“Another awesome long weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clover Cottage Country Retreat

Save Saved
You added Clover Cottage Country Retreat to your Saves list
Clover Cottage Country Retreat
3.5 of 5 Lodge   |   Wheatley Coast Road & Lentom Road, Pemberton, Western Australia 6258, Australia   |
Perth, Australia
“Another awesome long weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We again decided to visit our favourite long weekend place, Clover Cottage Manjimup once again made it special for us. The fireplace again came in useful no thanks to the weather but this made it such a tranquil atmosphere. The cottages were the usual top notch & the dams have trout & red fin perth. The trophy lake is a fantastic piece of water for for the Fly Fishing enthusiast. This was our 4th visit & we are busy planning our 5th right now.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Troutfishing, Owner at Clover Cottage Country Retreat, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Great to see our regular guests still enjoying the country life! We feel privileged to think other people see Clover Cottage as a special place to stay. Thank you for your comments.

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

What can I say, from the moment we arrived we had a warm welcome by Paul and Petrina and then off to the cottage to find a loaf of bread baking!! Having had the privledge of staying in some nice places here and overseas I can say my wife and I were more than impressed with Clover Cottage. The cottages were top rate and the scenery was wonderful. I am a keen fly fisherman and there were trout there but I was not up to getting them! Who cares, it was great either way. Thanks Paul and Petrina, we needed to stay more than three night, will be back!!!!

Stayed September 2013
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Firstly the owners Paul and Petrina were lovely and nothing was too much trouble for them.

The Chalets were warm and cosy and we loved stoking up the pot belly fire. I don't think we've slept so well in a long time. Days were spent fishing, walking around the farm, hanging out with the animals, reading, taking photos, and bird watching. We also did a few day trips to Mt Chudlup and Windy Harbour which were very scenic!

I had great fun fly fishing the dams and catching and releasing a few Rainbow trout as well as some Redfin. Paul told me the water was a little cold for the trout to be actively feeding so I was pleased to get a few! The dams were picture perfect early in the morning with a light mist over the valley slowly lifting as the sun rose - pure bliss and a photographers dream!

We had such a relaxing trip we've already organised another long weekend here. Do yourself a favour - switch off the mobiles, leave the computer and home and spend some quality time relaxing at Clover Cottage!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Troutfishing, Owner at Clover Cottage Country Retreat, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
We enjoy knowing that our guests are leaving our place feeling relaxed and destressed. So good you also caught a few trout!!! Look forward to seeing you back for another visit
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Clover Cottage for two nights recently and had a wonderful time. It has all the facilities needed to make it a true escape from the city. The warmth of the already lit fire, and the smell of the fresh bread in the bread maker instantly relaxed us as we walked through the door. The cottages are made from local wood and stone which complement the scene perfectly and their little gardens attract bird life. We spent a lot of time on the deck watching the blue wrens flit about. As an avid fisherman, my husband loved the trout lakes. Positioned directly in front of the cabins, it was easy for him to go and fro for regular bouts. We didn't try the trophy lake, but were able to catch 5 trout, 3 of which we kept for a delicious meal. We also canoed up the river, taking in the quiet beauty and the history of this region. All in all it was a wonderfully relaxing trip - two nights just wasn't long enough! We look forward to our next stay at Clover Cottage.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth Western Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were so relieved to find Clover Cottage not only lived up to its website description but truly surpassed it, from the moment we opened the door to find the smells of the bread baking and the welcoming fire already lit for us till we left a week later we felt safe ,comfortable and at ease
The cottage layout was a delight and we would happily take friends with us on our next visit as there is more than enough space available, although we would have to toss a coin to see which couple got the spa
Paul and Petrina were very welcoming and helpful without being intrusive at all, obviously they enjoy what they do and they do it well
I tried fly fishing for the first time on the properties trout lakes and really enjoyed it, although I think that whilst I was fishing the trout were probably the safest in Australia
Despite ,or maybe because of the wet weather we had, the walks by the river were a real adventure and we would love to try the same walk in drier weather ,this is the stuff memories are made of. We both relaxed and left our busy lifestyle at the gate, not having mobile coverage is a godsend , no one ringing you and breaking the holiday feeling
Clover Cottage has it all ,atmosphere ,fantastic facilities ,clean upmarket cottage with spa ,helpfully caring owners and the sound of the banjo frogs at night is truly magic
We thank Paul and Petrina for their assistance and we look forward to returning to Clover Cottage for another chance to recharge the batteries

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
So pleased you enjoyed the magic of our special place. Here's hoping the trout wan't be as safe next time when you throw in the line and weave your own fishing skills! It's good to know you enjoyed the benefits of the absence of mobile service. Sometimes, it can be frustrating not having mobile access, but at least you can always check your emails with the wifi in the office!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Perfect place for a relaxing holiday. The cottage was beautiful inside and out. Loved the spa, fireplace, wood furnishing and awesome view of the ponds and river from the balcony. The gardens are beautiful as well. We loved the farm animals and the wildlife. I loved floyd the golden retriever he is super cute and friendly. We went fishing and saw trout, turtles and maron. Wish we never had to leave. Will definitely go back and tell our friends to stay here too.

• Stayed August 2013
Safety Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I loved the place so much I didnt want to go home. Both my partner and I have stressful jobs and it made a refreshing change to relax without the pressure of watching the clock to be in a certain place at a certain time. I liked the fact that we could do what we wanted without having to rush around to meet a deadline. It was great to sit on the verandah and listen to the sounds of the blue wrens and the kookaburras. It felt wonderful to be able to breathe fresh country air and drink fresh rain water. I cant remember the last time I felt really relaxed and stress free. We will be definately coming back to stay. The only regret I have at staying at Clover Cottage is that after 3 days of peace and relaxation we had to leave and return to the rat race.

Room Tip: I was so comfortable with how the cottage was set out I dont really have any tips. Just that the who...