“Lovely but a tad too long” 4 of 5 stars

07 5474 2665
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 67 Activities in Noosa
More attraction details
Owner description: Equathon Horse Riding Adventures offer award winning horse riding tours on the beach at Noosa North Shore, and the Sunshine Coast hinterland. Tours are managed by triple Olympian, Alex Watson and feature beautifully trained and presented Australian Stock Horses. Experience our daily riding tours on the beach or extend your stay for an overnight riding adventure. Available from one night up to six nights/seven days, tours include beautiful regional accommodation and meals at competitive prices.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Singapore, Singapore
18 attraction reviews
“Lovely but a tad too long”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely time but my husband and I felt that the ride was too long - over an hour along the beach just up and down it. Got a little boring but we enjoyed the lovely wind as we rode. It was also great fun that we each got a horse (even our kids) and we learnt how to control them ourselves. Perhaps if we got to ride in the fields or elsewhere really, not just the beach would have broken the monotony. The 2 guides, Nikki and Becky were very friendly and helpful. Their assurances helped us a lot esp in the beginning. Our horses had their own personalities which showed up during the ride which was amusing. They are truly lovely animals and it was a very special time we spent with them.

“Spectacular! Amazing! Beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Would like to say a very big thank you to the team at Equathon Horse Riding Adventues especially Beckie!! The very best horse riding experience I have ever had! Horses were beautiful and very well trained, our instructor Beckie was so helpful and encouraging! Have been on many horse riding/trail rides and felt like I was on a merry go ride because all we did was follow the leader. I would go here again in a heart beat and would suggest this place to anyone who is keen to go horse riding! LOVED IT :)

Narromine, Australia
“Excellent establishment!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Equathon and its owners Alex and Rebecca provide a very competent and professional horse riding experience in National Park surroundings, yet do it in a wonderfully relaxed and friendly way - before, during and after the ride! I was "somewhat" over their weight limit, but they selected a wonderful forward going horse (named Moose) who lead the way and had no problem giving me a very pleasurable ride (after 2 years out of the saddle). The other horse, Jewel, gave my partner (10 years out of the saddle) an exciting ride while still behaving perfectly.
Both horses had marvellous temperaments and their owners were delightful company for us, the riders. Can't recommend them more highly. If our home in Narromine, NSW wasn't 12 hours drive away, we would be regulars at Equathon!

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Best horse ride on the beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My sister and I have been to different trail rides before around Brisbane, Gold Coat and Sunshine coast but this was our first time riding on the beach together. It was the best horse ride we've had! Nikki was an excellent guide and we felt at ease chatting with her. She also gave great tips on how to have fun with our horses. Our mounts "Moose" and "Jewel" were lovely to us - we had a lovely time cantering down the beach with them and they made the whole experience feel so safe :). Definitely will be coming back regularly.

Visited October 2013
Runaway Bay, Australia
“beach ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I promised my god daughter a beach ride and thanks to equathon and Nikki we had a fantastic time they were professional friendly engaged and you felt totally at ease on the horses provided;
we did the private ride and wish to thank everyone involved and Ive already talked to friends about coming again; mel had a ride she wont forget in a while and I got to do something amazing with her. thanks Nikki.

Visited October 2013