“Exhilarating!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 19 things to do in Torquay
More attraction details
Owner description: Your flight over the beginning of the Great Ocean Road is spectacular and you can see beautiful Bells Beach and Barwon and Port Phillip Heads from the air. Enjoy the sensation of freefall for up to 40 seconds. Your parachute then opens and you are gently floating down to earth under your parachute for 5 minutes.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 172 helpful votes
“Exhilarating!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Skydiving has been on my bucket list for ages. Australian skydive is located at Tigermoth world near Torquay. We booked online before, including signing up for the APF student membership, but there was still plenty of paperwork to complete.
There was about 4 pairs of tandem jumpers per flight, and we only had to wait an hour to board. Brief safety demonstration and you are fitted into jump pants and a harness. Nowhere secure to leave valuables, we looked them in the car (and then had to leave the car key on the desk where anyone could have nabbed it. A safe/locker would have been helpful. 15 minute ride up to 15,000 ft, it was soooo nauseating, I was not expecting that! The instructor is friendly and made me feel at ease throughout, he also took lots of video, which was a welcome distraction. The jump was exhilarating, with awesome views over the coast and ocean. It was COLD and I really needed earplugs, which I noted afterwards the instructors all seemed to have - I wish they had shared that tip! The float down in the parachute was great and exciting too. We paid 143 AUD each for a USB of photos and video, which was mailed for free a week later. It was high quality, well edited and there was 1200+ photos of each of us!!
Thank you.

Visited April 2014

“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My 12 year old daughter and 67 year old father did a tandem dive here and loved it! The staff were great (special thanks to Sven for his wicked and reassuring sense of humour) and kept everybody at ease. Family and friends were welcome to watch and there were tables and chairs in the shade to sit and wait. A little annoying that we had to be there 2 hours before the actual dive, but the time went fast. Staff were really helpful in getting the DVDs edited quickly and made arrangements for collection to suit us that day. Thank you so much. Can't wait to see the DVDs and pictures!

Visited March 2014
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“OUTSTANDING !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I did the 2 jump AFF Course with Australian Skydive 12 months ago at Bridge water Victoria. An oustanding experience. The Chief Instructor is RALPH a very kind and impressive helpful man. I only spent 2 days with him .. but what an impression he made on me. All the crew are very friendly and helpful and Ralph runs a very safe and friendly drop zone.

If you are going to do a tandem jump go to bridgewater and do the 14000 ft jump. (large turbine plane)

Australian skydiving works out of Bridgewater and Torquay. Trust me you will have an outstanding experience. Thanks Ralph.. for everything. !!

Visited August 2012