“Favorite place in Williamstown” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Favorite place in Williamstown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The food was initially a little out of my comfort zone, but I’ve since realized that pretty much anything from this place is great, and I’m really trying things I wouldn’t normally get. The service is great, we’re always seated quickly (we never make bookings, just walk in); our order is taken as soon as we’re ready, and the food starts coming out shortly afterwards. I especially love their homemade complimentary bread rolls that must be put in the oven as soon as you walk in, they’re hot and fresh every time.

• Visited January 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Faultless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I can't fault Ragusa, everything about this gem of a restaurant is perfect from the casual yet welcoming and efficient service of the wait staff through the wine menu and varied options for entree, mains, deserts and sides - it is simply perfect.

The yabby risotto and morton bay bug are to die for and the sarma is heaven.

The calamari salad is light and full of flavour.

No words I share here will convince you, you must go and try it yourself and be amazed at how such humble food can become so extroadinary.

10 out of 10

• Visited February 2013
Melbourne
“Amazing Croatian food and wine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Combine the fresh food (interesting menu) with local and imported Croatian wine and you have the recipe for a great meal out.

Our waiter was attentive, friendly and helpful when it came to advising us about red wine from Hvar to accompany our chosen dishes.

The only thing to improve is the lighting. Though low ambient light is pleasant, a small candle on our table would have made a nice difference. Our corner was quite dark.

We highly recommend Ragusa.

• Visited January 2013
Melbourne
“Great Croatian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

The squid ink dumplings were fantastic and reminded me of a dish that I loved in Split. Williamstown is lucky to have such a great alternate dining option.

Sydney, Australia
“Very impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was in Williamstown for a few days to work so I checked Trip Advisor for restaurant recommendations before I left home. Ragusa was highly rated and lived up to the hype.
I was by myself and was given a good table with a view across the room to the bar. First course was bugs, great. Main was Croatian cabbage rolls, delicious.
Two courses, wine and coffee for under $80, very satisfied.

• Visited September 2012