“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Tel 61 8 9754 7618
Perth, Australia
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

If you want authentic Thai food then look no further. The food and service is excellent. I could never have imagined that you could get such a great Thai dining in Busselton I have been to Thailand many times and would rate the food at Thai Lemongrass up there with best Thai food I've ever had.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Canberra
“Real Thai Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We picked up the takeaway menu from Cocos and noted the nicely decorated room and non-Thai serving staff dressed in lovely Thai silk sarongs, but looking at the descriptions of some of the dishes, and the missing standard items we look for, we had some doubts as to their claim of "Authentic Thai Cuisine". We drove past Thai Lemongrass on the way to Dunsborough and called in on the way back to pick up a menu.

The restaurant is in an old service station, next to Dominos pizza and is mostly a large open kitchen with 4-5 small tables in a plain area for those that want to eat in rather than take away, so not the place for a night out like Cocos would be. The people are all Thais and full of smiles when we ordered some of the dishes "Thai pet pet", the food was ready in about 15 minutes on a quiet Sunday night.

We ordered (take away) some of our favourites (all off the "Specials" page), chicken larb, jungle curry (seafood this time), som tam thai and a fish choo-chee. We ordered the larb "Thai-spicy" and it was, authentically flavoured and delicious, the chicken more coarsely cut than is common, but nicely presented. The jungle curry is only offered "hot" and it was as good as any we have had in Australia, probably too spicy for many people though. In deference to the others eating with us we ordered the som tam mild, but it was still a good effort for a dish not always offered in Aus Thai restaurants. The cho chee fish was nicely flavoured and mild, not all coconut milk and nothing else.

There are a lot of other dishes on the menu for those used to Westernised Thai/Chinese food, but anyone who really knows Thai food would know to mostly avoid those and go straight to the "specials" on the last page.

I'd be very happy to have this as my local Thai take-away.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Western Australia
“Authentic Thai Feast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We noticed a small Thai restaurant as we drove by towards our B&B on Bussell Highway. We went for takeaway food for dinner that night and we were pleasantly surprised that the restaurant was run by Thais. The food was delicious and had an authentic taste. We liked the abundant of vegetables that came with every order of a dish. The Tom Yum soup was delicious and the Green Curry had just enough creaminess and spices in it. The pineapple fried rice was the yummiest! Pricing is reasonable and portions were good. Service is good and fast. Definitely a place to dine in or take away when visiting Busselton!

Visited August 2012
Gold Coast Qld
“Very busy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

they told me to wait for 25 mins I came back and still had to wait.I find what they call Thai in WA is mostly Chinese.Sweet and sour .beef chicken and lamb is not Thai also Chicken with cashew nuts is not Thai.prices are not cheap here .I gues it's cos they have to bring the supplies in or maybe it's the carbon tax.haha food was ok big serve ate it for 2 nights.tasty.It was across from the place I stayed so suited me.

Visited August 2012
Perth, Australia
“Magnificent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

If you haven't tried Thai Lemongrass, then you don't know what you're missing! The food is so authentic and fresh, made exactly the way you like it! The staff are great and the prices are spot on! I've eaten ALOT of Thai food and this is by far the BEST thai around, without exception. I recommend this place to everyone and I haven't had anyone disagree with me yet!

• Visited June 2012