“Overpriced - would not stay here again” 2 of 5 stars

Quest Knox
137 Mountain Highway, Wantirna, Victoria 3152, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Wantirna
Sydney
“Overpriced - would not stay here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

This hotel - or should i say motel - is terribly overpriced. The on-site restaurant food prices are extreme and qualtiy poor. Whilst the rooms are extremly large, and with aircon - the bathroom's are "old style" and freezing ! (no heat lamps of air con)...the balcony off my room looked like it had not been cleaned in some time and the doors to the balcony were old and rickety. The staff were very friendly/helpful - this is the best thing about this hotel. Parking is included - but one must pay for internet !!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Canberra ACT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

It was just after Christmas and New Years when my wife & teenage son & I stayed at Quest Knox Serviced Apartments to attend a close family members' funeral the following day. We had a nice greeting from the friendly staff on deck and waited a short while while the manager attended to another client. Observing the dialogue between the two I had a nice feeling about the place. That changed when I took our luggage into the two rooms that we had booked. They were dirty. The carpet was dirty. The walls had a lot of marks and hadn't been painted in a long while. The fridge was dirty, there was plaster coming off the walls. The furniture was dirty. We stayed for two nights and weren't in the rooms much during the day so we didn't have to put up with the sub-standard surroundings for long. We pointed out the deficiences to the manager (same person ) on departure and he was very friendly and nice and said there were changes afoot and we would be contacted shortly because we had raised concerns as to the standard of the rooms. We are still waiting to be contacted. They weren't cheap either!

Room Tip: Check out the net and Trip Advisor
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Wantirna hotels

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

I had booked three 1 bedroom apartments here for my brothers wedding I a 6 month old baby and a two yeard old , when we arrived one of our rooms had been given to someone else, we were then put into a studio apartment at the rear of the complex which there was no bedding for my two year old, we then complained again and were given two apartments upstairs. We were also offered a free night for one room. After we arrived home they had charged my credit card $197 so i then had to ring them back and get a credit. it took an hour and a half to get into a room on a warm day with two young children was very disappointed.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

Stayed Feb 2011. We stayed 1 bedroom which was quite spacious, v clean tidy, modern apartments with kitchen. Absolutely enjoyed our stay here. We booked in and staff were so welcoming and helpful. Breakfast included in our room price had a lot to choose from, hot and cold breakfast, definitely worth having. Gets a lot of group bookings, wedding groups etc, so if you want absolute quiet ask for a room (as there is quite a few) to be away from groups. Was so nice to find a place like this, not far from Knox City, and Mt Dandenong. Will be returning here for sure.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Queensland, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

I was a guest at a wedding (one of two weddings that weekend). First impressions were that they need to do some serious landscaping but maybe that is just because I love gardening. The restaurant was empty that evening so the lovely staff member gave us his undivided attention, he was the best part of the place, although the food was also reasonable. The rooms were budget atmosphere but as we were booked in a wedding group we found that we were charged more than other people who booked on line separately. At least one of our group booked on line and was then charged another $50 when management realized they were with the wedding group. The extra charge was to cover the cost of the 11 seater bus to and from the wedding venue. That bus was never going to be enough for guests in 9 rooms but as we didn't have 10 rooms management then said that we would have to organize additional transport ourselves. In the end the father of the bride refrained from drinking and drove his hire van as well, however we still came to the end of the night and still needed another bus, in fact the mother and father of the groom were amongst people left at the venue for over 50 minutes whilst the motel decided that yes they would need to make a second trip. What was interesting is that there was another wedding party at the motel and they had the other bus so it left us wondering if maybe they had double booked themselves.....who knows.....all I know is that then when we got back to the motel we went to the restaurant area and were joined by the other wedding group. What amazed me was that the staff actually locked everyone inside, I mean literally locked the doors on us....isn't that a fire hazard? We were then told we weren't allowed to go to anyone's room other than our own, which made us feel like were were on school camp. I notice on another review that a guest mentioned the unusable iron. Our iron had exposed wires, one lot had clear sticky tape over it so they were clearly aware of the faulty iron. On a positive note the cleaners were polite. This motel is not in close proximity to the airport.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

My partner and I felt like having a quick, local get away NYE given that we both had to work early the next day. I chose this place based on the consistent positive reviews it had received on this site.
Overall, it was nice enough. We paid extra for the spa - a very dated, visually uninspiring sort of thing which also acted as the shower recess which I thought was a bit lazy. The iron was virtually unusable as one of the holes at the bottom of the iron leaked water and destroyed my work shirt. What really let the place down was the cleanliness - cobwebs in the bedside lamps and in the corners of the room, I had a giant black spider nearly crawl across my hand as I turned on the a/c, gunk stuck to the kitchen tiling, stained sofa cushion... But the bedding was nice and crisp. There were also flat batteries in the TV remote. The "balcony" was 2 outdoor chairs and a table outside the door.

It's a practical place to stay with the fully equipped kitchen and laundry. Not a romantic getaway...but then it never claimed to be.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

A great place to stay. Good value for money, clean, large, airy rooms with every you need. The bathroom was huge with loads of towels and toiletries. Staff were friendy, and helpful, the buffet breakfast was included and that was very good also. I would highly reccomend this hotel/apartments if you are in this area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Quest Knox? Share your experiences!