“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #96 of 137 Specialty Lodging in Noosa
Bolton, Canada
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Booked through an agency and didnt know what to expect. The camp is basically a hostel, but with more. The kitchen had just been re done and they are obviously doing a lot of renovations (apparently related to a fairly recent management change) everything is looking great. The organized canoe trips are loads of fun are what you make them, my friend and I had a blast, saw some cool animals and truly enjoyed the trips- even getting caught in a downpour seemed to be an adventure.
Jesse and the crew made our stay even more amazig and are some legendary people!
We canoed, played beer pong or pool, and sat around the campfire great bush experience. If you need recovery time there is a great movie room as well.
The facilities including showers are nice- definitely newer.
Less expensive than most places in town- standard.
Thanks for a great time :)

• Stayed November 2013

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I love this place. I try and get here once or twice a year for this great bush camping spot. Open fires, on the Noosa river between two lakes and the staff are all a great crew. I love the fact that it is kept simple and not commercialized. See you again soon friends.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Broadbeach, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

this is meant to be a camping experience... so why where me and my friends told every night to keep the noise down or the police will be called??? all before 10.30pm! so when I did ring the police to tell them that a weird drunk man who called himself the (night watch man) punched me in the face because apparently we where being to loud, it took them over 24hrs to find the place.
this whole gagaju bush camp experience is a joke! me and everyone else in my group where only here because it was added to our excursions package for (free) which is a lie because you still have to pay $50 when you get here to use the camp and then $5 for a sleeping bag!
The canoeing is rubbish I've been on far better trips in the past, I feel I've wasted 3days/3nights of my east coast trip I DO NOT RECOMMEND this trip to anyone.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Gagaju C, Owner at Gagaju Bush Camp, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
This review is inaccurate and very one sided.
The 60 year old cleaner " yes 60 " asked if the noise could be turned down as there fellow backpackers were trying to sleep at which point the three young guests took it upon themselves to argue that they would not in a hostile manner.
From there the argument turned to a scuffle..."Yes 3 young men versus a 60 year old" they must feel very proud of themselves...
Since then i have warned my cleaner to not engage in arguments with guests even if it is to help the majority of guests staying with us.
I'm disgusted with the young men involved and to then have to try and justify their revenge reviews on top of this is just shocking to be honest.
You only need read the reviews before this one to see it is purely a revenge review for not getting their own way...Not very mature and i can only hope people see through these kind of reviews.
Kind regards
Gagaju BushCamp
Buderim, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I must admit, I was a little apprehensive about Gagaju Bush Camp due to the lack of an official website... My worries were completely wrong! The two guys running the camp (Andy and David, I think their names were?) were awesome, really friendly and helpful, made my group feel really welcome. The brand spanking new (flushing) toilet and hot shower block made our stay very clean and comfortable, so glad we didn't have to use the long drop toilet! The shared kitchen and living facilities were great, with a big screen TV with tons of movies, a pool table, ample room and equipment for cooking, and a nice big fire area with plenty of firewood available. Really cannot recommend this place enough!

Room Tip: There seemed to be 3 types of accommodation available: small 3 man tents, two big 4 bed tent dorms...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Charters Towers, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Just got back from the bush camp after hearing so many bad things about it. I don't know what everybody was complaining about. I thought it was great fun. Staff were friendly and camp site had good facilities. The bathroom and showers were immaculate. Didn't expect that! The trip itself was fun but I think there could have been some extra activities added as it is basically just canoeing. The dorms the first night were interesting to say the least. I didn't mind so much but a few were put off that we didn't have a proper bed. I think this is something we should be made aware of before booking. Campfire at night was a nice touch. Its good fun, the first day was quiet but the second day there was a good crowd which added to it. Just bring plenty of warm clothes and don't expect the Ritz!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Wow! Just spent an amazing w'end with the crew at Gagaju Bush Camp! Thanks guys...amazing place, amazing people! My girlfriends and I thought we'd get the wagon out, hit the tarmac and see where we would end up..Well we thought we had stumbled into another realm, the middle of nowhere & we find ourselves sitting around a campfire, sharing adventures with drink in hand, watching girls dancing with the firesticks while the boys were jammin it on the bongo's...loved it! Was a little confronting when we first arrived, drop toilets and big army tents for dorms, but Andy showed us round & got us settled and we were quiet surprised to find that altho very basic it had everything we needed. Gagaju is not the place to go if ur excpecting 4 stars and guided tours, but if ur just lookin to chill out by the fire, go for a paddle on the river & or simply laze in a hammock..it has all that! Thanks guys, best road trip adventure yet...much love Aly, Ria & Rene!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Gagaju was great! Had a blast! Six others and I decided to stay a week after just arriving and seeing what it was all about. The guys that run the place are great guys. If you are looking for something different, then this is the place to be. I met a lot of great people on my stay there. It's a must go destination. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012