“Really wish we could have stayed longer” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Save $5.00 per night
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Noosa
dublin
“Really wish we could have stayed longer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

If your passing through Noosa then this is the place to stay. I really couldn't get over how spacious the apartments were. It was nice to arrive into a place where the furniture isn't all in on top of each other. The facilities were better then the other motels we'd stayed in. Just having a small kitchen area made a huge difference.
The beds were extremely comfortable and the bathroom was a decent size. The apartment has a tv with a generous amount of stations and also comes with microwave, hair dryer, tea making facilities and has both fans and air con. They have a lovely all year round pool which is great for a quick dip to cool down.
The motel is in a great location plenty of shops, bars and restaurants within walking distance. The marina is opposite the motel which makes for a nice evening stroll.
The owner of the motel is extremely welcoming and friendly told us where the best spots in Noosa are and pointed out places to eat. Couldn't fault this place one bit absolutely loved it.
Added bonus is they do free wifi which made it all the easier skyping home :-). Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed January 2013
DarrenJackie, General Manager at Noosa Sun Motel & Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thanks for the great feedback. I was really glad that you liked the large amount of channel options. The motel has 10 cable channels including fox sports 1,2,3 and 3 movie channels. All our TV's are digital so you also have access to the 20 or so free to air channels. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Noosaville (if you're looking to stay in Noosa Heads by Main Beach/Hastings st you will need to take a short bus). Jackie & Darren were the best! We arrived and they gave us all the info we needed to get the most out of our time in Noosa. The kitchenette gave us the flexibility to get some food from the supermarket and we had breakfast on our patio every morning and after returning from the beach we would have some drinks and snacks. There is also free wifi here which was great to keep in touch with people. The bathroom was really nice and we liked having the separate living room from the bedroom...definitely lots of space. I would definitely recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for posting a review on TA regarding your stay. I'm glad you liked the newly renovated bathrooms and the free WiFi. Hope you are enjoying the rest of your tour down under and hope to see you again soon.
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

If you are looking for a great motel in Noosa look no further.
The 1 bedroom unit that we had was quite large with a table and chairs and couch in the living room/kitchen. The room was modern with a recently renovated bathroom and a great shower. Everything was well maintained and very clean.
The bed was very comfortable and the parking was under cover.
The air conditioning combined with the ceiling fans cooled the place down nicely at the end of every day.
Short walk to restaurants and shopping in Noosaville and the river view from the balcony was nice to relax and enjoy.
We also appreciated the fast free unlimited WiFi and watched a couple of movies from our home server while we were there.
I managed to leave behind my camera charger and Darren was kind enough to ring up and let me know and then on top of that took the time to post it back to us for free!
Definitely will stay here again when in Noosa.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have balconies and some water views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your great review. I'm glad you found the motel to be well maintained. We were also please to hear that you enjoyed the free unlimited wifi. I was intrigued that you were able to watch movies from your home server over the WiFi. Next time you stay I'll have to get you to explain to me how to do this. Hope to see you again soon.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This motel exceeded all my expectations. I have stayed in many motels throughout Australia and this was one was definitely one of the best I have stayed in and seemed excellent value. The room was spacious, clean and a very relaxing place to stay. The pool was lovely and the fact it was located in one corner of the grounds made it more private than in many motels. The management/staff were very friendly and knowledgeable on the area which helped us planning our time in Noosa. The facilities at the Motel were also very good including free Wifi and an excellent little laundry located at the back of the building plus good ceiling fans and air conditioning in the room. Similarly the spacious well designed car park, including undercover spaces was very convenient and meant I could park the car without concern. The only item which would have been useful in the room would have been a drying rack for clothes but apart from that I could not fault anything. I had been to Noosa previously and stayed in other accommodation but if I go again the Noosa Sun Motel will definately be my first choice of places to stay. Thanks Darren & Jackie

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your great review. I also love where the pool is located as it does give it a lovely private feel. The swimming pool is also heated so can be used all year round. All the rooms are suppose to have a clothes dryer my apologies that there was not one in your room. This has now been fixed. Hope to see you again soon.
Calabasas, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed at this motel for 5 nights in November and just loved it! It's super clean and spacious and the manager/staff are very nice and helpful. Parking is easy. There's a washer dryer in case you need to do laundry (for a fee). We had a nice river view from our patio (although the river was on the other side of a cul-de-sac). Across the street is a nice river walk/park with exercise equipment - we took a 2 mile stroll along the river and it was very pleasant! The motel is just a short walk from a bunch of great restaurants and shops. I recommend Moondoggy's for breakfast - yum! I would absolutely stay here again - I had no complaints. You are far from the main part of Noosa - Hastings Street - but it's only about 5 minutes by car.

Room Tip: All rooms have the same view, I believe. We were on the first floor - I'm sure the rooms on the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DarrenJackie, General Manager at Noosa Sun Motel & Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thanks for your comments. I also love Moondoggies they do a great breakfast and are only a short stroll away. I will pass on your positive feedback regarding the housekeeping to our staff. Thanks again.
Belfast, Northern Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Noosa Sun Motel for three nights in December. I'll start with the positive points. The accommodation is good value given that it is significantly cheaper than other places in Noosa. The location is good with restaurants and bars within comfortable walking distance. Parking spaces are provided which is helpful. The free wifi was much appreciated. The downsides are that the apartments are affected by noise from the road. We live in a rural area with little noise so I appreciate we may be a little too sensitive to traffic noise but I think it is worth pointing out. The furnishing in the rooms is basic and there was a bit of a smell in the room. We didn't raise this issue to management as we did experience the same smell in other places in QLD, possibly due to dry drains. Not so bad we couldn't stand it. Overall I think we would pay a little extra for somewhere else next time, nevertheless, we got what we paid for.

• Stayed December 2012
DarrenJackie, General Manager at Noosa Sun Motel & Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank-you for your review. I was delighted to hear that you were happy with the free wireless internet. We are proud to say that we are the only motel in Noosa that's offers free unlimited wifi. The motel is located on the Noosa tourist strip of Gympie Terrace so it does experience some road noise. The traffic dies down a lot after about 6.00 pm as it is only tourist/sight seeing traffic. On the positives though we are opp the Noosa River and within walking distance to over 30 restaurants and eateries. Thank-you for staying with us.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights over the new year. We booked the view room which had a bedroom, plus roll away bed and foldaway sofa-bed in the living area. The room was tidy and the bed was the most comfortable I've slept in. With temperatures around mid thirties, the aircon was a lifesaver. The bathroom had been remodelled and was excellent. The room had a lovely little balcony with a view across the park and river. The location is ideal for young families as it is just across the road from the river and park, a 5-10 min walk to cafes and shops,and boat hire. Actually, I highly recommend the restaurant across the road for takeaways. (A little expensive, but delicious). The swimming pool is nice too.
Darren and Jackie do a great job of making you feel welcome and seemed willing to assist in every way possible. Its hard to find anything to fault... thanks!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your great review. The beds in our view rooms are top of the line pillow top king beds. I'm glad you found them to be super comfortable. I was also glad that the air-con worked well. We have installed new A/C units in many of the rooms and have put in high powered units so they can handle the hot Queensland climate. Hope to see you again soon.

Been to Noosa Sun Motel & Holiday Apartments? Share your experiences!