“Surprising good dining experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Stilts
Holgate Street, Busselton, Western Australia 6280, Australia
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Stilts is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 74 Restaurants in Busselton
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Perth, Australia
“Surprising good dining experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Disappointed with our favourite eatery in town, we decided to give Stilts a try and were surprised by its good food and friendly service. Dining ambience was pleasant and comfortable. Prices were reasonable too. Will be back.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London
“Fantastic Meals, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Myself and my sister in law were only in Busselton for 8 days visiting my aunt but we went here on 4 occasions for lunch because the food was so good. On each visit, I had the fish of the day - all the food was expertly and freshly cooked and absolutely delicious. Little touches like gluten free garlic bread (I am gluten intolerant) were particularly amazing and I cannot over-state how helpful and friendly the staff were - nothing was too much trouble, particularly as my aunt is elderly and unwell and we had to make a few requests regarding her food. The wines we tried were all great too and the relaxed ambience and wonderful view of the sea just added to the overall fantastic feel of the place - I only wish there was a branch in the UK!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Port Kennedy, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

great atmosphere and yummy food - nothing was too much trouble and service was fun and friendly. Will be back next time in Busso!

Visited July 2014
“Good friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Food was well presented and tasty and good location.I had pasta dish which was at best warm. Due to limited options in town I would go back for food again.

Visited July 2014
Perth, Australia
“What we thought would be a great lunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were excited to book a table at this restaurant. It looked nice, well positioned and had a good internet review before we went there - so we were excited. We got there, after booking our table online. We probably didn't see the 'how many' of us question when we booked our table - but we turned up requesting our table..'but you booked for 2', they said...'perhaps', we said, but we are 3 - is that still ok?'..'well, we've made the table up for 2, not 3'...'mmmm', we thought, looking around at the many other tables that were available - we really didn't see this as a problem, but it seemed it was...anyway, I spied a table with 3 chairs, near a window that would suit us nicely. No one was sitting there. I asked for it. I'll have to make up the table if you really want to sit there' ...'thank you,' I said, 'that would be good', Anyway, after some discussion, we got the table we wanted...but we were made to feel like problem people from the 'get go'.
We sat down and ordered our meals. Before the meals arrived, my wife noticed the chef picking her teeth with her fingers, then moving potatoes around on my wife's plate which totally turned my wife off from eating her meal. After some persuasion from myself, she ate the steak, but left the potatoes.
Table service was poor; plates not cleared in a timely manner and staff sweeping, tidying, moving chairs around for the next sitting - very noisy!!
The food was just ok, but nothing to write home about - certainly not worth the time or money we spent there. I hope this is just an isolated incident but we have been bitterly disappointed by many WA restaurants and their very ordinary level of service. We would not dine here again.

• Visited July 2014