“If only it was possible to give zero!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Perth, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If only it was possible to give zero!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Fellow travelers Robert and Wendy nailed it but I wanted to add to the negative comments about this place.

My wife, my son (age 5) and I "ended up" in Shamrock because the only other option for the night was an open buffet and we not very hungry. It would have been a waste so we thought a seemingly "traditional" would suit the bill. How wrong we were.

The place is not clean, shabby (and it is not meant to be). This place is stuck in time some 50 years or so back. I must stress not because it is meant to, it literally is!

The "all-so-white" interior lighting does not help the atmosphere and as we were going to experience first hand very soon, the cold lighting is a warning sign for you to turn back and leave immediately.

We waited for a while before the rude "service lady" (I don't know what to call her because she does not realize she is in the wrong line of business) approached our table. Like Wendy said, no eye contact, no interest in what you were to say, no guidance on the menu, no professionalism whatsoever A smile? What do you mean? :) The lady must have forgotten how to use those muscles in her face a long time ago.

Anyway we managed to finish our order, after repeating for so many times until they were recorded, only to be told that if we were not ordering any mains they would not serve us. This is not mentioned anywhere on the menu or otherwise. Our order was still around 40-50 bucks which is far too much for anything this place deserves but... I have responded saying " We would be more than happy to leave if that's the case." She looked at a distance her eyes blurring away as if she was trying to make sense of all the world around her, and said nothing. We left! :)

We did not know what to make of this experience. Our sentiments were towards laughter more than anger of distasteful and unprofessional treatment. It is so out of this world, maybe you should visit just to experience the tragicomic moments. Personally, I think you could find better ways of amusing yourself. Please avoid at all costs (including sleeping on an empty stomach!)...

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Derby, United Kingdom
“Shamrock Shambles”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Visiting Pemberton for a few days we decided to go to the Shamrock after seeing a very complimentary flier. How very disappointing. The place was none too clean, the service was poor, the food was awful. My steak was mostly fat, cooked medium rare not medium-well done as requested. The mixed veg were swimming in butter (I think possibly frozen veg) and the frozen chips were covered in salt. We did complain, but were basically told it was our fault as that is what we ordered! A complete waste of money and the worst meal we have ever had. My advice - avoid at all costs!

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Perth Coast
“There's a much better restaurant across the road!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The cafe was recommended to us for pizza. When we asked if they did pizza they said "no!" We then asked what take aways they provided and the lady said in a rude manner, "fish & chips". I got the distinct impression she didn't want to serve us. She could barely look us in the eye and I felt very uncomfortable, however, I ordered. The fish was dry and wasn't fresh and the chips were the frozen variety and barely cooked. The atmosphere was stoney. The pub has very good Pizza I've since been told!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere