“Customer Service Award ..... Thank you Melanie!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Noosa Blue Resort

You added Noosa Blue Resort to your Saves list
Noosa Blue Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16 Noosa Drive | Noosa Heads, Noosa, Queensland 4567, Australia   |
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Noosa
Australia
“Customer Service Award ..... Thank you Melanie!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Our experience staying at Noosa Blue was enhanced by the outstanding customer service delivered by Melanie. She seemed to be working the whole time, always with a smile and efficiency in each role. In chatting with us she found out that we were going to a particular restaurant the next night for a special birthday dinner. When we got to the restaurant we were treated like VIPs, given champagne to start the evening and attended to magnificently. As we suspected, Melanie had rung ahead and organised the special treatment. It made my birthday very special.

I'd also like to acknowledge the restaurant staff. Breakfasts were beautiful, with local organic produce making the flavours very special. Best Eggs Benedict I've ever had, and I order it regularly!

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor with direct access to the pool, which is what I requested. I suspect th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David L, General Manager at Noosa Blue Resort, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Wow, amazing feedback!
Here at Noosa Blue we encourage our staff to “go the extra mile” for our guests and Melanie has demonstrated that admirably.
We look forward to your next stay with us at Noosa Blue.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here in jan 2013. We stayed in a penthouse which was fantastic. Bed was great, I slept better here than I do at home. Facilities were great, the room was modern and clean and the rooftop terrace was fantastic in the spa watching the sunset over the hinterland.

We had a BBQ on the rooftop one night as well which was great. We relaxed in and around the resort pool everyday which was refreshing and well maintained.

My only advice would be to hire a car from the airport for your stay as it was handy to have to get out to the lake, into the national park and although you can walk down to the beach it can be a bit tedious when the sun's out.

All staff at the resort were terrific, they all went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Breakfast at the cafe was also a great start to the day

• Stayed January 2013
So pleased that we were able to make your stay here at Noosa Blue so pleasurable. Have to agree that the rooftop barbecue and terrace are favourites with many of our guests. Next time you stay with us, let us know if we can assist with arranging a hire car for you – all part of the service here at Noosa Blue
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

If we hadn’t paid 100% before arrival we definitely would not have stayed at Noosa Blue.

First advice is check your room before you accept it. If you’re not happy, ask for another room.
Second advice is don’t pay anything before arrival (we had to pay 100% because it was peak season).

My husband and I spent 10 days at Noosa Blue resort over the Christmas / New Year time. We were very disappointed with the place (I don’t think my husband is going to forgive me for booking this place). It is nothing like the website, the website is misleading. The website pictures must be pictures from a very, very long time ago. The place is in great need of a complete makeover. I would rate this place as a 2 ½ - 3 star (not 4 ½), motel-like accommodation rather than an boutique ‘resort’ as the website states. On the website the pool is sparkling and pool area looks quite enticing. In actuality, however, the pebble pool was discoloured (the discoloured pebbles makes the water look discoloured) and the whole surrounds were so dated, and the pool area is just by a noisy road – I took one look and never went near it again (thank God for the Noosa Heads beach – it is glorious).

Before I booked, I read some negative reviews on TripAdvisor which talked about the place looking run down and problems with the ‘cleaning’. But then I read there was new management and when I rang Noosa Blue I was told about renovation, so thought the whole place had been newly renovated – wrong!

When I booked I was told we would get a newly renovated room. The room we were first given (room 201 from memory) was small and pokey, and to say it was renovated would be really, really, really stretching the definition of renovated (one coat of whitewash and new furniture ...). I was so disappointed (shocked actually) I couldn’t imagine having to spend 10 days in that room. I asked for a different room – and they were surprised I wasn’t happy with the room as I had been ‘upgraded’ to a penthouse suite (the rooftop ‘penthouse’ area looked bare, old, discoloured concrete, miserable – I would never spend any time there). I asked to see other rooms and was shown three others. I was shown a fully renovated room, and again you’d have to stretch the definition of renovation. We settled on a bigger room with a slightly bigger balcony (room 210). The ‘hinterland view’ was onto the neighbouring properties approximately 5-15 meters distance – one of which was a suburban house with noisy kids in the pool every day.

The room had a new couch & chair & coffee table & bed. And the bed linen was white and quite lovely. Plenty of good quality pillows. The kitchen was well equipped.

The gym – my husband tried the running machine but it was broken. The cafe/restaurant – was not functioning (no one there) when we were there, and again it looked dated and in need of renovation.

Over the 10 days our room was ‘cleaned’ twice (if you are staying longer than 2 days, ask them how often the room will be ‘cleaned’). HOWEVER, the shower, the toilet, the bathroom were not cleaned or wiped down! As far as we could work out the sheets & towels were changed and the floor swept (perhaps washed – it was hard to tell). I complained to the front desk: one of the front desk staff said the cleaners were supposed to clean the bathroom etc and that she would report my complaint to the manager. I later followed this up with another front desk staff member who told me that she was unsure whether the cleaners were actually supposed to ‘clean’ the bathroom and kitchen and then told me it was perhaps more a service than a clean (bit of a Faulty Towers explanation)! I did not hear back from the manager. So we stayed there for 10 days without having the room properly cleaned.

