“well run, well set-up, well worth a visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BIG4 Beachlands Holiday Park

You added BIG4 Beachlands Holiday Park to your Saves list
BIG4 Beachlands Holiday Park
2.0 of 5 Cottage   |   10 Earnshaw Road, Busselton, Western Australia 6280, Australia   |
Special Rate
AUD90 (AUD)
UK
“well run, well set-up, well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

Obviously it is different strokes for different folks, but we just has a really good stay here.
Site was clean, cabin was spotless (well done rachel), facilities were really good, and staff were helpful. Felt everything was well run and going according to plan.
In the interest of balance, water park and playground could do with a revamp, and I would describe the site as compact as opposed to spacious.
There is a nice beach about 2 mins walk away everything else, inc centre busselton, is a short drive.
Well done to staff and mangement. Thanks for a good stay.

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

We arrived and Gav showed us to our campsite. We were informed that the pool and park was closed due to Cyclone Bianca. My wife and kids went to the beach while I unpacked the Ute and pitched the tents. Once I had finished pegging the tents down I was informed by Gav that I was not allowed to have the tents up due to the storm and that I must take them down. I took the tents down and repacked the ute. Gav offered us a chalet at no additional costs for the night. So I unpacked the ute. The next morning Gav came in and said we would not be charged any additional cost for that night, but if we would like to stay in there another night then we would have to pay for it and he would give us a good deal. I found that fare until I went to pay. We payed $132 for two nights at a tent site. So that works out to $66 per night. When I went to pay I was told that i had to pay an additional $182 for the night. I said i would be leaving. I packed up the ute again. I went back and I asked for a refund for the second night. I was told that the $132 that we paid now only went towards the first night in the chalet to recoup there loss. This is illegal! After some debating I did get a refund, but the lady took it personally and just kept arguing with me. I told her she was acting like a porkchop and to stop it. Over all I spent more time unpaking and packing the ute then playing with my family. We will not be back and this experiance will be pasted onto our friends.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Boss107, Owner at BIG4 Beachlands Holiday Park, responded to this review, January 31, 2011
I'm sorry to hear that these guests did not enjoy their stay at Beachlands. The swimming pool and water playground were closed as a duty of care to our guests due to a severe thunderstorm warning. They were opened again on Sunday as soon as we got the all clear from the weather bureau. At 4pm on Saturday the weather bureau issued a severe weather warning due to Cyclone Bianca. I went around the park informing all campers of the latest information to hand, I didn't say that they were not allowed to have tents up and that campers must take tents down - I was simply stating that there was 120km winds forecast to hit the area in an hour and because of this people should take down their annexes and consider what they'd like to do. Out of goodwill I extended an offer to these guests to either stay on their site or if they'd like to stay in a chalet (on us at no extra charge) for the night they were more than welcome to. On Sunday morning the guests were updated on weather conditions and advised that if they'd like to move back to their site there would be no additional charges to their stay for staying in the chalet for the one night, but if they'd like to stay in the chalet for another night they would be charged the extra night's tarrif.
perth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

We were placed next to the sign by the back wall over which was the main road. Cars stream along this road day and night. However, on Saturday night you are treated to hoons. On top of this we had drunken shouting / fights from 10pm until 5 am in the morning when there was a drop in the traffic for an hour then back in full swing again at 6am. Most of the camp users were sleep deprived! Clean site, crazy rules about being set upon by the owner if you went above the speed limit on the site, who would anyway it was full and I mean FULL of kids. Do not go here for a quiet time because this is for families with young kids who do not mind crying babies and kids flying about on wheels with and without helmets. Was seriously put off when handed on arrival a two page stern warning about thieving of fridges and portable items and a number of the local police station should you become a victim. Talking of money it cost $180.00 for two nights WOW!
Overall, do not go here for piece and quiet you will not get it!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Boss107, Owner at BIG4 Beachlands Holiday Park, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
I'm disappointed to learn that these guests did not enjoy their holiday at Beachlands as our motto is 'our service exceeds your expectations'. To my knowledge, these guests did not raise their concerns with our staff during their stay so I was unable to address their issues at the time. Unfortunately we cannot control the traffic on the highway - summer is the busiest time of year in Busselton. The rules to our park are minimal, most of them are associated with state legislation or are to do with safely issues. Beachlands is a very popular family holiday park, the January school holidays are our busiest time of year, booked out months in advance, so it's understandable that the park is going to be full of children having fun! All of our promotional material, including our website, informs visitors that we are a family park. The reason we include a letter from the Busselton Police (which is sent by the police to all parks in the region) in our welcome pack is so to remind guests that they should take the same safety precautions as at home - just because they are on holidays doesn't mean that thieves are. All guests are informed of the price of their stay prior to making their booking.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

The boys had a great time and Mum & Dad were able to have a relaxing holiday. Very clean amenities and staff were excellent.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Perth WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

I traveled with my extended family , which included young children, teenagers and grand parents, the park was clean and safe for the children to walk and ride their bikes around the bouncy castle was a big hit. The park facilities were clean and well located. Our luxury spa villa's were well equipped, down to the efficient split system air conditioner. Thank you for a wonderful week end. PP don't forget your soap.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Port Kennedy, Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

My husband and I have stayed in many caravan parks all over australia and this is by far the best they spoil the hole family

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

My cousin and I travelled here for two nights for a Margaret River Wine Tour which was handy as the tour bus would come directly here to pick us up.
We stayed in the "Studio Ensuite Cabin" which comprised of one queen bed and a bunk bed.

The pricing was very good and the room was very clean - dishes and cutlery were plentiful. The TV was also very large which suprised us! Unfortunately being in the country the reception wasn't great but that's expected. The DVD player also malfunctioned midway through a movie but reception was closed at the time (9:30pm). I should note there is a button you can press for someone to come but is for "emergencies only" (and I would hardly call our situation an emergency!).

Overall, it catered perfectly to our needs.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends