“Truly amazing hidden gem! Highly recommend for all!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   94 Noosa Drive, Noosa, Queensland 4567, Australia   |
Special Rate
$196 (AUD) inc b/fast
Ranked #4 of 16 hotels in Noosa
“Truly amazing hidden gem! Highly recommend for all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely amazing resort! Have travelled the world at some beautiful hotels as this one really stood out as one of the best. We travelled as part of two families with three young children in a 3 bedroom villa and there was more than enough room for us all. The villa was just stunning and so well maintained. The plunge pool was the icing on the cake! We will be back!

• Stayed January 2013
RACVNoosaResort, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear AG2013,

Thank you for such kind words and it gives the RACV Noosa Resort team such a great thrill to know that if we get everything we do right the ultimate outcome is families such as yours have a fantastic break and a great holiday – after all life is about all the fun times ! I also agree - the private plunge pools in the villas are awesome this time of year to have the convenience to walk out of your back door and have a swim.

Great that you plan to be back again – see you next time!

491 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

While my husband & I had visited Noosa on a number of occasions this time we took the 2 youngest kids aged 14 & 18 and it was an altogether different experience. We decided this time to stay away from the hustle & bustle of Hastings Street and after a bit of investigation landed on the RACV resort. (It had won a trip advisor award I think last year) and where we pleased! With 4 kids we often go for the apartment style accommodation and this one was one of the best we have enjoyed. Very contemporary look, very very clean, all the comforts and amenities. And it was very very affordable. While we ate out in Hastings Street and some very cool places in Noosaville (go to the Salsa bar pricey but funky fun & great food) we also ate in the resort restaurant after a big day out and about. The resort restaurant was fantastic, great menu and the staff where just so friendly and layback. The only 3 slight negatives would be the pool is a bit small for the size of the resort. I think they might look a kiddie pool area? Also we had a downstairs apartment and the sound of kids running about in the upstairs apartment could possibly annoy you if your not an early riser (luckily we where). Really it was just the sound of kids running about being kids, you couldn't hear adults walking about (apartment changed hands mid week) I would just suggest asking at front desk or when booking if you like absolute quiet.
Lastly I would have liked a BBQ on the patio or at the very least a BBQ area on the grounds.
At the end of the day this place gave us everything great accommodation, beautiful pool side bar, pool area (albeit too small), tennis court (girls won!) and extraordinarily helpful staff. And all of this just up the road from Hastings Street, not walking distance but ideal if you have a car.

Room Tip: Choose an upstairs apartment. We had downstairs and you could hear kids moving about
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
RACVNoosaResort, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear AustraliaFeliz,

Thank you for your review. It was nice to read that you took the kids along with you to Noosa this time and selected our resort for your family holiday. One of my 3 kids is 16 and I wonder how many family trips I have left where she will want to come along with us! I was pleased the family enjoyed the resort and you had a great time in Noosa.

I also appreciate your suggestions for further improvement. Regarding BBQ facilities, just to let you know we have around 13 Webber Q BBQ's available for hire that we deliver, set up and plug into the gas point fitted in every apartment's terrace/balcony. I will look into how we more effectively advertise the availability of these BBQ's to all guests.

Congratulations to the girls beating the boys at tennis and I hope to see you all return again for another visit some time.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We recently stayed at the RACV Noosa Resort for two weeks over the New Year's break.

The resort is somewhat distanced from Noosa itself, but is very self contained offering most things you'll need for a stay. There is a free shuttle bus to Noosa and surrounds, but it only runs every hour and finishes in the afternoon, so you really do need a car if you are staying and want to get around the area. It's $10 in a taxi if you are heading into Hastings St for dinner at night.

We had ourselves and our 11 year old son staying in a two room apartment. The rooms are very spacious with lots and lots of room, great kitchen, living space, bedrooms etc. There was also an outdoor area and setting for alfresco dining, and additionally a strange rooftop area accessed via a spiral staircase. The rooftop contains, well ... nothing actually. Not even a chair. I suppose you could lay on the concrete if you wanted a tan!

The room itself did have a lot of non-major things wrong with it, blown light-bulbs etc. TV channels not working, cupboard hinges etc. We left a list of things that needed fixing when we left so I hope they fix them up for the next guest.

The pool area of the resort is really great, well laid out with a beach, and the kids love it. You can even order drinks and food while out there. Bonus!

We ate a couple of nights at the resort, one night with wood-fire pizza, and another night in the casual dining, and one night in the restaurant. The food is disappointingly average, and I think (other than the pizza) comes out of the same kitchen. Fairly bland and over-cooked would be the best way to describe it. The pizza takes a long time, and again is quite average. However the beer is cold and plentiful!

Note the "free" internet is a limited byte download allowance. Our son chewed it up in the first couple of days. According to the sign on you then have to pay.

