“Nice rooms but soft beds” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Punthill Knox

You added Punthill Knox to your Saves list
Punthill Knox
4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   337 Stud rd | Wantirna South, Wantirna, Victoria 3152, Australia   |
Singapore
“Nice rooms but soft beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed in this area as we were visiting relatives. The desk clerk was a bit surly but otherwise the check-in was smooth.

Our 2-bedroom apartment was actually 2 adjoining rooms with a short common alcove at the entrance. This is a great design as it allows the 2 groups of people in the different rooms to enter and leave without disturbing the other room. Also great for some privacy for parents from kids (or vice versa!) The rooms were clean and fully-equipped with utensils and appliances.

The main fault was that the beds were too soft, The centre would sink in after lying for a short while, and if you sleep on your side, your back would be curved towards 1 side.

Rooms 113 to 116 face the main road (Stud Road). So there is some traffic noise and quite a strong afternoon sun.

Parking was in the open area outside reception, the covered car park lots further in are meant for the residents. Access for the main door needs the key card after 8pm, so make sure you have it on you if going out late.

Knox City shopping centre was just across the road. Massive shopping mall with a lot of covered parking lots.

Room Tip: Rooms 113 to 116 are west-facing towards the main road (Stud Road) with traffic noise and afternoon...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Michele B, Guest Relations Manager at Punthill Knox, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear kspace,
As a Top Contributor to TripAdvisor, we thank you for taking the time to provide your review of Punthill Knox.
This apartment hotel is ideal for families as you suggested, due to its range of studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom self-contained apartments. Our guests have the ability to cook their own meals, and with the shopping centre so close by, many guests take advantage of the kitchen facilities they have in the one and two bedroom apartments.
The beds at this property are only a few years old, and have luxurious toppers on them. The majority of our guests love the comfort of these, however they can definitely be removed if requested. For your next visit, please contact the Punthill reservations team when making your booking, and then you can request for the bed toppers to be removed for your next stay.
Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Word of warning if you are paying with cash they want a $300 cash deposit on top of your room rate.they WILL NOT take an imprint of your credit card not explain properly why??
Hence an xtra trip back to bank 2get more money v v frustrating!! That said the room was spotless the shower nice and hot good bed get a quiet room at the back!! Kitchen had everything to whip up a nice bday meal for my partner. :)) good value. $165 for 1 bedrm apartmt.

• Stayed October 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed in a one-bedroom apartment for 5 nights to attend our son's wedding in the vicinity. We had about 35 friends and relations also staying at this venue. We did not hear of any complaints at all and everyone appeared to be very happy with the accommodation. All-in-all the feedback was highly positive. We found the owners/ managers to be especially friendly and efficient. The rooms were smart and clean. A neighbouring block of land, for sale, is unfortunately a bit of an eyesore but this is well-and-truly made up for in the convenient access to the very large Knox Shopping Centre, a Club across the road, etc.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Geelong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed here recently for 2 nights on a quick work trip.

The apartments are very easy to find and are located across the road from Knox shopping center. The building has three floors of rooms (top floor is residents) and is very new and modern. Entering reception, everything is modern and tidy with the reception desk and restaurant immediately as you walk through the door. Check in was hassle free. They ask you pack on check in and do not take credit card details over the phone.

I had a one bedroom apartment on the first floor. The apartment is very spacious and very modern. Upon entry is the living/dining/kitchen, with two rooms to the left, the bathroom/laundry and bedroom.

The kitchen had a microwave, fridge, dishwasher, stove, oven, sink and cupboards all full of the necessary cutlery and crockery.

The dining area was a kitchen table with four seats and a small desk to the side.

The living area had a two seater (fold out) couch, coffee table, seat side tables, 32 inch LCD tv and a sound system.

The bathroom/laundry was very large, with a toilet, shower/bath, large vanity and mirror, washer and dryer.

The bedroom has two bedside tables, a queensize bed, a smaller (maybe 23 inch) LCD tv mounted on a movable arm on the wall, and a large two door, sliding door wardbrobe with mirror doors. On the bedside tables where lamps and an alarm clock. Something I really like with hotels is when there are enough powerpoints easily accessible from the bed so I can charge phones/tablets etc whilst sleeping and still use them for an alarm, so this was good! The bed was very soft, very comfortable. The doona is however, not a doona, rather a thinner blanket between two flat sheets. But there is another blanket in the wardrobe.

On the first night, I had a problem with my electronic door card, so make sure you have the hotels number on you just in case, this was 8pm at night and I went downstairs and nobody was on reception. I called the hotel and someone appeared (perhaps a manager/resident) and fixed the flat battery in the door straight away, so no dramas, it was a really quick response.

I must say I really enjoyed my stay, and would stay again, but must mention. On the second night I awoke with a hunstman, yes a very large spider on my chest! I got out of bed, left the room and slept on the couch! This is not the hotels fault I suppose, but it highlights that the rooms are perhaps not always occupied, so spiders might help themselves. Just a warning so that if these things bother you, you might check for them before going to sleep!

But all in all, I would stay again.

$150 a night wasn't too bad considering the size, comfort and modern decor of the room. Also the location was very convenient.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

The company I work for use Punthill Knox for corporates. Often when talking to out of town employees the discussion re their accom comes up. In general they like the place but many make comment about the management being efficient but unfriendly especially the lady. I went to knox to pick up some colleagues for dinner and met the managers while I waited for my friends to come down from their rooms. The managers were friendly and chatty. In the car later I said that I found the managers friendly and not grumpy. Yes they said the managers that were there at the moment are temps and the normal managers are on holiday. They went on to say that the temps made them laugh and feel welcome,which was more than the resident managers. My reply was that maybe the managers needed a holiday and things would be better then. This week I was back at Knox to see some new workmates who were staying and guess what the managers were back and it would be fair to say....their holiday was not long enough. I sat on the couch to wait for my friends and I felt as tho i was sitting on death row. No hello,no can I help, just a glare from the lady behind the counter. In the ten mins I was there she spoke to 2 guests. The lady is abrupt/rude. Why are these people in hospitality?

Room Tip: colleagues say the rooms are great it is just the management
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
KeiranS, Public Relations Manager at Punthill Knox, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Punthill is absolutely committed to providing great customer service and we go out of our way to ensure that guests receive warm, welcome, friendly and helpful assistance.

We are so sorry that our Manager clearly failed to perform to our standards in this instance. We have addressed the issue and are constantly training and re-training staff. We certainly take this criticism extremely seriously and are determined to rectify the attitude and demeanour of this staff member.

We are grateful that the matter has been brought to our attention

Regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Conveniently located across the road from Knox City shopping centre in Melbourne's south-eastern suburbs. We have stayed on three separate occasions as we used to leave in this area so it's handy to family and friends.

Check-in is easy. Rooms are clean. There is some road noise from both Burwod Highway and Stud Road.

For me the big negative is the softness of the beds, which mean I always end up sleeping on the couch or the sofa bed. But the positives outweigh that negative.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sale, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

we stayed here on 28 may 2012 and could not be happier.
l was able to walk accross to Knox shopping centre easily, walk across the road for a meal out.
We booked the 1 bedroom apartment although we were only staying one night. The lounge, kitchen,bedroom and even the bathroom were so roomy.facing the road so had a private balcony which would be ideal for smokers or even to just sit on a nive day\ evening.
we had a king size bed and plenty of wardrobe spare and cupboards.
We were not
the kitchen had everything for a long stay including a large fridge, stove,oven and microwave.
we were made welcome at very ar ease as soon as we walked in the reception.
Our room was very quiet, not too sure if the ones facing the street would be as quiet.
very happy and would highly recommend and hope we have the chance to go back soon.

Room Tip: We had a room on the north side and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Punthill Knox? Share your experiences!