“Daily hike uphill is good exercise. Great budget stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Noosa International Resort

You added Noosa International Resort to your Saves list
Noosa International Resort
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   1 Edgar Bennett Ave | Noosa Heads, Noosa, Queensland 4567, Australia (Formerly BreakFree Noosa International)   |
Ranked #110 of 137 Specialty Lodging in Noosa
Sydney
“Daily hike uphill is good exercise. Great budget stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

i booked this place as i got some cheap deal. then to my horror i read so many bad reviews about this place! i nearly was gonna cancel and go elsewhere. but i'm on a low budget and wanted to getaway for the long weekend. being longweekend the other fancy places are either booked out or too pricey.
it turns out my tiger air flight was cancelled and i had to re-book with virgin on the next day. so had to call hotel and cancel first night. the girl on phone was most polite & pleasant.
on arrival, thats after a very hectic hassled 2 long days of going to airport, found out flight cancelled, try to buy with another airline, go home, go there again next day.. i was tired & flustered. to my delight, girl at reception was most helpful & friendly. since it was pouring rain she let me borrow a huge umbrella. she explained the maps carefully.
got to my room, and it was great! phew!!! clean bed, clean coffee/tea area, clean little desk (which i use for laptop) clean wardrobe, clean & very large spacious bathroom. I dont know why other travelers complained so much. maybe its my lucky day!! after all that misfortune with the cancelled flights..

Location: beware! this hotel is only a few minutes walk to the popular Hasting Street where all shops/restaurants and beach is. on google map that is. in reality, its a very steep HILL!!! by the time i put down my bag & went out looking for dinner, dark & pouring rain it was quite scary. walking through this bush covered track.. ok. by day time it wasnt so bad but girl alone after dinner (9pm ish) i was a bit scared..
good thing is, as hotel is already on this hill, its closer to walk to the LOOKOUT point. with fab views of the noosa town & river below & mountains in distance.

Hotel: some ppl were disappointed about the pool area, well it was pouring rain on my first night, then next 2 days it was sunny but i was busy at Noosa town & fraser island so it didnt really bother me. I mainly go straight to my room for rest. i can understand if ppl want a resort holiday and i can understand their disappointment.. but hey the enormous beach is not far you can do as much sunbathing & swimming as you like there.. (unlike some places where you're not suppose to swim at the beach cos of jelly fish or crocs & you have to swim at hotel pool..)

Rooms: as described above, i had a great time staying there. the only thing i didnt like was the fact that i can hear my "neighbours" in the other room adjacent to me. Not because they are a noisy bunch, but t i can hear if they talked, or if they're flushing the toilet!! which makes me conscious of myself /my tv or if I'm laughing cos i was watching a comedy... apart from that, there is no traffic noise etc.

Staff: as described above, staff are very friendly. each time i past reception they'd say hello, check out was quick n easy too (some hotels make you wait forever while your bus is already waiting outside etc)

overall: for what i paid (75 per night) its really a budget place not 5 star, so what you pay is what you get, so yeah all up thumbs up, if i see a good cheap deal i'd def be back!

Room Tip: my room was at the back near the back door exit, ground floor, had a private fenced off verandah
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Alan_Golley, General Manager at Noosa International Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Dear Jetsetqueen,

Thank you for your kind words and your extensive and constructive review. We always appreciate receiving constructive comments regarding the resort as it helps us to improve on our service and standards.

Here at BreakFree Noosa International Resort we strive to provide the highest level of cleanliness in our units and always strive to provide a high grade of guest services. I look forward to meeting with my team to discuss your comments which show we are improving in both these areas.

Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property and we look forward to welcoming you back to BreakFree Noosa International Resort in the near future.

BreakFree Noosa International Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

My husband who is dying of cancer and has only months to live, and myself booked this tour to Far North Queensland, and finished the tour by staying at the Noosa International, and looking forward to being at Noosa.

We arrived late afternoon, and thought the rooms were lovely until I opened the cupboards, laundry area, and tried the TV, as women do.

When I took my shoes off, the carpet was sticky and smelly, the crockery felt dirty and there was a funny smell throughout the place, the laundry area was filthy and the (new flat screen TV) was broken.

We did bring these things to the attention of your staff and the young girl arranged for a replacement TV and left us with a really old one that was all hazy and not at all appropriate, I must say that they offered us the room across the way, when the TV wouldn't work, and it had tiled floors which was better than the carpet in the other room, but the blankets had an awful musty smell, but we still had to wash all the crockery & cutlery because they felt sticky!

When we mentioned all this to the young man on duty when we checked out, he raised an eyebrow, and more or less questioned my appraisal of the level of cleanliness. He said he couldn't understand that the rooms would be dirty and that he would get the cleaning supervisor to check the room.

Must say our room looked NOTHING like the website.......so we were disappointed.

Room Tip: Maybe ask to see the room first???
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Alan_Golley, General Manager at Noosa International Resort, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Dear Apatchie,

We note your comments regarding the housekeeping service of your room and do apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay. Due to the high standards required of our cleaners, issues such as these are very rare occurrences. We have forwarded your comments onto our housekeeping department to ensure that our required standards of cleanliness are being met at all times.

We thank you for bringing the maintenance issues you experienced concerning the television in your room to our attention. Unfortunately maintenance issues do arise from time to time and measures are in place to ensure such issues are rectified promptly. We are heartened to hear however that our team, when unable to rectify the problem with the television took prompt corrective action, and moved you to a close by room with everything in working order.

We note your comments regarding the level of service you received and the manner in which your concerns were handled during your stay and we wish to offer our sincerest apologies. Here at BreakFree we pride ourselves on our courteous and friendly service and I have raised these matters with the staff concerned, to ensure our required standards of service are strictly adhered to at all times.

Once again we do apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay and hope you will allow us to demonstrate the true spirit of BreakFree Resorts hospitality when you next decide to holiday.

Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with 2 other families (3 units in total). It's okay that the hotel is older. It's a little depressing sitting by the pool looking at closed and decaying pool bar (maybe turn this into a garden?). The staff were friendly. We were lucky enough to have a renovated unit (which I did appreciate), but our friends were not. The older units are really quite scary. I can deal with old, I can deal with a little run down, there is no excuse however, for dirty. Since bedspreads freak me out, I took it off the bed, replacing it with the blanket stored in the closet. The smell from the blanket was so terrible that we needed to open the windows (moldy? - not sure what the problem was with it). The next day I laundered it and was able to sleep again. The other units had their own cleanliness issues.
I write this not to be rude, but to be constructive since the problem of general cleanliness could and should be rectified.

Room Tip: If you stay here ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Alan_Golley, General Manager at Noosa International Resort, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Dear TLCVancouver,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at BreakFree Noosa International Resort. I understand your comments regarding the unused pool bar area. We are currently in the process of getting designs and idea's for this area to make it more aesthetically pleasing.

It disappoints me to hear that you had issues with cleanliness during your stay. We are constantly striving to ensure that we are at a high level of standard with our cleanliness, especially with the units that are a little bit older. Your comments will be relayed to our housekeeping team and used in future training and quality control sessions.

I would like to thank you for staying with us at BreakFree Noosa International Resort and hope that you choose to stay with us or one of our many other BreakFree properties in the near future.

Cornwall
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

We were in apartment 111 which had to be accessed through the garage. It was convenient and adequate for our 5 night stay. One of the wardrobe doors in the main bedroom fell off. The reception staff mananged to get it sorted straight away. There were lots of damp patches on the second bedroom walls. I feel that this apartment needed to be decorated, and the balcony floor pressure hosed down. The kitchen was well stocked , the fridge/freezer and dishwasher worked well. All in all not too bad.

• Stayed April 2011
Alan_Golley, General Manager at Noosa International Resort, responded to this review, April 15, 2011
Dear MaryCornwall,

Thank you for you comments relating to your stay here at the BreakFree Noosa International Resort.

You comments regarding the unit have been noted and we are currently in the process of Spring Cleaning our units and the points you have made will be addressed during that deep cleaning of the unit.

Branson, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

We stayed here for a weekend away. I would definitely not call this a resort, this is far from it, these is a non serviced apartment complex with a nice pool and a few spas.

To be honest the place has a depressing vibe and I wouldn't want to stay for longer than a weekend and we definitely would not book this place again.

We had a studio room booked (which I would not advise people to get as its pretty tiny and does not look like any of the rooms on the website) and when we arrived it was really dirty.

In their defense management was excellent and moved us immediately so props to them for that...but from what the people are saying on trip advisor about the place, maybe the management need to seriously address who is doing their cleaning contracts.

If your cleaners seriously can look into a toilet and not see ants crawling over it and cobwebs and dirt in the bathroom sink and cockroach poo in the bed side drawers? Then they either don't care, or they are the worst cleaners in Noosa and need to be sacked.

The pool there is really nice and the spa is great. The reef hotel across the road is ok.

They need to do something about the pool bar and the restaurant that isn't working which is "out of breakfree's control" because its makes the place feel really depressing. We did find the room we were given 2nd quiet on our side of the apartments and honestly its not that far to Hastings street...I wouldn't want to walk up the hill but its fine to walk down and just get a cab back...

I guess when you leave a place you have stayed its always nice to be asked how your stay was...but here they just take your key and don't say anything to you...we that is what they did to us, so I guess people don't feel that they have the opportunity to give their feed back, maybe they get too much bad feedback, or maybe they just don't care.. I don't know, maybe that's why people go on Trip advisor?

I think tho that people need to know what they are getting for their money with this place...it is a competitive industry and i think this place is just getting by on its Noosa post code.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Alan_Golley, General Manager at Noosa International Resort, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
Dear Haley,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at BreakFree Noosa International Resort.

As with most properties in Noosa and the Sunshine Coast we are a Holiday Apartment style complex meaning that our apartments and resort are designed more for longer stays and the units are only serviced on a weekly basis. This is common practice for most Apartment Style resorts and we get a lot of families stay for a week or longer and really enjoy their time here in their fully self contained apartment with cooking and laundry facilities.

