“Value option in Noosa” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Noosa Blue Resort

You added Noosa Blue Resort to your Saves list
Noosa Blue Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16 Noosa Drive | Noosa Heads, Noosa, Queensland 4567, Australia   |
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Noosa
GreenLeadersGold level
Adelaide, Australia
“Value option in Noosa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2008

We recently stayed at Noosa Blue for the second time (first was about one year ago). Our experience has not been bad at this place both times we have stayed there, in contrast to the negative reviews on here. Let's face it, Noosa is either expensive or horribly expensive, so if you want a cheap holiday. go somewhere else. That said, Noosa Blue is a better value option than many in Noosa. This is mostly because of it's location, I guess. The really expensive places in Noosa are by the beach and glitzy restaurants and boutiques of Hastings Street. Noosa Blue is about 10 minutes' walk up the hill from there. On the other hand, it's about the same walking time from supermarkets, which is useful if you're cooking in your unit and don't have a car (This was us, so I can't comment on the food etc. in the restaurant, we didn't use it).

We didn't have a problem with cleanliness, but our unit was booked through a local agency, not the resort itself. The pool was cleaner and warmer than some hotel pools I've used.

Overall, we love Noosa and Noosa Blue suits us well when we've gone there, but if you want the full Noosa experience and money is no object, choose the more expensive places around Hastings Street.

• Liked — Self contained, with kitchen
  • Disliked — Rooms a little bit small
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2008

My Husband and I searched the web for weeks looking for the perfect indulgence. The pictures and write up of the Noosa Blue appeared excellent. I wish I knew about Trip Advisor before we booked! All I can say is that the room was dirty, the floor was sticky and dead flies ground into the walls. The washing machine flooded the room and after 3 phone calls and no service, I cleaned it up myself and my husband fixed the machine. However, the breakfast was yummy, the staff were extremely helpful and we met some other guests who we plan to stay in touch with from the UK. It is such a shame as the location is fabulous and it could be top notch if it was maintained properly. The couch had lots of inground dirt...

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — not clean enough for me
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2008

Well, after reading other reviews, I was worried. However, I don't believe it was as bad as some of the other reviewers have said. It was clean, and they cleaned the room every day.

My partner and I stayed in one of the "penthouse" rooms for two nights.

Good points were:
The outdoor jacuzzi

Bad points:
Rooms aren't very soundproof.
It is a good walk away from Hasting St (with a steep hill). It wasn't a problem for us, being young & fit, but I could imagine older people, or families with young children would struggle.

Overall, I didn't mind our stay. However, it is overpriced, and not very central to Noosa. Try and get a cheap price on wotif, or the like!

• Liked — The roof top & jacuzzi
  • Disliked — A bit noisy
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
melb
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2008

I discovered and read the reviews of this hotel on tripadvisor the day before I was due to arrive. Did not look good.

I reasoned - being a pretty experienced traveller (and marketer in the real world) - how could a hotel marketed so effectively be that bad ? With my bias in mind and trying to be positive on my precious holiday time, I experienced the following:

Sofabed that my child slept on not changed from previous occupants(it was dark when we pulled it out !). Filthy. On informing housekeeping at 9am they changed only the top blanket. This took hours to action. At 6pm I followed up again and ended up changing the sheets myself.

'Relax and indulge' is the promise - on arrival (after paying for the room) handed a piece of paper saying rooms will be cleaned every 3 days. Fine if I had been told before, but strange given all other hotel literature does not reflect this. Not a great first 5 minutes.

Entered the room tacky signs on wall and smeared stainless steel behind the sink. Unswept leaves outside of the room. The threat of a $50 charge if you leave the kitchen too messy (are we in high school ?). No wonder you are made to pay for your stay in full before you go to your room.My heart sank.

Positioned online to attract people that care about their accommodation and then rooms sold on wotif for 60% less - result was a strange customer mix - with loud noises and yelling at times during the night. With the general lack of attention to detail, strange check in, noise - it didn't feel good to be there - kind of unsafe (possibly because the experience was so different to my expectation and the promise).

On the day we were leaving we received a realestate brochure regarding sale of 'an apartment' in the property (a room). I guess
Noosa Blue had some other focus that may have requried cost cutting and the staff in general didn't rescue the situation.

A pity as the size, quality and investment in the rooms is really generous and it could be amazing wtih the right team and approach.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Duesseldorf
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for a week at the beginning of December and I booked it as it appeared to be for 'couples or relaxation'. We were woken every morning at 6 am to a crying child either next door or above us - most pleasant. The room we had had a blocked pipe smell and although the room was well appointed, it was dirty and for this money, I would rather try a newer hotel. There was certainly no 'relaxation'. The main hallway to the rooms is made from stone and when everyone leaves, the suitcase rolled along the floor is really noisy too so forget sleeping in.... ever.

Stayed December 2007
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

Having stayed at all sorts of hotels at all sorts of budgets in all parts of the world my experience is that you usually get what you pay for... Not always the case but normally so... I have just returned on todays Virgin flight back to Melbourne and I was so incensed about the
stay that I signed up to write this review. Firstly - the staff are as
helpful as they could be - however the room we stayed in (Oasis Wing) was smelly and the cleaning (if you paid for it) was to make the bed. Having stayed over the new years break - there was no facility to remove rubbish from the room or indeed to take it anywhere - the place
appeared to have been taken over by students who found it funny to smoke, drink beer and peer into our room (we felt unsafe for our child) and climb up the side of the building, despite calling the security at all sorts of hours. Including dealing with them as they proceeded to empty our bin at our entrance, turn all the electricity off and disconnect our phone.

The reception is unmanned at 7.30pm, after this there is nothing that can be done... When the sun came out you could see the filth on the windows, cobwebs in the corners & a bed that felt that you were being eaten alive in...

I paid circa $3500.00 for 6 nights including return flights - I estimate that we paid $400 per night for a room that I would say should be $100.00 per night without the problems. Will I get my money back? I dont think so...

To the staff - thank you for doing what you could - to the management I suggest that you take a real good look at your establishment - you are (in my book) a 2 star establishment - to present yourself as you do breaks normal "normal trade description act"! I will be writing to the owner in more detail

Stayed December 2007
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2007

This resort was very bright and colourful and have tried very hard to make it luxurious. We stayed in a Penthouse suite with the upstairs area that had a jacuzzi (highly chlorinated) and BBQ area. The view towards the mountains was very beautiful, especially on sunset.

The penthouse room was quite reasonable, nicely furnished with shuttered doors closing off the bedroom and bathroom from the remainer
of the unit. It included a small kitchenette with limited cooking facilities. The bedroom had a spa bath in it which was different.

The walk back from Hastings street was quite a climb but it only took ten minutes. I wouldn't want to do it too many times in one day though. There was a local bus that I saw on Hastings street but I'm unsure on where it stops up the hill near the hotel.

At the time we stayed there Noosa had endured massive flooding a week or two before and the balcony and outside walls still had silt stuck on them... not really the hotel's fault though.

All in all it was a nice place to stay, not the most luxurious resort but it was clean, modern and very comfortable. The cost at the time we stayed was a little high ($330/night) and I have stayed in better hotels for less at that time of year - not in Noosa though.

• Liked — The view from the top balcony!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Noosa Blue Resort? Share your experiences!