“Great Stay. Excellent staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Broadwater Beach Resort Busselton

You added Broadwater Beach Resort Busselton to your Saves list
Broadwater Beach Resort Busselton
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1 Holgate Road | Corner Bussell Hwy & Holgate Rd, Busselton, Western Australia 6280, Australia   |
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Busselton
Perth, Australia
“Great Stay. Excellent staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very good location. The room very good, heaps of space just a little tired but good value. There was a problem with our booking but the staff sorted it out promptly. Bar and restaurant where good again with excellent staff. Would certainly stay there again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BUSSRESORTMANAGER, General Manager at Broadwater Beach Resort Busselton, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear HFP_13

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with positive feedback of your recent stay and we certainly appreciate that you enjoyed your time with us and your willingness to return.

I am very pleased to see that the staff have assisted you with an issue regarding your booking and that your dealings with all of the Team throughout the Resort was noted as being pleasant.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Tracy Low - Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I booked this Resort as a family member who had stayed there a couple times suggested it to me and it was the cheapest offer i could find at the time. You definately get what you pay for. I stayed in a one bedroom apartment looking out to the pool on the ground floor. I was hoping to get away and be able to relax and feel like i was somewhere more special than my own bedroom.The room was horribly outdated and old looking, the TV channels were a joke and the reception was not great so it was not enjoyable to even sit and watch TV. The resort provided broadband does not work in the rooms and I could not get coverage on my phone either (Vodafone) so had no internet access whilst there. Staying on the ground floor means you get the noise from the above room, I could them going toilet and using the shower. The size was adequete and we had an awesome double size spa bath, which was about the only perk to the room. I stayed there with my 4yr old and 1yr old and had the worst possible night ever!! As it was winter i had the heater turned up to keep both the room and lounge warm but the super old unit was above the bed and made the air very very dry which would cse the 3 of us to have coughing fits and get sore, dry throats so i would get up to turn the heater down but then we would wake up cold. My kids woke up every hour coughing or crying for the first half of the night then every couple hours for the rest of it. I was suppose to stay a second night but rung reception (who were great, friendly and awesome to deal with) as soon as possible and had my second night refunded and checked-out. I would definately never return to this resort, worst experience ever!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BUSSRESORTMANAGER, General Manager at Broadwater Beach Resort Busselton, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Ash P

Thank you for your comments and feedback and I am personally very disappointed to hear that you have decided that you won't return to the resort.

I am surprised to hear that you had limited tv channels and tv reception as we do have the full digital television access, plus we have several foxtel channels available also. We certainly could have had someone check your tv if you experienced problems with the reception to ensure that this was in good working order.

We have internet access available currently from Reception and are looking into options of providing this in our guest rooms also. Unfortunately Vodafone does not have good network in many areas, the other providers such as Telstra and Optus however have a very good coverage.

I am sorry to hear that your children had such a difficult time sleeping with the heater turned on, it is extremely cold down here over these winter months and the heater being on is required. I can tell you that as part of our upgrades, as we replace old heating units we are relocating them to the living area where they will be able to warm the bedroom also.

If you do decide to return, feel free to contact me directly and I will assist you with your booking and a discounted offer.

Bunbury, Western Australia, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have stayed there on at least two occasions. The purpose of the stays were to get away from home and familiar people and just relax for 24hrs. Previous stay was good, last one not so good.

The Good:
Staff are awesome, really friendly and happy to deal with.
Spa in room was small but I enjoyed it.
Food and drinks are really good in the restaurant.

The Bad:
No TV channel guide in room to tell you what you were watching, and the Foxtel offering is a joke.
The outdoor areas of the resort rooms ideally need some sort of roof covering, couldn't use the area because of the weather and the fact there was no shelter.
The breakfast pack I got for the next morning had three items that were six months out of date (though the good thing was I was not charged for it).

My trips away are two to three times a year for this purpose and so I enjoyed it but have reservations about staying there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mark J
Thank you for providing us with feedback of your recent visit and we are pleased to hear of the positive comments relating to our Team and the Restaurant facilities.

I apologise that you recieved breakfast items that had gone past the best before date and following your comments we have done a full stock clearance to ensure this does not happen again. We do only offer limited Foxtel channels as we don't have the full subscription, I will look to note this on our website and information so as to not disappoint our guests on arrival.

You also make a valid point regarding the bbq areas and there not being any cover for rainy weather and this may be something we can look at in the future as part of our facility upgrades.

Once again, thank you for your feedback as this helps us to improve on our service and standards.