The new manager and front desk staff are very nice, friendly. I think, however, the management should be very upfront about the place, put realistic photos on the website, and charge much less for the rooms (we paid $340 a night peak time!).

While we were in Noosa we visited the RACV club (great dinner there), which is a three year old resort (3 star I think), and it’s much, much, much better than Noosa Blue, cheaper, great restaurant and separate bar, gorgeous pool area (they will expand this pool area this year?) with a shuttle to Hastings street every hour (or on request). Wish we had stayed at the RACV.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road is quieter. Don't pay 100% before arrival (perhaps a small deposit, re...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
David L, General Manager at Noosa Blue Resort, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Hi Mary
I am disappointed to read your review. It is fair to say we are midway through a massive renovation, and I was disappointed that the work fell behind schedule through no fault of our own. Of course we could not have tradespeople working on site during the peak season and some of the work had to be stalled so as to ensure a relaxed and quite environment for our valued guests. This also affected our restaurant operations however I am pleased to advise that our Blueberries restaurant opened on the 9th January and is now in full swing.
One of the nice things about Noosa Blue is that not every room is the same; we do find that each and every guest has their particular preferences, and whilst one guest will be ecstatic about the hinterland view, another will want to be looking over the pool. Similarly some guests tell us our beds are way too soft and others they are too firm. The reality is that no bed is as good as the one you enjoy at home, but we do our best to please. My staff did offer you a number of rooms for you to choose from… I am sorry that you were not happy with the room you chose.
Our rooms are serviced on departure or on the third day of five day stay. As you know there are kitchen and laundry facilities in most apartments, and for most of our guests they like the additional flexibility that this offers. Many local resorts service only after 7 days so we have set a standard that is higher than many other resorts here, and we happily provide fresh towels as often as our guests want them. You have raised a point that slipped through, the clean on the 7th day should have been a full clean and I have discussed this matter with the staff to ensure it doesn’t happen again.
As for our location… what can I say? Hastings Street is a busy area during peak season. So many people want to be able to walk to the beach, as you can from Noosa Blue; Noosa does run free bus services to try and keep traffic at a manageable level but Christmas and New Year are busy. You may want to consider visiting Noosa during the low season… there is less traffic, the resort is generally quieter and the beach is just as beautiful.
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Decided on a last minute getaway and was blown away at the cheapish price for a penthouse suite. It rained all weekend which really but a huge damper on our trip (this is obviously not the resorts fault).

The resort itself is lovely. Beautiful main pool and very friendly staff. The penthouse suite is a bit overrated. We must of been allocated an older style suite as the bed was not very comfortable which made sleeping difficult. Very old mattress I would assume. The pillows also need replacing to be consider a 4 star resort.

The kitchenette set up was very modern and beautiful but the lounge chair was old and smelt pretty bad.

The hot tub on the roof was lovely, but not private should you be looking for a romantic getaway.

The bathroom, amazing. Spa bath – perfect.

I think the resort should look at upgrading their penthouse suites should they continue to charge the rate they do.

Good experience, probably wouldn’t be too keen to go back and if we did would opt for a deluxe suite instead of the penthouse, for the above reasons.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Don't do it. We are here now held hostage over breakfast. 1 item available on the menu. Had no sleep last night, had an idiot turn on the Fire Hose above our room. Called management three times about the noise and flood from fire hose to no avail. While waiting outside for management (that never showed) after my husband turned off the fire hose, was met by policeman in bullet proof vest and told to quickly go back inside. Never ever again. It was horrendous, save you're net and go elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013
Dalby, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Decided on a Last minute getaway, David (the Resort manager) was very accommodating and put us up in a newly renovated penthouse suite away from the main complex.

Had breakfast at the in house restaurant both mornings, not your standard fare and a great breakfast menu.

The units are clean and beautifully presented with beach towels and carry basket.

Once again we loved our time at Noosa Blue and hope to return shortly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
David L, General Manager at Noosa Blue Resort, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thanks you for your positive response to your holiday. Glad you enjoyed your stay over in the oasis enclave. It's a great room for those who want to get away from the main pool area.
Each room at Noosa Blue has its own particular style so we happily cater for guests with different needs. Its always great to have such beautiful guests stay with us as it makes all my staff and my job all the more pleasurable.
Look forward to having you with us again soon.
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Got away for a romantic week away from work and kids. Given 306 with roof top spa. Great view of noosa river and beyond. Main pool was clean and a great size. Staff very helpful and friendly. Very, very quiet - saw only four other couples the whole time. Easy walk to shops, hasting st, beach and national park. Plan to come back next year same time.

Room Tip: 306 to 308
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Yes that's what Noosa Blue is all about... getting away from your routine and being able to indulge for just a few days.
Glad you enjoyed your stay. Let me know when you are coming back so we can ensure its just as special next time. Noosa Blue is the perfect place to have that romantic break as all our apartments are 1 bedroom and we try and maintain it as a couples resort.

We look forward to creating your next special getaway, when booking ask my team about the many romantic things you can do in Noosa , take a scenic sunset helicopter ride over Noosa, a private stand up paddle or a intimate 5 course degustation at the famous Berado`s restaurant on Hastings street.

Been to Noosa Blue Resort? Share your experiences!