“Wonderful times at Abbey Beach Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abbey Beach Resort

You added Abbey Beach Resort to your Saves list
Abbey Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   595 Bussell Hwy., Busselton, Western Australia 6280, Australia   |
Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Busselton
Albany, Western Australia, Australia
“Wonderful times at Abbey Beach Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed at the Abbey beach Resort on several occasions and have always found the staff to be extremely friendly and very helpful. On our recent trip we were given a free upgrade to a beach front apartment which made our trip even extra special. The view looking out to the beach were amazing. The apartment was extremely clean and couldnt be faulted. I highly recommend the Abbey Beach Resort to anyone wanting to stay in sunny Busselton.

Room Tip: Its worth while paying a bit extra and getting a one bedroom apartment rather than a studio apartmen...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jordan P, Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for comments, it is always nice to hear from return guests who keep coming back & enjoying their experience. At Abbey Beach Resort we always strive to make sure our staff provide our guests with the best possible customer service that leaves a lasting impression, so it pleases me greatly to hear you find our staff friendly & very helpful. We also pride ourselves on the cleanliness of of our rooms as something that makes us stand out in the region.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Check-in was smooth and hassle free,the rooms are amazingly clean. The room
We had was a Studio with Spa. balcony overlooked a carpark-boring! it was very clean,we had a small kitchen,complete with fridge,kettle,toaster. Spa was a nice touch too. The beach was behind the resort which was good for our morning walks. We paid for 2 nights cost us $424
Which I think is overpriced! Would be good if they include breakfast. We probably wouldn't stay again because of the price!
Just good to try once and that's it. The resort was very quiet which was nice but resembled a Ghost Town after awhile. No liveliness and boring. Make your own fun instead. Go somewhere else if u can or better still go camping its more fun and cheaper!

• Stayed March 2013
Jordan P, Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for your comments.

I am pleased you found check in to be smooth & our rooms amazingly clean. It is areas like these that we strive to provide the best customer service, in the belief that this is what our guests are looking for.
I am sorry you felt that our rates were overpriced. I believe looking around the region our room rates to be comparable (if not better, if you book direct with us on our website) to any other Resorts in the area.

I find your comments regarding the Resort being a 'Ghost Town' slightly unjust.

Not only are we at the gateway to the Margaret River wine region, where many of our guests like to explore the many attractions that the region has to offer,we also believe the facilities we provide cater for all our guests and that many of our guests enjoy being able to relax in the quiet surrounds & indulge in the luxury of clean, well-appointed rooms hence why they book with us and not a campsite.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at Abbey Beach Resort for our 20th Anniversary.
It was fantastic, Staff that took my booking were very helpful and explained all about the hotel to me which is exactly what I needed. Checkin staff were very helpful, everything was well explained.
We even got a free upgrade to a beach-side apartment!
The meal we had for dinner in the Cafe was wonderful and the staff in their were fantastic, couldn't do enough for you. Prices were great for the meal that was served.
We had a wonderful stay that will be remembered for years to come and we are looking forward to our next stay.
Thank you Abbey Beach for treating us to a wonderful Anniversary Stay.
Belinda and Marcus x

Room Tip: Apartments Beach-side are lovely upper floors will have a view too.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jordan P, Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Guest. Thank you for your lovely comments.

I am so pleased you were able to spend your 20th Anniversary here with us & will take away memories of your stay. I have to agree that the Beachfront Apartments offer a great view over Geographe Bay.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Hotel isn't too bad very clean and tidy how ever a little out dated smells a bit and the shower had a leak so everytime we shower the bathroom floods. However fresh towels and room cleaned daily worth the money but could do with a revamp to match the description of luxury

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your comments. Where I accept we are not an ultra-modern hotel, I find the description of being ‘dated’ incorrect. Whilst we are not ‘modern’ in the sense of bright colors, we would see ourselves as more classical & regal, in appearance. As for being ‘smelly’ this is also incorrect and unsure how you come to this conclusion. We have recently undergone renovations to all our Resort kitchens & plan more renovations to our hotel throughout the Winter.
I certainly will address the issue of the leaking shower with the Head of Maintenance to make sure that this is rectified for the future. We certainly hope to welcome you again in the future so you can see first-hand the improvements made.
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

