“GREAT FOR FAMILIES” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Noosa
Toowoomba, Australia
“GREAT FOR FAMILIES”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Beautiful modern and clean apartments, enjoyed the quiet location, perfect for families who want to get away for a few days. The staff were friendly, we ordered room service and the meals were good particularly enjoyed the pizzas!

To make your stay more enjoyable there are probably 3 main points you should be aware of before staying at the RACV, (because I had read other reviews it didn’t bother me when I experience it for myself). 1. Parking is not allocated so if you don't get in early then you may miss out on parking in a spot close to your apartment (there is undercover parking provided under the main reception building though). 2. The blinds in the bedrooms have gaps so if you're in need of a nice dark room to sleep well or are not fond of rising early this could be a problem. (not such a problem if you’re a family with kids that wake up at the crack of dawn!) 3. At time of booking check regarding how often room is cleaned as a few reviewers seemed to be surprised or caught out by the fact that the apartments are only cleaned once a week, (although that’s not unusual for apartment type accommodation).
Would I stay here again? Maybe for a night or two if I was traveling in a group or with family but to be honest when I’m on holidays I really look forward to my sleep and unfortunately I’m one of those people that needs nice heavy curtains on my windows….

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RACVNoosaResort, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear 1World1People,

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay - I appreciate your recommendation of RACV Noosa Resort to families. I note your feedback for further improvement with our blinds and we will continue to look to improve.

Given the variety of room types offered, we do offer great choice for both families and couples. I find that couples tend to enjoy facilities such as a pampering treatment from our world class One Spa and a more upmarket dining experience at our Arcuri restaurant. Families staying with us tend to be regular patrons at our wood-fired pizza oven, or the kids often enjoy playing in the sand in our beach area by the pool.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again.

RACV Noosa Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Noosa, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have stayed at the RACV Noosa Resort twice now. The first time with another couple in a two bedroom apartment and the second on our own in a one bedder. Both times we have enjoyed our stay. The apartments are very clean and spacious. The pool is fabulous. There is also a tennis court and you can hire rackets. We ate in the restaurant one night and the food and service were great. You can park your car conveniently next to your apartment. Inly a few minutes drive to Hastings St.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Andrew T,

Thank you very much for your review of both our 2 bedroom and 1 bedroom apartments - I am pleased you enjoyed both.

RACV Noosa Resort offers a variety of room types - Suites with seperate media room, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom self contained apartments, Villas with plunge pools or roof top spas and our soon to be released (August 2013), premium luxury Enclave villas. This makes the resort suitable for couples, families and friends wanting to share an apartment.

Thanks again and we hope you have the opportunity to visit us again for the 3rd time.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have stayed at this resort now 3 times and the quality of the one bedroom apartments is outstanding. It is central between either Noosa Waters, Sunshine Beach and Hastings Street. It has all the facilities you will need either for families with kids or couples. Bring cd's or DVD's but other than that it as everything.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool as many rooms are in the back part of the complex
Dear John W,

Thank you for your review but also for visiting us 3 times - that is terrific! I am pleased you have enjoyed your stays and look forward to welcoming you for visit number 4 in the future.

All the best.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed over the long weekend with friends and 2 toddlers in a 3 bedroom apartment. My gosh, so much room for all of us, was a great apartment with ample facilities. We ate at Arcuri on the first night and ordered from the 3 course set menu for only $36 per person. What an absolute bargain, the food was amazing. Our lovely waitress remembered me from my last stay and was very attentive. Needless to say she was went beyond in helping us with the 2 kids, providing acitivies, mini cuttlery settings at our table (very cute), additional bread to keep them going and just a general interaction - great service! The facilities and pool are are great, we managed to have a swim while the sun was shining - what winter?. The Pizzeria was also great, Dazza's bar provides great snacks and drinks for throughout the day. What a way to spend a weekend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RACVNoosaResort, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Coco7_CC,

Thanks for your review. The 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom lagoon apartments are massive which does make them perfect for friends and their toddlers to stay together. I am pleased you enjoyed dinner at our high quality yet affordable Arcuri restaurant and also wood-fired pizzas and snacks at Dazza's bar. I have a 4 and 6 year old so I know how important it is to provide some 'distraction' when dining - our staff will always work hard to entertain the kids and it was nice you recognised their efforts!

Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back to the resort again.

Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Have just spent 7nights here for our honeymoon and it was lovely but not very quiet.
We stayed in a 3brm precinct villa with the rooftop spa and the room was beautiful and spacious and very clean - however we did have a mid stay clean and the ground floor bathroom wasn't cleaned and the shower supplies weren't replenished.
The room has all the top appliances which make for a luxury stay and the welcome bottle of wine in the room for our honeymoon was a lovely and appreciated touch.
We spent time at the pool, the bar and the restaurant - all had fanstastic food and the service provided by Michael at Arcuri was exceptional, he is a great assest to your team of staff.
Our check-in and check-out were handled by Lauren (I think) and she was fantastic also.
Our villa was nice and quiet until a family with 3 kids was put next to us and all they did was run around inside and on the stairs from 6am until 10pm and the sound echos terribly through the walls, floors and stairs - I think the stairs must run through the joining villas. It really put a damper on our quiet time and I would think that a) for the normal cost of these Villas, it should be soundproof and b) if you have honeymooners, the last place to have put a family with 3 kids would be next to them!
We ordered room service one night and the food was lovely however our first order was wrong but this was quicky rectified but then the room service dishes sat outside our room for 3 days!
The buffet breakfast was nice with good variety - it has a coffee machine which you don't see often in resorts which was great & adding pineapple juice to the buffet would make it even better!
We also both used the day spa for a facial and a massage - it was bliss!
There is also a fair bit of noise from the constant golf buggies used as maintenance vehicles and they seem to park wherever they feel like, even blocking our driveway at one point even though there was an available space to the side out of the way.
All in all it was a good stay and the staff and facilities are great with the courtesy bus a great touch to get you into town and the beach etc. The resort really does have everything.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
RACVNoosaResort, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear helly1984,

Congratulations on your marriage and I am pleased you had a nice time with us on your Honeymoon. I also appreciate the time you have taken to provide feedback so we can continue to learn and improve. The Housekeeping team were disappointed with your comments and have already discussed and analysed to avoid a repeat. Although you enjoyed your Precinct villa I have noted your comments about hearing noise from the neighbours when using the stairs. I lived in a Villa for a couple of years and did not experience the same issue so I suspect it could be related to the individual villa you stayed in - we will investigate. I also have noted your thoughts about allocating couples next to families in our villas and we have already changed our room service tray pick up process to make it more efficient.

Thank you for your recognition of Lauren from front office, Michael from Food & Beverage and the Day Spa team. It is genuinely appreciated by all staff – I am lucky to work with a team that will do nearly anything for our guests.

I wish you both the best of health and all the happiness and maybe you will have the chance to celebrate your first wedding anniversary with us.

Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is our second stay at the RACV Noosa resort because it is just lovely! We always request a 2 bedroom sanctuary apartment - it is modern, spacious and well equipped. We only usually get away for 2 or 3 days at time, but I'm sure that you could stay here for longer and it would be very comfortable.

My only concern was that the buffett breakfast was not well stocked or staffed on Sunday morning. Now, here it goes - it is a Long weekend and I'm sure that the resort was close to full occupancy and management would have been aware, that with a long weekend and running a promotion on breakfasts, it was going to be busy. However, my family arrived at breakfast about mid-service and there weren't any clean glasses or plates. The sausages had run out, along with the smoked salmon... and there were people meandering around saying "They've run out!" Now, of course most of these things were rectified, but it is not the nicest of experiences. I have to say that it is great value for money. The food is fresh and the staff are friendly. Just a hiccup? I hope so!

Room Tip: Sanctuary apartments are lovely and spacious. The kitchens are well stocked for you to self cater.
Dear curlyfries76,

Thanks for review and I am pleased you enjoyed your 2nd stay with us. I also appreciate your feedback regarding Sunday morning breakfast. The opening hours of our buffet breakfast are 6.30am to 11am. Although Sunday morning was busier than we expected, unusually most of the 230 guests arrived to have breakfast at the same time. As our Chefs avoid overloading the buffet to ensure our food is always fresh, there was a wait until the buffet was replenished. We did respond the following morning increasing our staffing levels to avoid a repeat. I can assure you it was a 'hiccup' and as a return guest you have experienced our normal high standard of buffet service - thanks for your understanding.

Thanks again and we hope you get the chance to visit again.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great rooms, facilities, heated pool, high class down to earth friendly staff. Located 2 kms from beach but access to shops (1 km) and Hastings St is easy by the courtesy bus.
Our one bed unit with kitchenette had everything required for 1-2 week stay. The beach, pool, farmers and Eumundi markets, and the National Park trails give plenty to do.
The Resort is very quiet and good for kids. Arcuri the on-site restaurant has quite exceptional food at a competitive price. Thanks Michael.
It can't be all good - the couch in the room was not very comfortable, and there was no inside table.
My score 4.5

Room Tip: First floor has 16 steps, over-looking bush/pool is good
Dear boggle103,

Thank you for your feedback. It is great you enjoyed your stay and I love the way your accurately described our staff - 'down to earth and friendly'. I am proud to work with such a happy team. The team from our Arcuri restaurant (including the great Michael!) will be thrilled you enjoyed your dining experience. I am bias of course but I absolutely agree that the quality of food is as good as anywhere in Noosa (and there are so many great places to eat in Noosa) and our prices are affordable.

Thanks for the 4.5 out of 5 score - maybe next time we can get this a little higher because I am pleased to say that one of your suggestions - an inside dining table in the one bedroom apartments - has already been actioned - the new tables arrive this week.

RACV Noosa Resort

Been to RACV Noosa Resort? Share your experiences!