“Great for Families” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Noosa International Resort

You added Noosa International Resort to your Saves list
Noosa International Resort
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   1 Edgar Bennett Ave | Noosa Heads, Noosa, Queensland 4567, Australia (Formerly BreakFree Noosa International)   |
Ranked #103 of 130 Specialty Lodging in Noosa
Melbourne
“Great for Families”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2008

We booked at Noosa Breakfree International at the last minute as our regular 'place' was not available - actually thought I was booking the Breakfree on Hastings Street at an incredible cheap rate! The apartment was tired (apparently it had been up for sale for past 6 months), but the staff on site were very helpful. We decided to bring my niece at the last minute and on the phone were told that a 2 bedroom apartment was not available but when we checked in, the staff offered to open the second bedroom for our use. Stairs are everywhere so need to be careful with children, but the pool area is very nice, safely fenced and not too deep so a geat place for kids and the pool bar was fine, even in the rain! We met two really nice families whose children were very welcoming to our niece, they played in the pool, at the beach and went for dinner with them on several nights. The on-site restaurant was okay, they had just re-opened for the summer but the hotel/pub just across the road serves good meals at reasonable prices and had a great kids playroom. The local shops, Coles supermarket and take-aways are about 250m away so self-catering is easy. We saw other apartments in the complex that were very nicely decorated. I think our apartment was the exception with its tired furnishings and appliances, but our location (next to the pool) worked well for keeping an eye on our young niece in the pool. The noise on the main road alongside was difficult to ignore but it really only occurred for 20 minutes when the hotel/pub closed!
Overall, it was pretty good value for money compared to some other places we have stayed at in Noosa. It is an easy walk down to Hastings Street and the beach - bit harder on the way back, but there are always taxis available for the short trip up the hill.

• Liked — Service from the staff
  • Disliked — The apartment!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sheffield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2008

We stayed at the Noosa International for 4 nights in March and I was glad it wasn't for any longer. The accommodation was grubby and dated and is in need of a refurb.

On the plus side there is a secure underground car park and you can park there free of charge. The unit also had air conditioning in both the living room and the bedroom which was great.

However, the cons really do outweigh the pros. Its quite a long walk into the main part of Noosa (Hastings Street and the beach) and it's all up hill on the way back. The shower was so dark you could barely see. The bedroom window must had had a small gap in it somewhere as every time the wind blew it moaned and groaned like a comedy ghost. There's also a constant noise which sounds like a bin lorry in the distance. The 'bin lorry' and the 'ghost' combined meant it was really difficult to get to sleep. Also, the sofa in the living room smelled awful!! Like a mixture of damp and BO.

Noosa is a lovely little town, don't take the edge off your trip by staying here.

• Liked — Secure Car Park
  • Disliked — Standard of unit
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
QLD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2008

We arrived at this hotel January 2008 and stayed in a 2 bed apartment on the ground floor. Our room was in a fantastic position overlooking the pool bar - which is a bonus.

Unfortunately one of the first things we noticed was a bad smell coming from the main bathroom. This damp smell was also present in the only cafe on the premises ( right outside the pool ).

In the main lounge the furniture was very old and also smelt extremely damp and musty, to the point where I refused to sit on the couch...

There are obviously some major plumbing and/or water damage to the rooms causing the smell.

We also asked for a double bed in the bedroom and got two single beds ( when asked for a sheet or bedding to pull the beds together - was told none was available )

Also on a separate note the TV was extremely small, and badly placed near the lounge.

To be honest for the price we paid, this place is in a fantastic location but lost all of its class with outdated furniture and a horrible smell.

Unless major reno's are conducted, i would not pay to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2007

We arrived after flying from Cairns to Brisbane, and then a two hour drive from Brisbane. All we wanted to do was relax. We luckly arrived while someone was still there. They close at 4 pm. I able to ask where the grocery store was (a fair hike from the apt.)

We got to our room the long way around. People at the pool were laughing as we went up and down the stairs and rocks with us and our luggage in tow.

We get into our room and it smells like we are sitting in a dirty ashtray! Since my son is asthmatic this wasn't good. We looked into the master bedroom, and we could tell without sitting on the bed that it sunk in the middle. The sliding patio doors were broken. The second bedroom the blind was full of dust I could see it on all the slats. the rod to close the blind was broken. So the blind could not close, and of course at 6 the sun shone in.

