Being the Easter weekend it was never going to be easy nor cheap to find accommodation in South-West of Western Australia, but we got lucky with this one. Below are my pros and cons:
* Close by to shops and restaurants, pretty much walking distance, the hotel is situated in the middle of the Busselton CBD so to speak.
* The room we had an upstairs and downstairs area which were fairly well equipped. Downstairs had a full kitchen with stove, oven, microwave, fridge, utensils, cooking pots and pans, plates, bowls, glasses, mugs, toaster and kettle. Ideal for us because we did not want to eat out, so we bought our own supplies from the supermarket nearby and cooked our own meals.
* There is a decent sized dining table and also downstairs we had a sofa bed and small lounge table.
* Upstairs there was a large wardrobe, queen size bed which was reasonably comfortable and also pillows and blankets. There is also a nice balcony :)
* The bathroom and toilet was all in one, the shower itself was quite big and we had no issue with water pressure or hot water.
* Parking was no problem, there is a massive carpark right next door, which we thought was not part of the hotel but was surprised to know it was.
* There is a pool and BBQ area, we didnt use these since it was a bit chilli.
* Either the guests next door were loud or the walls were thin, either way when they were downstairs talking we heard them all night, no problems however when we were upstairs, but that can mean they never spoke when they were upstairs.
* The toilet in the bathroom is in a very awkward position, for such a large shower area they could of done a better job or put the toilet downstairs.
* Parking did not seem all that secure, so dont leave your valuables in the car.
* The sofa bed is uncomfortable and with the thin walls it can be a bad nights sleep if you slept on it.
* Although they have kitchenware bring some of your own stuff or buy stuff down there.
* There is no restaurant, just a bar, if thats your thing then this is a pro because they have sports on which you can catch up on.
* Dont expect to sit back and watch TV, the small TV was upstairs in the bedroom, suited us because we didnt really want to watch TV.
Its good value, although dont be misled by the name, its a nice central area to stay, its basic and it suits travelers who want to stay long term and make their own way with food etc. I wouldnt mind staying there, but not if I want to be pampered.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Royal Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.