In the early evening we went to the lounge bar, I ordered a cocktail and was told that he had a couple of others to make and then he would start on mine, that wasn't a problem, I then noticed that the cocktails that he was refering to were ready & a staff member from the brasserie had come and got them and taken them back over to the couple that had ordered them, at this time instead of making my drink which I am still waiting for the bartender proceeded to serve another 3 people that had since arrived at the bar then eventually started on my drink. After finishing our drinks my partner, myself and our children walked over the Brasserie & asked if we could have a table for dinner, this was roughly around 8pm and we were told that they were at compacity and the chef's could not handle cooking for more people but we could try the cafe. We then walked down to the the cafe, we waited to be seated and at this time were asked if we had ordered a takeaway, we said no and that we would like a table, we sat down at a table and as the waiter came over to bring us water we decided that it would be easier if we got a takeaway as the kids were getting tired, the waiter then advised us that they also do room service at a charge of $8, we told him that would be a great idea and we would call back shortly. We then went back to our room, looked at the menu and called up to order our room service, to be told that room service was not available in the room we were staying in but we could get takeaway but there would be a 45 minute wait. We had to go in the car and grab the kids some mcdonalds as they could not wait any longer to eat.
I went straight to the front office and made a complaint, we paid $314 to stay one night to get such terrible service, the lady at reception told me that she would speak to her supervisor and asked me to return. On my return about 15 minutes later, she advised me that her supervisor was dealing with it and another couple had complained and the chef was told to open the kitchen, ofcourse this was no good to me and the manager did not come and speak to me but I was told to come back in the morning and they would sort it out. At 930am when we were ready to check out I went to the reception desk and was told by the duty manager that they would give me a 10% discount on my room, a mere $31.40 is all that was being offered for our weekend away being extremely disappointing, at no point did a manager actually come and speak to me, or hear my disappointment first hand. We have driven by Abbey Beach Resort many times and always wanted to come here, now that I have wasted $314 I will never be returning and I will be advising all my friends and family to steer clear.
And I still didn’t get my $31.40 refunded, thanks for nothing Abbey Beach Resort.
It is pretty clear that you got the money for the stay in advance so didn’t really care about customer service once we were there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rod_Hughes01, General Manager at Abbey Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I am disappointed to read your review, at the same time as receiving an email from you. I have addressed every issue you raised in your email and choose not to publish my detailed response here as some of what you have written are errors on your part and other points are sadly incorrect. It was clear in your email ( by the tone and comments of your email) that unless Resort Management were going to refund you more than offered you would be unhappy. We certainly value customers, however when guests expectations are beyond what it is possible to accommodate, there is little Resort Management can do to placate the situation. I am concerned that reviews such as yours that make untrue, incorrect statements are allowed to be published.
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We chanced upon the Abbey Beach when we headed south from Perth with plans to explore the Margaret River area and we were very glad we did. Having not previously booked we were told the last room available was a 2 bed suite and although there was just the 2 of us we decided to go for it. It was great, lots of space, full laundry (very important for us and we are on a 12 week round the world trip) and a beautiful balcony. The location of the hotel right on the beach is perfect and we loved walking along it each evening as the sun set.
The negatives - we found the lack of free wi fi ridiculous in the 21 century (but we are finding this a lot in WA) and even when we paid the signal was not reliable and we kept losing it. A resort of this standard should invest in this area! One pool was out of action for 2 days for maintenance but with no evidence of anything happening and reception staff knew nothing about it.
Despite the above we were so taken with the resort we stopped there on our return to Perth the following week.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, thanks for your nice comments, Its nice to hear you enjoyed the 2 bedroom apartment. They are a great size with everything you need for a few of days R & R. We are currently finalising the information to have WIFI installed throughout the Resort and this should be complete later in the year. Indeed one pool was out of action for a couple of days due to pump issues, however with the indoor pool and one outdoor poll there was still plenty of available swimming along with the ocean, just off the end of the property. Comments such as yours contain valuable information and insights for future guests and help us strive to continue improving our customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back to Abbey Beach Resort in the future.
Algarvia, Portugal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this resort for 3 nights , the building is of cheap manufactured style so noise is received from all directions , above , below and in the corridors , if you are not a deep sleeper you will have a problem,
The one bedroom apartment we stayed in was outdated and equipped with poor standard and old fittings
The rooms are clean but really only average motel quality
During our stay there was tremendous noise from either a fan or industrial device starting up every 30 minutes from 11pm right through the night not easy to sleep

My wife advised on check out but half hearted apology given

If you are used to Meriton / crest / style quality apartments give this a miss

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Reviewer, I am disappointed to read your comments. Firstly I must comment that the building is not cheap manufactured style, unless you are suggesting brick and mortor, along with tilt slab construction is as you comment? Again your comment relating to outdated and poor quality fittings are sadly incorrect. Our Housekeeping staff do a tremendous job and overwhelmingly we receive fantastic comments relating to the cleanliness of the Resort and accommodation, so I am unclear as to what your comments refer to, however do note that during your stay you never contacted reception, or housekeeping to sort out any issues or problems? I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us, perhaps you perception of what we can and do offer is different to what we actually do and can offer. I am concerned however that reviews such as yours that make untrue, incorrect statements are allowed to be published.

Been to Abbey Beach Resort? Share your experiences!