“Comfortable, clean and convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra French Quarter Resort

You added Mantra French Quarter Resort to your Saves list
Mantra French Quarter Resort
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   62 Hastings Street, Noosa, Queensland 4567, Australia (Formerly Breakfree French Quarter Resort)   |
Ranked #70 of 130 Specialty Lodging in Noosa
Melbourne, Australia
“Comfortable, clean and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We have just returned from a two night stay in a deluxe room (310) and I would love to return here for a longer stay. Our room had been refurbished and contained all you needed to stay in a self contained apartment. A two burner stove top, oven, dishwasher, refrigerator, a washing machine and dryer were provided as well as a small clothes horse which could be used on the balcony. The bed was very comfortable as well as the pillows. Fans in the living area and bedroom as well as reverse cycle air conditioning kept the temperature how we liked it. The place was spotless and bright and very pleasant. The staff at reception were friendly and helpful and able to provide extra soap etc. should it be required. The location is excellent, right on Hastings St and across the road from the beach.

Room Tip: My understanding is these rooms are owned individually so quality may vary to to some degree. Stick...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
FQEAM, Manager at Mantra French Quarter Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at BreakFree French Quarter Resort. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay in one of our Deluxe rooms, and the location of the resort.
I will be sure to pass on to our wonderful staff in reception and housekeeping your positive comments regarding their service.
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
aussie aussie aussie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights with my 5 year old daughter during the sept school holidays. I choose this place because of the proximity to the beach ( right across the road) as i found from staying at previous places that weren't near hastings street that it was near impossible to get a park close to the beach.
The accom interior is fine (i didnt choose it for the look as i wasnt spending that much time in the room) they are a bit dated but didnt really bother me. our room was right on the main road but wasnt noisy at night. It is also right across from a fab ice cream place and walking distance to all the best shops and food places hastings street has to offer. The pool area is large and never felt over crowded but seemed to be full of kiddies ( which was fine) check in and check out was quick and simple and i didnt have a problem at any time whilst staying. Highly recommend it if you're not too pickiy on the look of a room and are more an outdoors and experience noosa kind of person with kiddies : )

Room Tip: for those with kiddies having a room that looks over the pool area may be helpful : )
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
FQEAM, Manager at Mantra French Quarter Resort, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, and we are happy to hear you and your daughter enjoyed your stay. Thank you for pointing out different details regarding the resort and surrounding location.
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

After booking a special "spa escape weekend"we ariived at our room to what I would describe as a totally unacceptible room. Our standard room can only be described as substandard. There was even blood on the carpet. The first thing that hit us when we walked into the room was the smell of stagnant water I assume from the drains. The furniture was chipped and and really old and the oudoor table on the balcony was cracked. We were not happy as we thought we had already paid too much for our room but thought because of the location being close to the beach we would stretch ourselves. After complaining we were moved to the room next door which was like night and day, a lovely room,totally renovated and just what we were expecting, but we had to pay an extra $35 per night with the girl at reception agreeing that the first room was a bit of a mess? This all makes me wonder if it is a bit of a trap so that once you are booked in to the standard room you are compelled to pay the extra to upgrade your room.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger renovated room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your constructive feedback, I appreciate you taking the time to pass on your experience.
Correctly you have mentioned there is a difference between the Standard rooms, and the Deluxe rooms, as the latter have been renovated. We apologise if there was any misunderstanding if this was not communicated correctly when making your booking, but we are quite open about the two different room types.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed the Deluxe room, and that reception were able to cater to your expectations.
Please feel free to contact me directly, as it is always appreciated if feedback from a specific room is given, so further follow up to improve these can occur.
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was our second time staying here, and we enjoyed it just as much as our first. The big attraction been the fantastic pools and spa that the kids just love to swim in. Room was clean and functional. People should keep in mind that these really are holiday units, not a hotel or a resort in the traditional sense. Location is A1. Great place for people with young kids.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room for young childrens daytime sleeps then request the South block. It is a l...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
FQEAM, Manager at Mantra French Quarter Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, it is great to hear you enjoyed staying at BreakFree French Quarter Resort once again! It's wonderful the kids enjoyed the pools and spa, a definite favourite for families staying here.
We also appreciate the tips you have given to readers, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I don't often complete reviews for hotels, but feel it is necessary to give an accurate description for this one. We booked this hotel (2 bedroom) after a friend recommended it. I don't think I have been more disappointed in a hotel in the past 20 years. I do understand that some rooms have been updated (Deluxe rooms), but ours was not a Deluxe room.

I will start with the pros:
Pool - the pool is family friendly. It is in the center of the hotel so you never have a far walk. It is a good size so even when crowded it doesn't feel overcrowded. It has a toilet and shower, although I didn't use or look at them.

Location - amazing! Can't beat the location. On Hastings...across from beach, Surf Club, etc. location really is superb.

Reception - the reception were always friendly, even when telling us that they had no other rooms available to move to.

The areas for improvement:
There really are too many to list so I will just give the most obvious.

Room in general - in need of an update! And a deep clean! There are chunks of carpet missing. One of our windows was missing blinds. The couch and comforters appear to be stained and dirty. One of the loungers on the patio was so rusted that you couldn't sit on it even if you wanted to.

