We have stayed at Peppers before, but not for a few years. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. The location is good - only a 5-10 minute drive (max) from supermarkets, numerous restaurants and cafes, and the surf shops. You can easily walk to the beach. We also stayed over the long weekend and saw signage that the pool heating wasn't working - but when we went down to the fitness area, we were told the water was still around 25 degrees. Being a long weekend, it might have been difficult to source a tradesman to complete the repair? The lack of a mini bar suited us, as we usually travel with our own drinks and snacks and end up removing items from the mini bar to fit in our stash, we didn't have to here. We had breakfast on Sunday morning, but it unfortunately left a lot to be desired. I'm a huge fan of a good hot breakfast, emphasis on the word 'hot'. The bacon was stone cold, the hash browns and scrambled eggs not much better. When there were a number of dirty dishes on our table, only some would be cleared for some reason. That being said, there is a good range of breakfast food available and if it was hot, I imagine it would be quite nice. At $18 per head instead of the $30-$40 we would be charged in the city, I felt the price was reasonable. We would come back again, but maybe only if we picked up another mystery deal for a low price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the northern headland of Torquay nestled against the dunes and at the start of the world famous Great Ocean Road, Peppers The Sands Resort Torquay comprises of two interconnecting, three-level buildings looking out to spectacular views of the surrounding golf course, coastal dunes and Surf Coast, the perfect setting for a short break escape.Located just over an hour from Melbourne and 20 minutes from Geelong, Peppers the Sands Resort Torquay boasts 112 spacious rooms featuring private balconies or terraces with stunning views, tasteful furnishings and premium facilities.Surrounding Peppers The Sands Resort and moulding into the natural landscape of the Surf Coast, is The Sands 18 hole Championship golf course, designed by Stuart Appleby. Choose to do as much or as little as you please. Our signature restaurant, Hanners Restaurant and Bar is one of the region’s most desired dining destinations for locals and visitors and is a must when you stay with us. Peppers The Sands Resort is the ideal place to take an easy stroll from the resort to the sandy beaches, also leading you to Victoria’s most famous surf beach, Bells Beach. The region is also renowned for its boutique wineries, restaurants, colourful cafes, galleries, fishing, surfing and scenic tours along the coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Peppers The Sands Resort Torquay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers The Sands Resort Torquay Hotel Torquay
- Peppers The Sands Hotel
- Peppers The Sands Resort Torquay Victoria