“We loved it to the moon and back!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Gagaju Bush Camp to your Saves list
Gagaju Bush Camp
118 Johns Road | along the Noosa River, Noosa, Queensland 4565, Australia   |
Ranked #105 of 132 Specialty Lodging in Noosa
“We loved it to the moon and back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We had an amazing stay at the gagaju bush camp, we were supposed to stay 3 nights but we wanted to stay one more night just because it's such a great experience! The people are great, the place is fun because it's not something you do everyday and you make wonderful friends! This is something we'll never forget, and so far it's the best thing we've done. I will recommend this everyday!

• Stayed February 2014
Gagaju C, Staff at Gagaju Bush Camp, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Hi Zandra!
Thanks for your feedback! We love to hear when our guests have had a great time here at Gagaju Bush Camp! Make sure you come back and visit us soon!

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Whitby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

camp gagaju is exactly what I expected, I was informed that we would be camping which was fine, the only down side was the showers were down for a couple of days which sullied some peoples experience but not ours. the whole place had a great vibe about it, the people in my group were amazing (two of my top 3 nights in oz came here) the unguided tours were spot on, who needs a guide slowing you down? being an outdoor kid we were off like a robbers dog up the lakes looking for birds and jumping in the lake off jeti and swing! would I go back? of course I would, met some brilliant people there, had 2 mad nights and one chilled out night with my now good friends, canoed the everglades (only 2 in the world) camp gagaju is a camp so anyone expecting the ritz don't think about it, you will get dirty, you will get tired but if you enjoy a little bit of graft and play this is for you. I had so much fun so big recommendation. defo for backpackers looking to make new friends

Hi Steven.

Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I booked 3 nights in a dorm in gagaju bushcamp (I didnt even know about the canooing which most people booked there, I just needed an accomodation near noosa :) ). Unfortunately I couldn't book for the night I arrived, but when I gave them a call, the guy on the phone was reallyu nice and said I should just come by and we wuld figure it out. It worked, and I could stay 4 nights. When I saw the beds in the dorms for the first time, I was a bit shocked (its like a mix from a bed and a hammok) but in the end I found it was really comfortable to sleep in there! well, of course, a good bed is better, but this was much better than most of the bad beds in hostels i've slept in so far!
Of course, for me there was not a lot to do, since I didn't book any canooing. I still enjoyed myself there. There are free busses from the bushcamp to noosa, you can chill out at the river or go for a swim, watch a movie, read a book, talk to people, play pool or beer pong. In the evenings there was a lot of drinking. I had a good time there, got along with the staff pretty good. In the end they even let me do a little canooing trip without taking more money for it :)

Room Tip: book the dorm or bring propper camping equipment
Hi Catalina,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago for the 2day 3night canoeing trip, and had a really good time. The facilities aren't great and there are rats around, but then again it is a bush camp so you shouldn't really expect an amazing sleeping environment. The dorms that I stayed in on the first night weren't the best, but on the 2nd and 3rd we got moved to the tents and this was a lot better. The canoeing was unsupervised but they told you where to go and we had a lot of fun. The evenings where also a good laugh with everyone including the staff getting involved and socialising. Overall it was a good experience.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed at gafaju Bush camp for 3 nights and had a great experiance there. The nights were good fun as there were lots of people to play drinking games with and always had music playing witch created a good atmopshere. I also enjoyed my time there in the day as you really got a feel of what it was like in the bush in Australia as you were constantly surounded by wildlife although this did include alot of bugs to take your bug spray. The Staff were very friendly and welcoming and went well and truly out of there way to show you around and give you a positive experiance. The bus driver jesse was partical helpfull and enthusiastic. couldnt have had a better time and will come back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Gagaju Bush camp is a very underrated stop for travellers. It's cheap when you're on a budget and you'll be surrounded by fun people and great staff. We ended up staying a fourth night for $10 which is cheaper than any hostel we've come across! We were able to see some wildlife and the canoeing was a lot of fun. We went into this trip with low expectations after reading some poor reviews, and were pleasantly surprised upon arrival. The key to remember is that you are camping. So keep an open mind and enjoy your company and you'll have a great time and make great friends. There's a kitchen, bathrooms, and even a Tv area where we were able to watch the Olympics. It's a step up from camping so if you're outdoorsy and want a cheap camping trip where you don't have to buy any of the equipment then definitely schedule in a stop at Gagaju!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

If you like camping, this is the place to be!

As a backpacker, I was looking for a different experience than the typical hostel in town, and Gagaju bush camp was definitely this. The more you embrace the rural setting the more fun you will have. We had a fantastic time with the staff who organized some great scavenger hunts and spartan races as well as being shown koalas and snakes by local campers in nearby forests (not too close for the snakes don't worry).

Most nights there is some form of entertainment whether it is a shuttle to the oldest pub in Queensland, cheap dinner in town or just campfire fun at the camp.

This experience is definitely what you make of it, so embrace the change in scenery and have fun! There's plenty of it there. We ended up staying an extra night and still found it hard to leave. Will return while travelling, no question!

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Gagaju Bush Camp? Share your experiences!