“Good all round hotel ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa

You added Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   14-16 Hastings Street, Noosa, Queensland 4567, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Up to 50% off
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Noosa
“Good all round hotel ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We found this hotel to be very suitable. The staff we encountered were all very helpful, the room was very comfortable, breakfast was good, the pool area clean, reception staff very nice. Noosa is an expensive area and costs were in keeping with a higher standard hotel located in the area (we found). Next time we may try Appt located right ON the beach instead, but would be happy to stay here again. Ps Valet parking unnecessary as plenty of spaces locally.

Stayed February 2014
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Mercedes1970
Thanks so much for reviewing your recent stay here at Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa and we genuinely appreciate you sharing so many of your impressions of the resort and of the outstanding service you received.
As the hotel is ideally located, within easy walking distance to shops, restaurants and directly across the road from beautiful Noosa Main beach, when you are looking to return, please contact the resort directly so we offer you the best accommodation options (including suites and villas) for your needs.
Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and I hope you will have the opportunity to return soon.
Stephen Ferrigno

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed here Sun-fri for our mini moon. We ended up choosing to stay here as we got a great rate on a secret last minute room which seemed obvious to be the Sheraton. In comparison to the nearby apartments $210 per night seemed better value for ridiculously overpriced Noosa. It is in a great location. We just kind of wish we'd been spoilt and upgraded as it was our honeymoon and the occupancy didn't seem to be too full. We had a standard room overlooking the pool. They are great sized rooms, with a very comfy bed and good included amenities such as a coffee plunger for instance! We did have a nice stay. The staff were friendly and cocktails by the pool were great. The only downsides were that our pillows were way too soft and lumpy, which is a shame since the bed was so great. We only had the buffet breakfast once after pooling a couple days if $20 vouchers from not getting the room serviced. At a usual $35 per head I think the buffet is quite poor value. Great muesli,yoghurts etc but the hot food was a bit 'sad' looking. I think there is much better value elsewhere on Hastings. And they need to do something about those slow as toasters! Overall, we'd stay again for the pool, location and the room. Good spot to stroll to the beach and nearby restaurants.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear PetaW
Firstly congratulations on your recent marriage and I am delighted that you chose to spend this special time with us. Thank you for sharing your experiences on so many aspects of your stay and I am pleased that you found the generous size and additional appointments in your room, and the proximity to Hastings Street shops and restaurants, both convenient and relaxing.
I am sorry though that even though you loved the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed, you found the pillows not to your liking. As we do offer a variety of different pillow types on request, should you have the opportunity to return for a longer stay in the future, please mention this when you are making your reservation or on arrival, and we will be more than happy to offer you a selection of pillow to choose from.
Congratulations again - thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Noosa Resort and we’re looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again to beautiful Noosa if you are able to escape for a ‘maxi moon’.
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Just returned from a 4 night stay for a bit of relaxation. The hotel has been renovated since our last visit and looks great. The rooms are still are great size and the bed is a genuine King size not 2 single pushed together. The buffet breakfast selection has also improved. Great location within easy stroll to everything. The highlight was all the new equipment in the well appointed gym.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Holidayfixation
I’m delighted that you have returned home feeling relaxed and would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us again for your recent holiday. We have been receiving some very positive feedback from our return guests about the changes we have made since the recent renovations and I am glad that you had the opportunity to experience so many of them.
Thank you again for your lovely review and as we are planning to made some new additions to our hotel gym, I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times now and have-to say, one of my favourite hotels. Staff are amazing, pool and pool bar are incredible and rooms are comfortable and beautiful. Love Noosa and this is just perfection

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear KellieN
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and for your very positive review, both of which are truly appreciated.

I totally agree with you that we are very fortunate to be located in such a prime location and coupled with exceptional staff, sees our resort as still the only 5 star hotel in the Hastings Street vicinity.

As you are just down the road, I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you on another return stay the next time you are back up on the Sunshine Coast.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed from Friday 7 to the 10th of March. Upon arriving we had to wait for about 10 mins as there were a few people waiting to be checked in however there were three workers behind the desk. Extremely friendly staff greeting you as you walk past them. Hotel itself is amazing and so is the location. We absolutely loves our stay, thank you!

• Stayed March 2014
StephenFerrigno, General Manager at Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Porters5
Thank you for your review and your very positive words on our resort and our associates.

We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay and your compliments have already been shared with the team here so they can see first-hand how much you appreciated their wonderful service.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next taking a break on the beautiful Sunshine Coast. Many thanks again for your review, and for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Well, we have recently arrived home after another wonderful stay at the Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa, it is our fourth stay and will not be the last, there is no other place we would consider staying in Noosa - this is our second home!

After having to previously cancel our trip due to unforseen circumstances and to delay our visit (again thank you so much Stephen for being so kind to us at this time), we were so happy to be at the Sheraton and given such a warm welcome by Kate & Stephen.

The refurbishments to the Hotel are beautiful, the décor in the room was very modern and stylish, I loved the couch, it was so comfortable, and the bed was divine. The kitchen was very well equipped and loved that the Resort is still promoting the $20 voucher if you do not have a daily service. The Housekeeping staff were very friendly as usual - always a greeting or smile.

We had daily visitors to our balcony in the form of two friendly lorikeets, I am a huge bird lover, so that was one of the highlights of our stay for me!! I miss them!

Our daily breakfast at Noosa Beach House was wonderful, lovely to see the Chef from years ago is still there, his omelettes have been worth the wait, my husband told him this as well! The range of food is brilliant - something for everyone. Very hard to return to normal breakfast fare at home! The person that greeted us at the desk there every morning was so nice, sorry I didn't get her name.

In fact, all staff were great, all very friendly and professional, from Front Desk and Concierge, to Housekeeping and Maintenance, it is always the same, and apparent that they enjoy their jobs, which is great to see.

This time around we didn't stay in Noosa as 'tourists' but as future residents to the area, so a lot of our days were full of exploring the surrounding areas, so it was so nice to come back to the Sheraton after a long day and just relax within the Hotel. I look ten years younger after my stay (if only that were true!!) - but seriously you will never be disappointed with your stay here.

We are already planning our next trip back and will make sure it is soon!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ShazznDaza
Thank you for your wonderfully entertaining review and I am glad that your plans all fell into place this time to enable you to stay with us once again. It was a pleasure to read your very positive comments on our beautiful resort and I am delighted that you loved the results of our recent refurbishment and the introduction of Noosa Beach House Restaurant. Like all of our returning guests we are seeing some fantastic comments and praise for the refurbishment and all it brings to our Resort and our community.
I loved reading your review (especially about the lorikeets on your balcony) which I have already shared it with all of the team here and noticed on the site that some guests have had similar experiences with these beautiful birds and posted their photos on here.

Once again ShazznDaza, thank you for taking the time to post your review - the team here (and the lorikeets) look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Noosa Resort & Spa in the not too distant future.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed here for one night in February and it was out of peak season and I was surprised by the underwhelming experience. It was an okay experience for $199, but I would not stay here again at that price.

To summarise:
Pros- Great check in staff member in the afternoon. Very professional and friendly.
Great wine store adjacent to the resort
Big rooms
Vittoria coffee and plunger in room means you can make your own great coffee in the morning
Great 42" Philips LCD tv.

Cons- An outrageous $30 for one night of valet parking...and you have to valet park because the underground carpark is a maze- Extortion. I stay at a 5 star hotel in Cairns that only charges $15 for valet and another only $8 for self park. A total ripoff.

$6 for a can of soft drink from the mini bar!

Disorganised morning check out staff in the morning. I checked out at 6.45 am and told them I would need my car by then. I also called 10 minutes prior to checking out but no one answered the reception phone. Not very professional for a supposed 5 star resort.

The address is WRONG. The entrance is NOT on Hastings St, it is the street behind. Quite misleading and again very pathetic that a chain like 'Sheraton' has to resort to this cheap trick to attract more guests.

Finally, I was told that they would enrol me in the SPG loyalty program, and yet a month later no card has been sent to me nor email acknowledgement. I guess that means I will not be staying in another Starwood hotel or resort. Oh well, cest la vie!

In summary, there are a few other genuine 5 star resorts and hotels in Noosa and unless Sheraton fixed the problems I mentioned, I would not stay here again. Quite disappointing.

Room Tip: Try to get a Ocean View room on a high floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear fussyandhonest
Thank you for your thorough and descriptive review and for the obvious time you have taken to note both the positive and negative aspects of your recent stay.

We are grateful for your feedback – and your comments particularly in relation to the interactions you had with the front desk staff will certainly be beneficial when we commence our next round of staff training. As we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional Sheraton branded service in all departments of the hotel, the overall experience you witnessed is of a concern and for this I sincerely apologise.
In relation to the parking charge, while parking in the Hastings Street vicinity is a premium in general, for our guests staying for 7 nights or more we do offer a discounted rate for our secure, undercover parking. We also have several packages available at certain times throughout the year which can include a variety of value adds such as breakfast, spa treatments, upgrades and complimentary parking to name a few. These packages are displayed on the Sheraton branded website.
I would also like to apologise for any inconvenience you experienced when finding the hotel main entrance. For those new to the Resort, the hotel has two entrances, one on Hastings Street and the other from Noosa Parade which are both well signed and there is easy pedestrian and disabled access (via the terraced walkway) to both the beach and to the Noosa River which is adjacent to the hotel. The original decision to have the carpark entrance via Noosa Parade would have been because Hastings Street does get quite busy and congested.
With regards to your new SPG membership, I am concerned that you have not received your welcome pack yet as this usually only takes about 7 days to be processed from the States and sent to our guests. If you have the time, it would be appreciated if you could kindly contact the hotel directly so we can follow this up for you as we cannot ascertain your details in this forum.
Once again fussyandhonest, thank you for choosing to stay with us and while you have indicated that you may not return for a future stay, should you reconsider your decision please contact either myself or our Front Office Manager directly and we will ensure that your next stay is a truly memorable one.