“Great food, service & view!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 229 Restaurants in Noosa
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Gusto is located opposite the Noosa River, providing stunning views right up to the river mouth. Both indoor & outdoor seating areas, every table enjoys the view.
QLD australia
“Great food, service & view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is our second visit to Gusto and were pleasantly surprised that everything was just as good as the first time we went!
Food is consistently amazing, and something for everyone. We took our 2 kids this time, who are 11 and 13yrs and they loved the food too. There is a kids menu but our girls normally order off the adults one anyway (unfortunately they have acquired expensive taste).
I'd say the food is modern Australian, we had the share dips plate to start, followed by the Mooloolaba prawn ravioli, side of palmasen rocket salad finished off with bread and butter pudding for desert.....yes I was full!
My husband had the steak sandwich, which was spectacular. Can't fault the service, so friendly and welcoming.
Another bonus to the restaurant is its BYO, it's not the cheapest byo (around $9 per head) but still handy if you have that special bottle you like. It is fully licensed as well.
The location is great right on Gympie Terrace which looks right across to the water. Seating is outside and inside, I'd suggest outside especially if its a nice day.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
SidNoosa, Manager at Gusto, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Hi there, thanks so much for your positive review on Gusto, your kind words are very much appreciated. Just so you know for another time our Byo corkage charge is $9 per bottle and not $9 per head, which makes bringing your own special bottle quite affordable. Hope to see you and your family again soon. Many thanks for sharing your happy experience with others.

Brisbane, Australia
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We dinned on the Sunday night of the easter weekend. The service and dining experience was well worth it... Eye fillet with mushrooms was excellent and the lamb gnocchi was just amazing.

The lemon tart was a perfect balance of sour and sweet.

With such a busy night the service was great.

Thank you.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Fish and chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I like simple food cooked really well and on Sunday last week I just felt like fish and chips from the menu at Gusto. For $27.50 that's all it was except for a very small portion of tartare sauce. It would have been nice to have a small salad with my meal but I guess you have to purchase that extra if you want it, which then puts the fish and chips at a big price for what it is. The size of the meal was generous and I would suggest to the owners that they cut back on fish and add a salad to make it a complete meal. I will say that the fish and chips were cooked to perfection. Being a hot day, I would have preferred to have been inside with the air conditioning on, but with the open doors air con wasn't an option. Also the traffic noise made it really hard to hear anyone other than the person right beside you. I would try Gusto again, but in the evening only in Summer or inside with the doors shut in Winter.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Noosaville, Australia
“our noosa favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I am lucky enough to travel all over Australia for work and eat well everywhere I go. I am also lucky enough to have Gusto around the corner when I get back home. A clever seasonal menu with rotating favourites. Duck liver pate and the salmon with cous cous are among the many dishes that put a smile on my face

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane, Australia
“Consistently great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Gusto's is one of our all time favourite restaurants, it is consistently good, friendly staff, the best oysters anywhere .... They don't shuck them until you order, which makes the difference. Faves include the beetroot salad, cuttlefish salad, rack of lamb and barramundi. Always leave room for the lemon tart, a winner.
The view over Noosa river is hard to beat.
We are regulars, which is a restaurants highest accolade and it is a joy to recommend friends to Gusto's.
If you are visiting Noosa, Gusto's is a must.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere