“Cockroach infested cess pit! Most disgusting accomodation I've ever encountered in the whole world!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Dawesville Caravan Park Holiday Village

You added Dawesville Caravan Park Holiday Village to your Saves list
Dawesville Caravan Park Holiday Village
2.5 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   1149 Old Coast Road, Dawesville, Mandurah, Western Australia 6211, Australia   |
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The most disgusting filthy hole I've ever stayed in and that includes backpackers accomodation all over the world!
When I opened the drawers and cupboards cockroaches scattered everywhere and they were running all over the room and over the walls! It stunk when I walked in and I held my nose ...unfortunately I had no option at the time but stay as I was working dawn to dusk in the area.
This place should be condemned by the health department!
The owner/manager (Brian) kept blaming everyone else for the problem and wouldnt consider any discount or money back. He gave me a different room the following night and because there with no time to find any other accomodation, I had to take it but it turned out to be a shocker too!
Co-workers staying there with me were also freaking out about how filthy it was and wouldnt sit on the lounge because it was so revolting.
There was also a fight going on one night with yelling and foul language.
All Brian was focused on was telling me about how great the new units were going to be when they are finished.
You've got to be joking Brian ...you're a fool ...you couldnt pay me to stay there!
ABSOLUTELY GROSS!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I should have checked trip advisor before booking this place; but unfortunately I didn't and this caravan park just ruined the holiday for my family (couple and 2 yr old) and a friend's (couple and 14 yr old).

We booked for 2 nights but left early morning of the 2nd day (didn't even try to get a refund - we just wanted out of there!). We firstly arrived to find empty beer bottles scattered around the powered camp site. Park maintenance is a worry, a large branch fell within 2 metres of where we were sleeping - this could have seriously injured my 2 year old if it fell on her! Our tent site had a permanent caravan backing it with the split system compressor right next to us. Speaking of permanents; they aren't very friendly here - it was as if we were trespassing on their property or something! So much for Christmas cheer and the festive season.

Management walked by whilst we were all having a quiet dinner and rudely interrupted us to move a tarp we had laying on the grass because it would kill the grass - HELLO, my black wolf tent has a thick PVC floor that is waterproof and non-breathable; do you want me to remove that off the grass too? Well I did first thing the next morning - and I won't be coming back.

Unless management sorts itself out and this place; visitors are better off moving onto the next park. I wish I did.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed in one of the onsite caravans for one night with two children (age 3 and 5). We travelled with two other families and had booked three vans in a row - our caravan was a short distance from the other two, rather than being next door.

The setting of the park wasn't very appealing and there was no area outside the van to sit/relax/chat - the vans were too close together. Comments, erring on crude, from the park residents also made being outside the van feel a bit uncomfortable.
The van itself was old and not very welcoming. There were utensils missing (e.g. frying pan) and the microwave was broken.

On the positive side, the camp kitchen was good, the ablutions block was fine, and the kids enjoyed the playground right next to the camp kitchen. The river was about a 10 minute walk away.

The price was cheap ($85 for a night for family of 4), but I would prefer to pay a little more to feel comfortable or at least be in a pleasant setting.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

We came to this park because it advertised disable toilets and we confirmed on the phone that they had disabled toilets. Upon arrival, in the pouring rain, we were acknowledged by a somewhat manager who seemed to want to be home more than he wanted to serve us. We asked to look at the ablutions but could not find the disabled toilets. When we asked he said there was none and I showed him the advertisement that said disabled facilities and he said there has never been disabled facilites. Perminent residents are not happy with us being there and on most nights the residents are drunk and fighting with police being called or soiling themselves all over the toilets. Lawns are unkept and ablutons were not being cleaned until I complained no one had cleaned them since I had arrived. The BBQs that are there to be used are dirty,they look like they haven't been clean for years, and the washing machines are dirty when you use them, the washing comes out dirtier than what they went in so I wonder what the $3.00 per wash is used for I'm sure its being put to good use (yeah sure)...And as for the games room the pamplets in there had cobwebs all over it and full of dust..games machines don't work? What else thje pool had algie and disgusting..tennis court needs to be cleaned theres cracks in the court, there,s leaves all over it. SO YES THIS PARK IS A HOLE, AND NEEDS TO BE PUT ON THE WORLDS MOST UNLIKELY CARAVAN PARK TO LIVE IN....we pity the people who just happen to have no where else to go when on holiday and everywhere else is booked out.
the prices are through the roof, where,s the tarriff rates come from cause you can stay in a 5 star motel for the price you pay here...shame on you.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

The toilets were old and dirty, the floors were mopped but the walls and doors had the same marks on them for the three days I was there. They could do with steam cleaning everywhere . The rubbish bins lined up outside the toilets didn't help made the place stink. The permanent residents didn't want you there ,were not happy / polite to see you in there camp. The barbecues were dirty with rusty old gas bottles, can not think of a good thing to say about it . Looks like it is old and run down waiting for a developer to buy the lot to build houses on .

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Perth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

Between our group we had 3 chalets, each costing $110+ per night. The chalets were disgusting. As you entered the chalets, the smell of urine was overpowering and the general condition of the park was terrible. The grounds are unkept, staff unhelpful and permanent residents angry at our presence. The children were playing on the playground while we cooked dinner and were told by permanent residents to keep it down and go back to their chalet. Considering the early time we felt this ridiculous. We were unable to find alternate accommodation so were stuck at the park for 2 nights. Worst place we have EVER stayed. Do not stay at this caravan park. Park did have a pool however it was very dirty and unkept.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
High Wycombe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

Like the first review, we left after about 20 mins! We paid for a powered site for our campervan, after driving through the 'park' we found the space was already taken by the permanent residents. That along with the general hideousness of the park, made us keep driving right out the exit! We didnt even care about the refund!! Don't do it!!

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandurah
Atrium Resort Mandurah
Quest Mandurah
#4 of 9 in Mandurah
3.5 of 5 stars 61 reviews
Mandurah Caravan and Tourist Park

Been to Dawesville Caravan Park Holiday Village? Share your experiences!