“Can I buy the room?” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Noosa
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Can I buy the room?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We had a wonderful 5 nights at the Sebel from 9 October to 13 inclusive. Had never stayed in Noosa before; only visited on day trips. Knew roughly where it was though on Hastings Street. So I looked it up on TripAdvisor and looked at the photos. Which brings me to the first point I want to make which is that the photos on here and on Accor's own website just don't do this place justice. It was sooooo much better than indicated. Our room, (actually it's really an apartment) overlooking Hastings Street was large, very comfortable and had a great balcony to enjoy breakfast danishes and coffee or late afternoon drink. On Sunday night I think it was we enjoyed music from the courtyard on Hastings wafting up and it was so brilliant I had to go down and thank the musician. I hope to remember his name by the end of this review!
The second point I'd like to make is about the staff. They went out of their way to smile, be friendly, helpful and accommodating. And there wasn't a bad one - right through including the housemaids they were all like this. I couldn't believe it. Nothing was too much trouble.

The are only two things I found fault with and I expect that the first will be included in their scheduled maintenance plan and that is the varnish on the wooden blinds was peeling off. But from a physical property point of view, if that's all I could fault it tells you how nice this place was. It also reflects the power and warmth of the sun there. The second fault was more of a procedural one. When I went to swim, the pool was full of adults with children while the children's pool was empty. Perhaps I'm getting old and grumpy but I felt there should be either an adults only time for the main pool or children should be in the beautiful pool that's there for them.
The parking at the resort was great, being able to charge back from the restaurant worked well and I'd love to come back. As an aside, they have a clever design of vanity outside the bathroom so that one person can shower then move to the vanity so the other person can shower. It was a clever arrangement that once experienced I feel should be the standard elsewhere. Good thinking!

So all in all, a wonderful time at the Sebel Noosa Resort. It's location on Hastings St is excellent and I would move in given half a chance. Hence the title of my review.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Good day Stuart R,

Thank you for your fantastic review. It certainly shows that your took some time to really enjoy the resort, and give a thorough review of the property.

I have already placed it on our team noticeboard...and seeing the staff read it, they are always smiling...so thank you.

I have asked Maintenance to take a look at those blinds and get them touched up. The pool can be a sligth issue at times, but it is good to see that our geusts enjoy the resort so much they don't head to the beach, but rather hang around the pool areas. So many times I have been to resorts and the pool area is literally evacuated...so I am glad in a way that we provide that relaxed atmosphere.

Going back to your review title "Can I buy the room"...actually yes you can! We are a strata title property, meaning all our rooms are individually owned by 111 different owners. Just had a quick look on real estate websites and there is about 13 currently up for sale. The rooms are purchased as an apartment and basically leased back to The Sebel who rent it out for the owners. The best thing is that you can come use your apartment at anytime!

We hope to see you back in Noosa sometime soon.

Cameron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed at the Sebel Resort Noosa with my partner on a team building weekend for his work and it was a great stay. The room was very clean, modern and the staff were very helpful and courteous. The hotel was conveniently located amongst the restaurants and boutique shops in Noosa with access to the beach nearby. Overall a very pleasant stay and will recommend to others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this review, January 14, 2014

I enjoyed reading your review. Glad to read that the team here looked after you,a dn the room was to your liking.

Hopefully your partner has another team builing weekend sometime soon...if not, I hope you get a chance to come back and relax in Noosa again in the not too distant future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We travel to Noosa most years for a short break and the Sebel is our favourite. We have tried many others but keep coming back to the Sebel. The transfer bus from Brisbane airport drops at the Sebel, quickly through reception and we are in to our spacious, air-conditioned apartment within 10 minutes. Being lovcated on Hastings Street you are handy to Aromas for a coffee, cocktail or a delicious meal.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I enjoyed reading your review, and was great to see you back up in Noosa again.

While we are a bit of a drive up from Brisbane Airport, the end result of the bus ride is a relaxing spacious apartment. Coffee and cocktails on the private balcony can never be a bad thing!

Look forward to welcoming you back again real soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Our booking was last minute. We were greeting by lovely friendly staff who were very helpful. Stayed in a one bedroom apartment which was very spacious and comfortable. The grounds of the property were just lovely very much a resort feel to it. The location of the Sebel is just superb in the centre of Hasting street and across the road from the beach. We will be coming back for sure.

Room Tip: Room 617 if you prefer a quiet spot with a private court yard tucked away
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your great feedback. I am certainly glad that our team gave you a great comfortable Noosa stay. We have spent a lot of time over the years improving our grounds and adding new features such as the gym and new BBQ areas.

Also, nice pick up on our new feature rooms with the private courtyard, they were only added back in June, and have been well recieved by guests.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ganeral Manager

Been to The Sebel Noosa? Share your experiences!