“Nice and well located hotel” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   32 Hastings Street, Noosa, Queensland 4567, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
Early booking offer
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Noosa
“Nice and well located hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and helpful. For cars, they have parking downstairs, which is very important while travelling by car! The hotel location is great and even good for families. The only point, we could hear the noise outside the room.

• Stayed January 2013
SebelNoosaGM, General Manager at The Sebel Noosa, responded to this review, April 2, 2013

Thanks for your review. It is great to get good feedback.

It is great to have the carpark recognised. For those reading this and unfamiliar with this feature, our complimentary carpark is secured, and all carparks are located under each of the six buildings. The extent of taking your luggage to your room is straight from the car, up the elevator, and all rooms are located close by. Nothing worse than dragging luggage all over the resort from the car to the room.

Gald you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back again real soon.

Cameron (General Manager)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
göteborg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The two things that makes this hotel being a 2-star and not a 1-star is the location (great location although not on the beach which I also seen advertised online) and the nice rooms. Most other things leaves quite a bit to ask for:

1. Poor cleaning. They do not even call it cleaning but rather "Refreshing" which is more or less correct meaning that they do not actually clean the room but rather just change towels and take out garbage.

2. Staff. Even though most staff is actually very nice there was one very rude front staff that took away the experience from me on this trip.

3. Internet. It is 2013 and since I travel all over the world on a consistant basis I can now advise you that free wifi in every room is now more standard than a slow internet in the lobby that is only free for 15 min. Forget this hotel if you need to stay connected.

4. Pool. The pool is great but it is just not enough of it. During one week here we managed to get a bed by the pool once. A lot of "towel reservations" here and if you do not want to get up early to "reserve" you will not be by the pool.

5. Unreasonable prices. 3AUD a minute to call Melbourne from a landline is just crazy. To pay for internet is just silly.

6. Kitchen in room. If you actually plan to cook anything there you will be dissappointed since it is more for making coffe and have stuff in the fridge than actual cooking.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

I am so sorry that we could not fulfill your needs when you recently stayed at our resort. I do think it is an unfair assessment to state that we are a 1 star resort though. To save confusion for other potential guests looking at staying at The Sebel Resort Noosa, I offer the following to answer your concerns raised.

Arriving guests enter a room that has been cleaned thoroughly, and we do light refreshing of the rooms each day of your stay. This includes replacing towels that have been left on the spa bath (following our environmental responsibilities we ask guests if they wish to reuse towels to hang them up), making the bed, removing trash and vaccumming and moping of floors as required.

We employ three public area attendants who monitor the main pool to ensure the towel reservations do not occur. If a sun lounger has a towel left on it, and nobody seems to be using it after a certain amount of time, the towel is moved over to the side and the chair returned to service. This has been effective for any rare occurance of chair reserving.

We do have complimentary high speed wireless internet in the lobby and poolside. Due to the download limits, and to stop it slowing down we give the codes out in 1hr lots, but there is no limit to the amount of codes you use during your stay. We are working with our service providor to install wireless throughout the resort, but working through some logistical issues.

Like most hotels, making calls from your room phone is not the most economical way of making calls, but we find most guests have mobile phones nowadays. When making interstate calls from your apartment phone, we simply charge the standard rate plus a small surcharge for the service provided. It is bold statement to say that not many hotels make money with phone calls nowadays, as we don't get that many guests making calls from their rooms anymore, but we still have to pay for 83 phone connections each month.

Our kitchens feature the following appliances: Stovetop, Convection Microwave, Dishwasher, Full size fride/freezer along with stainless steel toaster and kettle. In the cupboards we also have enough pots and pans, crockery, cutlery, utensils, chopping board etc to cater for four people. In our two bedroom apartment we also have an oven and a larger fridge and stovetop. All rooms also feature a washing machine/dryer in their own personal laundry.

Hope this has cleared up your concerns raised, and cleared up any concerns from potential guests reading your review.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Great family apartments. We were towards the rear of the complex which suited us as our teenagers could come and go from the pool to the room without us having the noise from the pool area. We were always able to get pool chairs which can be a problem at some places. So handy to walk out the front of the complex to everything on Hastings Street. From the back gate a short walk to the buses or the river ferries.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

I enjoyed reading your review. I always like to hear when a family holiday is a success, knowing how stressful organising a family holiday can be. Well done to you, navigating a family from Adelaide to Noosa.

The rooms overlooking Noosa Parade and the river do get some flack from time to time because of the road, but to be honest they are my favourite rooms. My personal favourite is sitting on the balcony watching the sunset, as the last evening canoe-ist paddles by.

Glad you didn't have any trouble getting a pool lounge. We are really hot on this area to ensure guests are not reserving chairs all day. There are very little occurances of this happening.

I hope you have already started planning your next family vacation. If you are looking for a new location, we have quite a large number of hotels and resorts around Australia and overseas. If you need any advise, don't hesitate to drop me a line. (h8776-gm@accor.com)

Thank you again for your review.

Cameron
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I would have happily given this hotel a 5 because it's great but there's not internet!! you have to go to the lobby and use one very slow computer they have for guests if you need to use the internet. In this day and age and in a country like Australia that's simply not acceptable.

The hotel itself was gorgeous, spacious rooms, beautiful pool, perfect location just steps away from the beach and Hastings St where all the cafes, restaurants and shops are.

It wasn't that expensive either, probably because we went mid week.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

I enjoyed reading your response and look forward to welcoming you back to Noosa again real soon.

Not sure how it was missed that we have complimentary wireless internet in the lobby, and around the main pool. I will make sure the reception team are mentioning it to our arriving guests as it is one of our most used features.

I am glad you recognised our apartments, pool and location. I am proud of all these features and never get tired of guests telling me how much they enjoyed these during their stay.

Canberra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had a bright, airy one bedroom apartment. The hotel is right on Hastings Street, across from the beach, so a good location. Car parking was easy. We had some irritation because our room keys needed to be each recoded several times and this often involved long queues when other people were checking in and all we wanted to do was get into our room. The staff always reacted as if they were doing us a favour by recoding the keys whereas I would actually have thought an apology for the inconvenience was more in order. However, when I left my phone charger behind, it was located quickly as soon as housekeeping could get into the room the next day - very efficient.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Please accept my belated apologies for the keycard issues. It was a very new system when you stayed with us (we used to be metal keys). The team were only just getting used to the system, and were doing the oldest mistake in the books of only coding the keys for 1 night instead of for the whole stay. This has well and truly been rectified and is now interfaced with out main system to avoid the human error factor.

We are glad though that besides this you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Noosa again real soon.

brisbane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I would rate this as above average,but not very good.

We had room on the 115 ground level.
It was a one bedroom apartment. Clean and I'd a decent size although bedroom was a bit tight. Two 32 inch flat screens in the main living area and bedroom.
Small outdoor table and balcony. Nothing to look at except the other building which is quite close.
The air conditioning was good.
The bed was comfortable but the pillows were not great.
Only complaint and a big one for a relaxing weekend was the noise.
The noise from slamming doors, the noise from people other corridors. Worse was the noise from the people above us. Thumping of chairs and loud thumping footsteps.
The noise spoilt our weekend so I would suggest a second level unit to avoid the elephants in the ceiling !!!

Location for eating on Hastings street and the beach is fantastic. They also have beach toys and sun shelters to use.
Would I go back ? No, for the price I would prefer Bella casa or Seahaven both on Hastings.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Sorry for the delayed response, but wanted to rectify the situation first instead of saying 'we will look into it'.

As a direct result of your review I have had Maintenance go door to door and slow down the closer to make it less 'slamming'. There is still a slight noise as we need to make sure the doors actually close and not rest on the latch (this is purely for fire protection and also guest security).

As for the noise from above, we have added noise resisters to the bottom of any furniture that can be moved by guests. Unfortunatly we cannot prevent the guests from reorganising the room to their liking, but we can certianly make sure those below do not hear when they do so.

Thank you for the great idea, I love a good project, and especially checking off a completed project.

I know the General Managers of both the resorts listed, I know they both run great operations in their respective resorts. But whenever you are ready to give the Sebel another go, we would love to have you back.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Booked this hotel 2 months before Christmas and paid a hefty premium as the map on the web site says it's on the beach. In fact, it's across the road on Hastings St. Here are my complaints...

1. Google map on web site deceptive. It puts hotel on beach when it is not. Had I known where the resort was located i would definitely not have stayed there
2. Reception confirmed on the day and day before they reserved garden facing room. i was given a room facing a wall.
3. Reception knew when i requested the room that i believed the hotel was on the beach and did nothing to correct my misconception
4 Reception staff denied their map was wrong even though we were both looking at it together.
5 An $18.07 charge has appeared on my credit card with no explanation and i used no movies nor mini bar.
6. Excessive traffic noise and noise from other rooms amplified by atrocious acoustics in the room
7. Bathroom opens directly to kitchen and bedroom. who would design with such poor privacy.
8. Tiny double bed - uncomfortable. Expect a king size or at least a high tech comfortable bed for the price
9. The main living room light popped when the receptionist turned it on while showing us the room - and it was never replaced.

Room Tip: Best rooms would be facing internal to the garden although you will get family noise from the pool...
Thankyou Peter R,

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to also meet with you while you were at the resort. You have raised a number of issues that I believe we have already discussed, but happy to clarify for you.

Again, I apologise that we could not make your stay as comfortable as you were after.

As discussed, we do not advertise anywhere that we are located on the beach, also our maps on our website clearly have us located on the non-beach side of Hastings St. We do not have much control on websites that are managed by travel agents and where they choose to place us on their maps (while we do often send them requests to fix if something incorrect is found).

As mentioned, there are two types of rooms available, and we assign rooms according to the room type booked. The booking was one without a view, which are quite often booked as guests prefer the privacy. Had we then given you a room that looks onto another balcony (garden view), we may not have been fulfilling your booked room for a potential desire for privacy. At the time you brought to our attention that you would prefer a garden/pool-view apartment, we unfortunately had no opportunity to offer you an upgrade as they were already sold out. If we had one available we would have happily gone through the upgrade options with you.

Also, I am a little confused as to the traffic noise you experienced as your apartment was in the centre of the resort. Happy to discuss further if you are aware of the source so I can rectify.

In regards to the bathroom opening to both the bedroom and kitchen. Both doorwarys have a sunken door that goes into into the wall cavity. I am not sure if you noticed that both these doors can be closed to ensure privacy.

Our rooms all feature Queen beds, and in rooms where space allows we have King beds. Every room also has a double sized sofa bed. We souce all our beds from Sealy and are the 'Executive Plush' model.

I must apologise for the globe blowing, we have someone available 24 hours a day to rectify these situations, and I am not sure why they did not replace it. I am pleased that you recognised that our staff personally showed you to your room, a feature we are quite proud of.

Once again, I apologise that our resort did not meet your expectations. We do try our hardest to ensure every guest request is met, but at times we are completely unable to provide everything required.

Cameron (General Manager)

Been to The Sebel Noosa? Share your experiences!