“Aptly named.....” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 86 Restaurants in Williamstown
Cuisines: Pizza
“Aptly named.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Poor service, wait staff didn't seem interested; quality of food mixed. Only redeeming feature was a nice bottle of wine.

Visited January 2012

“Great food, poor service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Waitress was not welcoming, apart from that nothing else to fault, food was nice

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“AWFUL!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Worst experience I've had in a long time - it's called Attitudes for a reason as they have stinking rotten attitudes, the whole lot of them!!

I ordered a glass of water and a pumpkin soup as I'm a vegetarian and my friend ordered a vegetable soup. This is how it started. The glass with the water in it was absolutely filthy, the pumpkin soup reeked of ham or some kind of meat stock so I couldn't have it and my friend's soup was actually minestrone as it was filled with more pasta than veggies, which she only managed to get through half of it. When I told them I couldn't eat the soup because of the stock, they took it back and I ordered a "chargrilled vegetable baguette". Well after hearing what vegetables were in it (carrots, beans, broccoli, cauliflour, spinach, and zucchini), I told them to take out the broccoli as that was just weird but thought the rest of it might be interesting to see how it's all flavoured together. Well when it came out, I was flawed with how big the thing was and how massively cut the veggies were!! The baguette was more like a foot long sub from Subway, it couldn't get anywhere near shut because the vegetables were far too big inside it - they were more like veggies that you'd serve as part of a Sunday roast - not in a baguette!! It had absolutely no flavour, sauce or seasoning and I could barely hold it let alone, put it in my mouth!!

So you can imagine the disgusted look I got from the waitress when I sent it back and asked for just a bowl of chips instead! The chips took about 20mins to arrive, at which point I asked for a clean glass of water, to which I got rolled eyes from the waitress. The chips were also very average and tasteless.

As I left, I asked for a refund of the difference of the cost between the soup and the chips - which was $4 - and that's when it all kicked off!! Not only did the waitress refuse to give me a refund, the chef was behind her and aggressively had a go at me for daring to send back the baguette!! To the point where he was screaming at me and saying there was absolutely no reason for me to have sent it back. I tried explaining that no cafe in the world would ever serve a baguette with vegetables cut that size, but all he kept saying was the waiter told me what was in it, so I knew exactly what was coming! Yeah I knew what veggies were in it, but I didn't know they would come out in a baguette that large that they should be served with some gravy on the side!! Whatever happened to the chargrille veggies that is on the menu (ie. eggplant, capsicums, pumpkin, onion and spinach with a sprinkling of fetta or ricotta)?! I received roast vegetables!! Clearly they have absolutely no idea what is what when it comes to food.

I ended up storming out of there completely disgusted with my treatment, at which one of the waitresses tried to apologise by saying he's been in the business for too long and should be long gone by now and shouldn't treat customers like that. I still didn't get the refund in the end but I know I'll never return to a horrible dump like that ever again!! No wonder tourism is down in Australia if customers are receiving treatment like that!!

Signed,
Completely outraged!!!

• Visited June 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Good Cheap Bite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

Have dined here on several occasions. Good place to go for a cheap bite. Lunch specials from $14.00. Service needs work though. Staff need more training and meals often take a while. Chef (presumably owner) often out in service areas drinking with friends after orders are placed. No noticeable hustle or care for customers on his behalf. Reflects in staff "attitudes" - seem to merely exist.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere