“Four times and no more” 3 of 5 stars
Review of sirens

sirens
The Beach Dressing Pavillon Esplanade, Williamstown, Hobsons Bay, Victoria 3016, Australia
(03) 9397 7811
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 79 Restaurants in Williamstown
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Tasmania, Australia
“Four times and no more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We first ate here in August 2011, and the meal and service were brilliant. We then stopped by for coffee and cake on a summers day, and we sat outside, this was very pleasant, however on our third visit, on a Sunday night, the waitress was hopeless, she came and stood by us and didn't say a word when we first sat down, after what seemed like and eternity she asked if we wanted drinks. The wine we wanted was not available, so we ordered another. The waitress was in dream land, and kept saying I'm not sure, I just started here when we questioned her on the menu. The meals were ok, apart from the pizza crust which was soggy and undercooked. We hoped this last visit was just a one off bad experience so we ventured back again, also on a Sunday night. The same story with the wine was told again, that they didn't have the wine that we wanted that was on the wine list, but the waitress didn't know why it was unavailable. This waitress was a little better than the last, although we had the same, I'm not sure, I just started here when we questioned her on the menu. The meals were just ok, but not up to the standard of our first visit. The manager of the restaurant hovered around our table, but never spoke to us, or enquired if everything was ok. I'm sorry to say I don't think I will ever visit here again, which is a shame as the restaurant has so much potential, and an absolutely beautiful outlook to the beach and bay.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Sadly disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Probably won't eat here again. The decor is dated, the music too loud, the food pretty average, and the service mixed good and bad. Went here to celebrate my birthday early December. We hadn't booked but turned up anyway as it was a Monday night. The place was fairly empty. We asked for a window table and the waitress was a bit rude and said they were all booked. We asked if we could move if they didn't turn up, and begrudgingly told 'ok'. Luckily a nicer waitress moved us later. Had the snapper and a pizza to eat. The doors in and out tend to let flies in, which was irritating. Not a great experience.

“Worst experience ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Sunday night dinner for 3 gone wrong, We waited 5 mins to be seated in a line of people, after that we waited 30 mins for our order to be taken only to be told they had run out of all red meat.. So after re-ordering 3 times we finally got our order in, my order came first a chorizo pizza.. But the last 2 meals took 10-15 mins to come out.. For the price the meals were ok.. No one asked to replace our drinks the entire time until we pulled someone over.. I am a waitress/bistro supervisor and I know from my experience that they was not flat out not that busy and there was no excuse from the poor service and the rude attitudes from the staff..
I will never be returning and I will be making sure I warn all people from going there.. The only good thing about sirens is the view!

“Disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We booked and dressed for Sirens restaurant but when we arrived we were told that the restaurant section was not open and we would be dining in the Bistro, which has a far more casual and noisy atmosphere, not what we were hoping for.
At the recommendation of the waitress, we ordered steak and also a glass of wine. The service was fine, the waitress very friendly and the food arrived in reasonable time. The quantity of wine, however, was the smallest we'd ever been served and the meal was bland and cold. Basically, the meal consisted of steak with a pat of butter on top, which remained in solid form, because it was not warm enough to melt, slow cooked sliced potatoes, carrots and a mix of green vegetables. The steak also had an excessive amount of fat and sinew.
Soon after our meals arrived, the waitress asked how they were. We commented that the potato was cold and she suggested we continue eating while she got us a serve of hot potato. Unfortunately, the potato took so long to arrive,we'd finished eating and found it flavourless and unappetising on its own. At the conclusion of the meal, I explained that in fact, my whole meal was cold and that the kitchen staff needed to be aware of this problem. She spoke with the manager and told us we would be recompensed for our poor meal, something which he did not follow through when we paid our bill. We could have complained but chose to put it down to a poor experience. We won't be back!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“sham meun”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

It was my mother birthday and l thought I would take her to lunch for a treat it's something we wouldn't do normally. We went in waited no welcome staff were very sour, we ordered cprisy skinned salmon ,roe , roasted potatoes, caramelised onions, spinach and confit garlic. Well what we received was far from what we ordered the only thing that was there was the salmon but far from being cprisy skinned it sat on a bed of rice muck that was to peppery with spring onions that seemed to have walked though and something that looked like streamed onions and some cherry tomatoes through on for colour?, no roast potatoes no spinach no confit garlic no caramelised onions. WHAT A FARCE. It don't stop there we also had 2 lattes which were cold and to call them a latte was a joke more like flat whites. The whole experience was a waste of money l would never never spend 70 dollars there again CHOCK ON IT

• Visited October 2013