“Horrible!!! Owner doesn't belong in hospitality!!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Coffee & Tea
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Coffee & Tea
Derby, Australia
“Horrible!!! Owner doesn't belong in hospitality!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The food was average for a breakfast that you paid through the nose for!!!
The owner was so rude and disrespectful to her staff.
Her young staff member placed a drink on the side of my paper that I was reading as that was where I had ask her to put it, the owner came over and was horrified that the drink wasn't placed at the top right of me.

After pushing my paper out the way she moved the drink to where she thought it should go and yelled at the young staff member.

At the time of paying I informed the owner that I had asked her to put it there. There was no apologies to the staff member at all.

I will never go back. I work in a high customer service job and I will be letting everyone know how horrible she is!!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Apollo Bay, Australia
“RATS BAR NEXT TO BAY MERCHANTS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Just wanted a light meal, the tapas was great, atmosphere very pleasant. Service good.
Had a look in Bay Merchants same day before hand, all looked good but the woman was very unpleasant, as soon as we walked in she asked if we were there for a meal (mid afternoon) when we said no, she glared and made us feel very uncomfortable, had her manner been different we may have been relaxed enough to buy something or come back for a meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bunbury, Australia
“Owner needs to chill!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Came back here for the paper and couldn't resist a drink and sandwich! The male staff member from next door had the right attitude, however the owner and other lady staff member need to remember who is paying them! A smile and less uppity manner makes all the difference, the food speaks for itself, as does the selection of gourmet fare!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Staines, United Kingdom
“Rats Bar next to Bay Merchants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

It was a tapas bar and I didn't think I would'nt enjoy it for dinner. The food was very good and I also enjoyed the wine and atmosphere.

Visited March 2013
“My place to escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I always go to the Bay Merchant for our little moment to escape. The meals are fantastic the cakes brilliant! I love the Bleeding Hearts, the coffee and the service has always been warm and friendly.
There is a great selection of local wines and special produce you can't get anywhere else in Albany.
Thanks for a delicious experience every time.

• Visited March 2013