“Best Indian food around!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 66 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Jashn you can savour a contemporary dining experience that does not compromise the traditional flavours that embody the festiveness of authentic Indian cuisine. Within an atmosphere of relaxed elegance, diners experience a blend of sophisticated flavours from the piquant offerings of the Konkan coastline to the temperate flavours of Kasmir. From the delicately spiced seafood of Bengal, to the richly flavoured curries of Punjab. Our cuisine reflects the flavours of the Mughal empire, the British Raj and beyond, to which Indian cuisine has evolved today.
Torquay, Australia
“Best Indian food around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The food at Jashn is fantastic, affordable and the selection is great. I go there as often as my wallet and waistband allow!! The service is fantastic too! Highly recommend it!

Visited December 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My partner and I visited Jashn recently and could not have been more impressed. The staff are lovely and know their menu very well, and the restaurant has a great welcoming atmosphere. I strongly recomend the palak paneer and ghobi manchurian - amazing! Easily the best Indian food I have ever had, we will be back for sure!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A great experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We tried this place cos the pub was packed and everything about it was positive. Service was fast, all staff were friendly and the food was fantastic. Not too spicy but had a bit in it. Prices were very good. A Crownie for $6 is rare. Would recommend to anyone!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne
“Simply delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My wife and I were invited by members of her family for dinner at Jashn over the weekend. This was to be my first experience of Indian food. As I love Thai, Malaysian and other Asian cuisine's and don't mind some spice, I figured I should finally experience Indian. Wow what a surprise we both got! The food was just delicious. When asked about how spicy some of the foods were, the waitress said they could make it as spicy or not so spicy as we like. Unlike some restaurants that pre prepare everything and can only add spice. My wife and I both really enjoyed the meal and can only compliment the staff for their attention and good service as well as the great food. Its a great pity we don't live closer, or they aren't closer to where we live, as we would definitely become regulars at Jashn.

If you haven't been there, do yourself a favor and do so, you'll love it!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne
“Will not go back!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were really looking forward to finally trying this restaurant after living in the area for 6 months and craving Indian. Unfortunately our experience was terrible and we will not be going back. We ordered a chicken dish and a vegetarian dish to take away...they did not look OR taste freshly cooked, the chicken was still pink and was inedible, and the veggie dish had no flavour whatsoever and was so thick and stodgy it was hard to detect the actual ingredients. On a positive note, the garlic naan bread was delicious and the staff were lovely and friendly.

• Visited September 2012