Kitchen - there are dishes but no detergent to wash them with. No paper towels or starter kit. No where to put the rubbish bin. And much more....

Bathrooms - dated and do not come close to appearing clean.

Our front door did not have a deadbolt - appears it was ripped off the wall. This is a problem as the doors are light weight and easy for toddlers to open.

We have traveled to 9 countries since January so I feel that we have a solid base to compare to. I wouldn't stay here unless the only thing you are concerned with is location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
FQEAM, Manager at Mantra French Quarter Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. We appreciate all feedback, and it is noted that although you enjoyed many of the facilities and surrounding areas, your room left you dissapointed.
As you pointed out, there is a difference between the standard and Deluxe units, with the Deluxe being refurbished. All feedback given though is used to help upgrade these units that do not meet our guests expectations, so we appreciate the time you have taken to advise us of your concerns for this particular one. All the housekeeping issues in the kitchen you have mentioned will also be passed on to our Housekeeping Manager to address.
The door locks you have mentioned are secure swipe key access, with a deadbolt on the inside casing, which is very much the standard for hotels world wide now.
Thank you again for your comments, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to arrange to stay with us again, which will allow us to allocate you a room more suited to your preferences and has been refurbished.
Tasmania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had 3 nights here in Sept and the location is terrific. just across from the beach and surf club. very quiet even though it was busy with lots of families. nice deluxe apartment, huge tv, views of the pool, comfortable beds. Our first time in noosa was great and we'll be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive experience at BreakFree French Quarter Resort.
Perth, Western Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I travelled to Noosa from Perth WA to meet up with my brother and his family and my 84 year old mother, who were travelling from NZ. I booked well ahead and stated that we would like to be placed in close proximity to each other (2 apartments) so that our mother would not have to walk too far between apartments. We also requested higher apartments as my brother has a 2 year old who needed to be kept away from the pool, and a quiet location. While booking by phone I was assured this would not be a problem and that notes were taken of our requests. I rang the Resort a week before arrival to touch base and discuss our needs again.

Sadly, we found our request had largely been ignored when we checked into our 2 bedroom deluxe apartments. My brother and his family were on level 2, and we were placed on level one. During our stay, this required a lengthy walk and a lift ride in order for our 2 groups to get together, which was hard on our Mum. Sadly, also, I believe my husband, Mum and myself were given the noisiest apartment in the resort. We were directly opposite the pool on the bottom floor, with the pool gate right outside our apartment. This was opened and slammed shut all day as other guests accessed the pool right at our front door. .There was a pathway beside our apartment which was accessed by guests day and night, and it felt like people were right in our bedroom as they chatted noisily walking past.

The apartments were reasonably comfortable but vary according to what the owners have chosen to furnish them with. My brother's apartment had an oven. Ours did not. His had a modern washing machine. Ours was at least 20 years old and was leaking on the floor when we used it. I would suggest that the apartments are not user friendly for middle aged or elderly people. The spa bath/shower in the main bedroom requires a big step up to access it. You also step down onto slippery tiles as you get out. Potentially dangerous, I felt. The only seating in our apartment were unsupportive and very hard on the back: very high, low backed bar stools and an uncomfortable freedom furniture couch that doubled as a pull out bed. The outside furniture chairs were okay but the arms were covered in mould which despite our best efforts we could not remove with the limited cleaning equipment provided. The bed mattresses were cheap and did not provide good support for the spine.

The kitchen equipment was really limited in our apartment. There was no nonstick frying pan. There were no paring knives for chopping vegetables (we bought a set from the supermarket and left them behind for them). There was no egg whisk. Several light globes went out, and these were quickly fixed by the maintenance man. There are very few power points. my husband borrowed an extension cord in order to use his laptop.

One safety issue which we felt needed urgent attention was the lack of prominent marking on the sliding doors to the outside area. Both my Mum and my 11 year old niece walked straight into the glass on 2 separate occasions, resulting in a bumped head and a fright. The glass was very clean, but this made it dangerous.

We really enjoyed the location of the apartments. We had limited access to the staff but they were polite and friendly. Unfortunately they booked a horse trek for my brother and his daughter but sent them to the wrong location. This resulted in wasted time and a ferry ride to the wrong place and no trek!. They were very apologetic but it really shouldn't have happened.

I think this resort is rather overpriced for what you receive. Had our needs been taken into account we probably would not have minded all the other things we had to deal with.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet location on a high level but don't expect to have your request granted!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
FQEAM, Manager at Mantra French Quarter Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such detailed feedback regarding your stay with us.

Please accept our apologies if your requests before arrival could not be fully met. As we have several different room types that are spread out at different wings and floors of the resort to help cater for everyone, it is not always possible to put rooms right next to each other, as it is dependant on the room type availability on the date you arrive. The staff definitely take into account all requests received, and will do everything they can to allocate rooms to our guests preference, but this is not guaranteed as sometimes it is indeed out of the staffs control of what options are available to them for that particular date of arrival.

We appreciate your comments regarding the safety issues that you were concerned with, and this has been passed on to our maintenance manager to look at possible improvements to this particular unit.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Mantra French Quarter Resort? Share your experiences!