“Bring a book to swap” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 89 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the "NEW" Jades @ 14 Peels Place. My name is Jade and I am the new owner of 14 Peels Place. I am a chef by trade and over many years have worked for top class restaurants, cafes and lunchbars. Combining all this knowledge and experience I am now fulfilling my dream of owning my own cafe. I welcome you to Jades@14 Peels Place to try my cuisine. My menu will be updated to please the customers, with a class cafe menu, including gluten free dishes. Sit down in the comfy cafe (open fire when cold), the alfreso ( buckets of water for your pooches) and throw rugs for you. If you are in a hurry grab a coffee and takeaway snack. We have water views over the harbour from the cafe which makes for a tranquil place to eat, relax and take your mind off the every day stresses. Newspapers are supplied for you to keep up with the daily news. We haven't forgotten the children - they can have their own desk and chair to do their colouring in, their own babycinno, child size meals giving mum and dad a break to enjoy their coffee and food. If you have a group of up to 8 people for a meeting, seminar, a family gathering, group gathering etc the ideal room is available for such an occassion. Telephone 98474224 to make a booking. If you would like catering for corporate functions, parties, weddings etc . My valued staff and I look forward to seeing you at Jades @ 14 Peels Place.
Perth WA
“Bring a book to swap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Stopped in for a very good coffee.. My friend loved the fruit toast - thick slices with passionfruit butter,

Plenty of cookbooks to browse and a shelf of pre-loved paperbacks to buy or bring one to swap.

I loved the small devotional books for sale. Written by a local, they are hand bound and beautifully finished. - works of art.

Visited March 2012

cafecrawler
“Delicious cakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Looking for somewhere to go for a great coffee and scrumptious piece of cake - look no further,this is THE place !!!!!!! And try the milkshakes sometime as well,you won't be disappointed.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wyndham, Australia
“Intimate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Tables squeezed into the rooms of an old house, it works. Great little cafe

Visited February 2012
Albany Western Australia
“Best coffee in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Looking for a quick coffee fix after visiting Toy World with the grandchildren, I called into 14 Peels Place as it was just next door. The grandchildren were made very welcome, games, toys and there own child size table and chairs were available.
My coffee was the best I have tasted in a long while. I must check who is their supplier. I did note it said they were the only people in town offering that blend.
They also had a range of books, newspapers and a local coffee shop newspaper, Cafe Capers, to keep me busy while the children played.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth Australia
“Friendly, relaxed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Eating at 14 Peels Place goes beyond simply the fabulous fresh home cooked food - the cakes are simply the best especially when served with ice-cream!!! The staff are always friendly and happy to cater for any specific requests, even outside of the menu. There is always a relaxed holiday atmosphere and the superb views of Albany's harbour just melt away your stresses. I keep coming back for more......Well done Karin, you have got the balance absolutely right, good food, good surroundings and super staff.

• Visited December 2011