“Factual, Fun and Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lantern Ghost Tours

Lantern Ghost Tours
Nelson Place Syme Street | Hobsons Bay Visitor Information Centre, Williamstown, Hobsons Bay, Victoria, Australia
+61 1300 390 119
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
$22*
and up
Gold Coast Ghost Walking Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Be incarcerated in a Lunatic asylum, visit an abandoned morgue or be a ghost hunter for the night. Lantern Ghost Tours run award winning tours to Australia's most haunted locations.2014 Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2013 Telstra Australia Business Awards Finalist2013 RACV Tourism Awards Finalist 2013 Melbourne Fringe Festival 2013 Midsumma FestivalAs seen on Postcards, Coxy's Big Break, Eat Play Stay, Herald Sun, The Age, Sydney Morning Herald
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Factual, Fun and Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I took my Mum on the Williamstown Ghost tour for her Birthday. Opted for the dinner and tour. I admit I was only doing the Ghost Tour for my Mum's sake as she had mentioned several times wanting to go. I was very impressed with the host Maree and her delivery. Appreciated that there were no set ups to scare us. Maree was also helpful with speaking louder and ensuring My Mum and I could hear her as we are both hearing impaired. My Mum smelt alcohol in the tower and heard sad noises. I felt nauseous at the Morgue and had to leave for some fresh air, only to feel nauseous on my return. I also saw movement in the second window of the tower, as we headed up before i was informed of others seeing activity there. All in all it was a fantastic evening, MUCH better than I had anticipated and My Mum said it was far superior to a tour she did with a different company. As soon as we got in the car to go home, My Mum stated she was ready for the next tour. I was also impressed with the communication by the company prior to the booking and post booking.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Interesting history lesson, not a ghost tour.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The tour was quite interesting and I learned a lot about melbourne and its history that I'd never even heard of before.

However, I wouldn't call it a ghost tour. It was more of a history lesson with a few ghost stories thrown in.

Our tour guide Jeremy was terrific. Very funny man.

Overall it was enjoyable.

LanternGhostTours, Owner at Lantern Ghost Tours, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your tour. We are sorry to hear you didn't feel there were enough ghost stories. We cover about 14 ghost stories on our Melbourne Tour which are personal accounts from people who live and work in Melbourne. If you would like more time to make contact with the individual spirits, we run paranormal investigations using various divination tools and paranormal investigation equipment. Our next investigation runs Saturday 20th July at the J Ward Lunatic Asylum and has a maximum group size of 15 guests.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun but fantasy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The Old Melbourne Ghost Tour seemed a nice way to get to know a bit of the history of Melbourne, and to get a nice tour of the city. It certainly delivered this and showed us some nice lane ways and buildings. However, the information about the history was obscured with not-verified tales and descriptions. This adds to the ghost experience, but made it all seem a bit... wacky.

I also had the feeling this tour would be better off with smaller groups, as it seemed to me that the big groups (15+ people) make it harder to notice any ghost activity. It was a shame we didn't see any during the tour, but the most disappointing was that some parts of the guide's story (that were brought as facts) were entirely made up.

Like other reviews, I also would have preferred to be dropped off somewhere closer to the starting point. Overall, the tour was a fun experience, but don't expect too much credibility.

Visited March 2013
Thank you for your review and glad to hear you had fun. We specialise in the quirkier side of history and although some of the stories may seem incredible, they are all thoroughly researched and based on fact. Our sources include The Argus, Chronicle, eyewitness accounts, interviews and our own paranormal investigations. If you would like more information about a particular story please email us at: enquiry@lanternghosttours.com.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lantern ghost tours, melbourne tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Very good, a little more historical than ghostly but still interesting, fun and spooky. Stick close to the tour guide!

Visited February 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your tour. We are glad to hear you had an good time.

Malolos, Philippines
3 attraction reviews
“Lantern Ghost Tours, Williamstown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Thanks for another fun night out! Our tour guide was great fun and knew all about the history of the area and had the right balance of spooky, funny and history. We visited some places I never knew existed and I did feel a "cold spot" in the old morgue, I still have the creeps. See you soon for another tour.

Visited March 2013
Thanks for joining us on a Lantern Ghost Tour. Great to hear you enjoyed your tour.