We stayed in a one bedroom apartment overlooking the gardens with the ocean visible to the right. It was peaceful and quiet... We could still hear the ocean at night without the sound of traffic that ocean view rooms must surely have as they're right in the road.
The room was nice and new... A whiff of damp in the corridor when we arrived but it was gone the next day. The shower had great pressure, and the bath nice and deep for pregnant relaxing :)
We had a night spa outside which was a hot-cold thrill!! Don't recommend jumping in the pool afterwards... Warm pockets from the days sun were deceiving... Freezing!!! The indoor lap pool smelled very chlorinated.
I treated myself to a mani and pedi and leg massage at the day spa... She did a good job but didn't seem very familiar with what essential oils to avoid in pregnancy.
Having the beach outside the hotel was great for walks. I don't think it would be fun to walk into town for dinner though, seemed far... We always got a spot in the free car park next to the hotel which was saved a parking fee in their underground car park. There's about 24 spots, we just timed it well I guess, as we preferred to eat early and be back at the hotel by about 7.
On our last morning we attended a sales session for timeshare -$200 in Coles gift cards was a good lure for us! Interesting as we didn't know anything about timeshare but keep a firm mind as they're very persuasive - offering more options if you say you can't commit to the $$$. We were a bit shocked at the prices, lucky we had a baby in the way as a good excuse!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Resort Torquay showcases some of the best beach views on Victoria’s Surf Coast.Located at the gateway to the Great Ocean Road, this beautiful resort is right opposite the beach at Zeally Bay and offers panoramic ocean views. The resort features stylish guest rooms and spacious apartments, most with patios or private balconies. Many overlook the swimming pool or the beach, delivering spectacular views.Outstanding facilities, amenities and exceptional service make this resort one of a kind. Facilities include a outdoor resort style swimming pool and spa pool, an indoor heated lap pool, barbecue area, a fully equipped gym and tennis court.The onsite restaurant, Latitude-38 overlooks Zeally Bay and serves world-class cuisine. It features a modern, stylish interior and a balcony for alfresco dining. The ground floor Sand Bar is the perfect place to relax for pre or post dinner drinks. The Day Spa at Wyndham offer a variety of relaxing treatments to make any weekend or Holiday special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Resort Torquay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Resort Torquay Hotel Torquay
- Crowne Plaza Torquay
- Wyndham Resort Torquay Victoria