The weekend of your stay was very miserable weather wise which would not have helped with the “vibe” of the resort. As for the vacant restaurant and pool bar area we have been held back by strata titling restriction which have just been changed. This area is due to be renovated in the coming months and will completely change the look and feel of the resort.

The unit you were first allocated to has unfortunately been having an ongoing issue with bugs which we believed was rectified prior to your stay. I apologise that this was not the case and I believe the rain that we experienced over the weekend had forced these bugs, more specifically the ants inside. These would not have been there when the room was cleaned the previous day. As you mentioned we quickly rectified this issue and moved you to an upgraded room which was more comfortable for you for the remainder of your stay. For $120 a night the studio units are a very reasonably priced option for people visiting Noosa on a short stay considering the close proximity to Noosa’s main hub, Hastings Street.

Kind Regards,
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

Both my husband and I stayed at the resort from 11.3.2011 to 18.3.2011 (checked out 17.3.2011)
Wow if ever I had stayed in a dirty, filthy unkempt hotel well we found it with break free Noosa international. The 1 bedroom unit we had booked via whatif.com was so filthy that we found ourselves spending our days away from the unit. The floors were putrid, the kitchen especially inside the kitchen cupboards well I am lost for words - the whole place was a mess from top to bottom. I honestly would be questioning your so called "cleaners" what in Gods name do the do - it certainly is not cleaning that’s for sure. When was the last time you employed people who actually cleaned - I tried to open your windows and was horrified at the amount of dead insects that were in the window. What a nightmare of a stay - we were both gutted and mortified. You may rate yourself as 3 star but we can assure you even a 1 star rating is too much. The place was old and rundown inside and there is really no point in maintaining gardens when your rooms are dirty. I would be interested to know how Currant Affair find my observations and shock findings. We found we could no longer stay there and left early - which cost us more money in change flights - not to mention when we checked out the guy at the desk really could not be bothered to ask as to why we were checking out a day earlier. He really did not give a dam. Your resort staff should be more respectful of guests - just because we paid for a 1 bedroom unit the door to the other room was locked - HOW CHILDISH and immature!! Our personal experience was a horror to say it nicely - what a horrible way to spend our 25th wedding anniversary in such a dump.
YOU WERE SO QUICK TO TAKE OUR HARD EARNED MOENY - NOW I WOULD LIKE TO ASK YOU TO COMMENT AND PERHAPS REFUND OUR MONEY AS OUR WONDERFUL WEDDING ANNIVERSARY WAS DESTROYAED TOGETHER WITH THE MEMORY

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Alan_Golley, General Manager at Noosa International Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2011
Dear Suzanna,

Thank you for your comments and I have responded to your letter of complaint to your personal email. As mentioned in that email, you made no mention to any staff member that there was an issue with the cleanliness of the room. I believe that after you checked in, you were back at reception within 15 minutes heading out for a walk and you did not mention anything regarding cleanliness to the staff member that checked you in. There were other dealings with staff and plenty of times you walked past with a big smile on your face saying hello, and even brining Sue our receptionist some biscuits. But still at no time was there any mention of an issue with the cleanliness of the room. If the room was as ‘filthy’ as you say it was and it upset you as much as it clearly has then we would not expect you (or anybody) to stay in a room of below par cleaning standards. We would have offered you another room or had someone come and rectify any cleaning issues. You are very quick to defame our cleaners in your email however never gave us the opportunity to rectify the issue.

At the resort, all 66 of our rooms are Two Bedroom Apartments. To be competitive in the market and offer you the best available rate possible we lock off a bedroom, a bathroom and a toilet and then sell the room as a 1 Bedroom Apartment. This allows us to capture more of the market share and offer a cheaper alternative to couples or singles travelling. I am sorry you feel that this is “Childish and Immature” however it is done for the benefit of the consumer.

I would urge you and others reading this review to advise any resort you stay at during your stay if there is an issue as most issues are rectifiable. We are hospitality professionals and are here to make your stay an enjoyable one.

Brisbane, Queensland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

We stayed here for 4 terrible nights from 26 Dec 2010. The unit was old, tired and extremely dusty and dirty!!! Even the spa had worms living in it!!!! Our children were terrified and couldn't even swim!! We paid $370.00 per night for this disgusting hotel!!! Unfortunately we booked online under the assumption that a Breakfree hotel would be well maintained and clean.....we feel completley ripped off and it ruined our holiday....Please Please Please stay somewhere else and don't waste your hard earned money like we did :(

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Alan_Golley, General Manager at Noosa International Resort, responded to this review, January 10, 2011
Dear Terry_Nikki,

Thank you for you comments regarding your stay at BreakFree Noosa International Resort. We always appreciate receiving constructive comments which help us to maintain and improve our standards as well as meet and exceed guest expectations. I have contacted you privately regarding your comments in response to the letter you wrote.

As mentioned we were unsure what cause the said worms to decide that the spa would be a great place to hang out, however i can assure you that this is not a common occurance at the property.

We apologise that you did not enjoy your stay and hope that you accept out private appology and continue to stay at BreakFree Properties throughout Australia.

Resort General Manager