“Excellent value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Curry Leaf

Curry Leaf
234, Albany highway, | Cnr of Wellington Street and Albany Highway,, Albany, Western Australia 6330, Australia
+61 8 9842 1213
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 84 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: It is a new Indian restaurant in Albany, which serves traditional food with a twist in flavor.
Perth, Australia
“Excellent value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Curry Leaf lived up to the reputation it has on TA. Very good service and delicious food. Not a romantic atmosphere by any means - it's a functional restaurant 'hidden' in a motel but for a delicious value-for-money meal it takes some beating.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Perth, Australia
“Looking for great Indian food in Albany - this is pretty hard to go past.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great Indian food, reasonable prices, the service is quick....... The Curry Leaf has a whole lot going for it. You will need to book, you will need to BYO (but I don't think they even charge corkage) and you should note that they have a 15 percent surcharge on public holidays. The food is served in authentic rich sauces and sides such as Naan and Rice are reasonably priced and the portions are large. They have a good range of vegetarian dishes and the eggplant curry I had was a standout. On the night we were there they had run out of regular wine glasses so we drank our red from champagne flutes - what the heck. The waitstaff were mostly very young but keen to do the right thing. It's pretty hard to go past.

Perth
“Good India Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Good service, good food and nice atmosphere. Banquet for two provided a good selection of Indian food and was very good value for money.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Busselton, Australia
“Mouthwatering Indian "Curry Leaf"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

On arriving in Albany we went to our accommodation, dropped our things off and then went out to find “Curry Leaf”. The last time we stayed in Albany we actually stayed in this hotel and I can tell you this spectacular restaurant was not there.

Unfortunately I do not have any photos to show as I left the camera in the accommodation. Very bad move because this food was absolutely fantastic and it was so well presented. The staff were excellent and nothing was too much trouble. I know that on the next trip I will be going there more than once. We started off with a shared entrée of Tandoori Murgh, and the melt in the mouth lamb was just the best taste I have ever tasted. The chicken was also tasty, there were 6 prawns and a different sort of sausage that was not for me and I made my husband have those!

Main course I had Murgh saag which was chicken in spinach puree and I love the green of the spinach and the white of the chicken and the taste was sublime. My husband has Gosht lasooni which was also very tasty and the same melt in the mouth garlic lamb was delicious, accompanied with Saffron rice and garlic naan was a meal fit for a person taking a break. (Or a king).

Please do yourself a favour, if you like excellent Indian cuisine then this is the ONLY place to go in Albany. We were lucky enough to meet the chef and told him what delicious food he made and that we would be writing a review on Trip Adviser (keeping this restaurant as number 1). Hats off to the staff there as well they were pleasant and always had a smile. Thanks for a great meal and be assured we will be back here for this fabulous food.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great food, service is with a smile, reasonably priced and always come away stuffed! Never had a bad meal there and even the takeaways are awesome. The one and only time our meal was a little late the chef sent out some nibbles to keep us going with compliments of the house!

• Visited September 2013