Naracoorte, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Had a couple of days to spare before returning to Adelaide so my husband and I thought we would have a look at the area around Busselton. Have stayed at a nearby resort before so thought we would give this "resort" a try.
I can only say it was probably a resort in the 1980's but it isn't anymore.
The room was very clean but it did smell very musty. The bathroom is dated with a shower and shower curtain over the bath and mould on the ceiling.
A big room and a comfy bed.
Staff were fine.
Didn't use the pool as it was winter.
Close to the beach and to a restaurant which is why we booked here.(The restaurant is quite good)
There are other places to stay for a few extra dollars but I think I will pay the extra and stay elsewhere if we ever go back to Busselton

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear K G
Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to provide us with feedback of your recent visit to Broadwater. We hope to be addressing the issues you have raised in our refurbishment program this year and next year.

I am glad that you found the room to be clean and comfortable otherwise, and we find that many guests still opt to use the swimming pool in winter as we have an indoor heated pool.

We hope to welcome you back if you return to Busselton in the future so you can experience some of the changes first hand.

Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We booked into the Broadwater Resort on the weekend for 3 nights as my husband was doing the Busselton Ironman. We had read the reviews of the resort (which weren't that good) so we were a little apprehensive upon arriving. We were however pleasantly surprised with the 1 bedroom studio apartment. The kitchen had everything we wanted (gas hob, microwave, toaster, kettle, cutlery/crockery, electric frypan). There was a large flatscreen tv with free to air and pay tv. The furniture is somewhat dated but is clean. The gardens were quite nice and there was a lovely BBQ area next to the indoor and outdoor pool area. We decided to go into the indoor heated pool - BIG TIP, its not that heated and too cold to swim in during Winter. The spa is slightly warmer though. Our first night at the Broadwater was ok as it was a Thursday and not fully booked. We were however woken before 6am by our neighbours (the walls are paper thin & we could hear them talking). The fun began when we had a group of young guests book into the room above us. We were sat watching tv on the Friday evening & we couldn't hear our tv over the noise from above. It sounded like they were moving every bit of furniture in the room. We could hear every footstep, every chair moved, their conversations and we could even hear them going to the toilet. The noise woke up our 17mth old toddler who then wouldn't go back to sleep due to the noise. We complained to management at 10pm and they spoke to the group and asked them to be quiet (which we were grateful for) however the noise continued until 1.30am when they finally went to bed. I really don't think that the group upstairs were being particularly overly noisy, I just think that the sound proofing of the rooms is poor and if you are in a downstairs room, you hear every sound that they make upstairs. So my poor husband had to do the Ironman (1.9km swim, 91.1km bike ride & 21.1km run) on approximately 2hrs sleep. My toddler eventually went back to sleep at 1.30am! We were again woken up by the voices of our early rising next door neighbours. As we had barely had any sleep during our 2 nights at the Broadwater, we decided to go home early and cut our losses and not stay the 3rd night. We wouldn't stay at the Broadwater again purely because of the paper thin walls and the noise. We are already looking for alternative accommodation for the Ironman next year. I would however like to mention that the staff on the reception were very friendly and helpful but unfortunately there was nothing they could do about the noise through the rooms. Such a shame as the resort did have potential to be a great holiday destination. We often camp in tents in caravan parks & it is much quieter in a tent than at the Broadwater!

Room Tip: Request an upstairs room as they would be much quieter. Bottom rooms or rooms with common walls are...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
busselton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Just to let everyone know, the bar and restaurant are a completely different entity to the Broadwater resort and have nothing to do with it so no kudos from food or beverage experiences should be directed at the Broadwater resort..

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Albany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Overpriced and needs major renovations. Ducks etc pooing in pool. Bed was comfortable but modern better accommodation available all around at same price. BBQ area was good and access to beach and bike paths good as well.

• Stayed March 2013
BUSSRESORTMANAGER, General Manager at Broadwater Beach Resort Busselton, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear petenandlin,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Broadwater, and I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the level of accommodation. We do have a refurbishment plan currently under review for the Resort and this will be looking at updating of certain items in the guest rooms.

The ducks found around the south west area are unfortunately an uncontrollable part of nature. We do our best to discourage them from our pool areas and have in place regular cleaning and testing of the pool water by both the city council and our own staff. We have been looking at options with the Busselton council in how we might relocate the ducks to other area.

We appreciate your positive comments with regards to the bike path and beach access, and also our guest bbq facilities.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Tracy Low - Resort Manager

Been to Broadwater Beach Resort Busselton? Share your experiences!