Overall it really is a great place for a family break. The facilities are good, the rooms are nice (and quite reasonable if you are an RACV member) and the staff are really fantastic and friendly. I don't think there is anything they won't do for you and go way out of their way to help.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room that doesn't have a bedroom facing east. The sun comes up early in Que...
Dear MichaelBTraveller,

Thanks for such a comprehensive review and some very useful feedback. I was delighted to read your positive comments about our accommodation, heated lagoon pool and in particular staff. I was not as thrilled with your feedback about the food and will discuss with our Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Manager. I was reviewing results from our feedback forms today that we hand out to guests at the completion of their meal and the results indicated 75% of people rated their experience as ‘excellent’, 20% ‘very good’ & 5% ‘average/poor’. Your feedback inspires the team to work even harder to receive an ‘excellent’ rating from 100% of all guests.

I am pleased you had a great family break and appreciate the praise you provided to our staff.

Thanks again.

Gold Coast QLD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed here over the Australia Day weekend 2013. Yes the cyclonic weekend! We were pretty much stuck in our unit as the weather was simply too dangerous to venture out. We had a bottom unit 2bdrm self contained. We found it to be very comfortable and spacious. (Although the couch not so much) There is not alot for kids to do but there is a lovely pool, which we didnt use due to cyclonic winds and torrential rain that ripped our brolly arpart as soon as we left the unit! The only downside was that the unit above us sounded like there was a herd of elephants jumping from the bed onto the floor for hours every night! Not during the day, only at night! Apart from the weather and the thumping, it was a lovely place and we would definately stay again. The price was great and reasonable and if we got the same deal we would go again. It is a drive to Hastings st and to the beaches which means finding parking but we did like the quietness of the location.

Room Tip: Maybe a unit at the top so no thumping. However there isnt a lift so you will need to navigate the s...
Dear GympsyGoldCoastQLD,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. You were very unlucky to experience the torrential rain during the weekend you stayed and despite that I was pleased you found the resort to be a lovely place. Typically our apartments are very good to absorb noise so I was surprised to read you heard thumping during some of the night from above - I too am curious what on earth could have been happening up above given feedback such as this is very rare.

I hope you get the chance to visit us again on a weekend with more typical Noosa sunny blue skies. I am confident your experience in Noosa and at the resort will be even better.

All the best.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

our family of 2 adults and 4 kids stayed in a 3 bedroom townhouse with a hot tub on the roof. the resort is gorgeous and clean and we were really impressed with the accommodation.

the kids swam in the pool despite the torrential rain and we loved hot tubbing in the rain too.

the staff were excellent. positive , happy people who made us feel welcome

Dear nusstafa,

Thanks for your comments and it is great that your family had a wonderful stay. After around 3 months of sunny blue skies you were very unlucky to get the rain associated with the cyclone up north. What I was impressed about is how your family did not let that get in the way of your holiday, enjoying your apartment’s private rooftop spa and our heated pool in the rain. Actually, I can recall enjoying swimming in the rain as a kid so I should not be that surprised.

I hope one day you get the chance to visit RACV Noosa Resort again – next time I will order you blue sunny skies and no rain!

All the best.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay if you have your own transport. Noosa resort is a good 30 minute walk from the beach so don't stay there if you have children and don't have your own transport. The upside is that the staff were great, especially the bar staff, the food fantastic, and the accommodation was first class. The pool, unfortunately, was a long way from the rooms we stayed in. All in all a pleasant stay, except that the beach wasn't close.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Timberl,

Thanks for your review and it was great to read you enjoyed the accommodation, food and staff.

For the benefit of others I thought I would provide some of my thoughts when you are considering if RACV Noosa Resort is the right location for you in Noosa:

We are around 2km or a 25 minute walk to Hastings Street or a 7 minute walk to the Noosa Junction shops.

We provide a free shuttle bus service to Hastings Street/Main Beach and to the Noosa Junction shops if you do not have a car or feel like walking or driving. This runs around every 2nd hour during quiet times and hourly during our busy times.

If you need a cab, it costs about $10 to Hastings Street – a guest worked out the other day that was staying with us for 5 days that they used a cab 3 times ($30) during their stay but saved $100 a night ($500 in total) than staying at a comparable property in Hastings Street.

We are receiving a large amount of return guests who enjoy visiting the beautiful Hastings Street/Main Beach but prefer being able to retreat for some peace and tranquillity at RACV Noosa Resort from the hustle and bustle of Hastings Street.

I hope this helps. Thanks again Timberl for taking the time to post your comments.

aust
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

My family, comprising two young children (aged 2 & 4) recently stayed for 5 nights at RACV Noosa Resort & can only provide full praise & commendation to this fabulous resort, & in particular the staff that are employed at the property. Customer service was absolutely outstanding, children were welcomed & staff willingly interacted & accepted their presence. The resort is Immaculately clean & our 2bedroom sanctuary apartment was filled with everything we needed & was very spacious. I cannot recommend this resort highly enough!!! Restaurant food was divine & wait staff attentive & informative. Congrats to all involved, it was a pleasure to be guests at your resort, where staff actually appeared to be enjoying their work! We will certainly be back!

• Stayed January 2013
RACVNoosaResort, Manager at RACV Noosa Resort, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear justash7,

Thank you for your kind words. I have worked in many different teams over the years and I must say that the RACV Noosa Resort team is the happiest and friendliest I have ever experienced. I am proud of them and it makes it a pleasure to come to work every day.

Staff read these reviews and will appreciate your praise and recommendation to others.

See you next time!

RACV Noosa Resort

Been to RACV Noosa Resort? Share your experiences!