The kitchen was fully equipped. Pulled out a wine glass, and it came with FINGERPRINTS! The t.v. was poor, hardly any channels, no DVD, NO VCR even, no t.v guide and no internet connection.

One of the bathroom, even had URINE on the wall. The linens did not feel fresh at all. the pillows and covers were really old.

I could not even get into my night stuff. I slept in my clothes. I even used my own small pillow that I use on the plane. Could not wait to get out. We were suppose to spend 5 days here.

This is a fair hike from Hastings street. this place is out of the loop. Went we left Noosa, we noticed two cleaning carts at our spot.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2007

This property was reccomended by Qantas and was not up to standard. Poor service, dirty rooms, dated and worn decor are just the begining.

When I arrived (albeit at 12pm) I was told that check in is at 2pm. I asked if my room was ready and I was told again that check in was at 2pm. I then asked if I could leave my luggage behind and was told "No".

I was called by the front desk at 1pm to tell me that a room was now available. When I returned, I stated my name and told the check in staff that I had already checked in. I was told that there was no record. I then restated my name, which was questioned (are you sure it's not Caroline? - No I am a man) and eventually found. I was given a key and told where to go.

The room had 3 bedrooms but 2 were locked off. The main bedroom faced the main road but had double glazed windows (that didnt open). The large balcony wrapped around the whole apartment and overlooked the pool and spa.

Unfortunately, the room was very tired and dirty. Tatty furniture (why is cane used so extensively in Noosa?) and cobwebs adorned the ceilings. Plastic glasses in the cupboard. 4 teabags and 8 sugar saches- (feel free to vist the supermarket).

The TV was tiny and the remote worked peridically. There was no TV guide and no way of getting one. The soap in the bathroom was so small, that you could have lost it.

The bathroom shower enclosure was so old that the glass couldnt be seen through. Tired - dirty - old.

The plastic flowers and pot plant (a faux ficus) were dusty. If it wasnt so sad, it wouldnt be funny. My Libran asthetically neurotic partner had to rearrange them- he was about to re-hang the artwork when I said to him that enough was enough!

The walls were all painted different colours that didnt match. It felt like a schizophrenic person had decorated it.

Thank god we only had 3 days here.

You know when you are in a low- class property when there are signs everywhere advising you about everything from not taking glass to the pool, not bringing alcohol onto the property, not running, jumping, or spending too long in the jacuzzi., not leaving your rubbish in the hallways (what kind of people stay here?) to where to park and how to operate the garage door!

Check out was the same hositle transaction. I placed my room key on the desk, the manager looked at it, keyed in some data into the computer, announced my last name (like being at school again) and said $6.50. Without speaking I gave him the money and that was the end of the conversaiton. No receipt, no nothing. I was ready to give him feedback on my experience - but wasnt given the chance.... until now.

Regrettably, I had no choice but to stay here ( I wont go into why, but I was restricted to what the travel agent had available) .If you get the chance to shop around, do it! A caravan at the beach would be more pleasant than this place

• Liked — Leaving and heading back to Sydney
  • Disliked — The quality of the establishment
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2007

We had a very spacious apartment tastefully decorated with a very small balcony overlooking the pool. All the equipment was good, except the fridge door was lacking shelves, and the stove was very old (but worked). There was only one bedside table with a lamp - we moved a small coffee table in the lounge and bought a lamp from St Vincent de Paul for $5. The restaurant and pool bar was closed for the winter. It was convenient to the shops. The pool temperature was just right. It was an enjoyable holiday, but not up to timeshare quality. (we booked through RCI)

Glen & Dennis Edwards

Stayed August 2007
Nice
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2007

Excellent pool area and wonderful tropical gardens. However Noosa is much busier now than when this place was built probably 20-25 years ago, so the traffic noise is pretty bad.I had trouble sleeping and probably wouldnt stay here again because of the noise. Its unfortunate because it was a good sized unit and a reasonable price close to Hastings Street. The grounds and pool make the place. Nice swim up pool bar however dont order the cocktails as they dont really know how to make them. But a beer is fine!

• Liked — pool and gardens
  • Disliked — traffic noise
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Noosa International Resort? Share your experiences!