“Back to real flying” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 16 Attractions in Torquay
Type: Tours, Zoos & Aquariums
More attraction details
Owner description: Step back in time at Tiger Moth World and climb aboard an authentic vintage open cockpit Tiger Moth for a magical adventure flight of a lifetime. For those who dare, turn your life upside down with a choice of aerobatics from mild through to "adrenalin pumping" Extreme aerobatics. Whatever flight you choose, you will wing your way along the beaches and rugged cliff tops of the world famous Great Ocean Road! 12 Apostles and Great Ocean Road flight adventures are also available in our modern aircraft.
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
“Back to real flying”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Wonderful experience the Tiger Moth. 1940's open cockpit. A real warm welcome from our pilot James. Can fully recommend it as a very different thing to do.

Visited April 2014
SW_Torquay, Manager at Tiger Moth World, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your positive review. It was a pleasure to fly you.

dadswells bridge victoria
“Pretty bloody good !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

went up with young Jack,,what a hoot,,great flight ,,scenery fantastic,,,wing over excellent,, gunna go back again for loop the loop,,see ya soon Mad Max thanks Jack................

Visited May 2014
SW_Torquay, Manager at Tiger Moth World, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your positive review. We look forward to your return for some more aerobatics! Thank you for flying with us.
“Tiger Cat Flight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Awesome experience. James our pilot was the best. ***** five star experience.
The weather was kind the views were amazing.

SW_Torquay, Manager at Tiger Moth World, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you for your five star review. It was a pleasure to fly you in our 2 passenger Tiger Cat.
Adelaide, Australia
“Unforgettable Adventurous Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Tiger Moth World is my number ONE! on list of things to do in Torquay -
I recently had the opportunity to jump in the cockpit of the "Supertiger" Aerobatics BiPlane with Captain Jack - the best gift I have been given in a long time!
It was an unforgettable experience from beginning to end ~including jumpsuit and goggles, seeing the evening kangaroos bounding alongside the aeroplane during take off, the breathtaking coastline and surf beaches from 500feet in the air, and getting my life turned upside down with "Extreme Aerobatics" - loops, rolls and spins.
I felt very well looked after - (there were thorough explanations, everything from how to get into the plane, to hand signals if your stomach has had enough.)

The staff all clearly LOVE their work, and are happy to show anyone around the aeroplanes, and even explain a bit about how they work!

Since discovering Tiger Moth World, I have been up in two flights - also the six-seater aeroplane trip over the Great Ocean Road to the Twelve Apostles. The view from up there is like no other, and witnessing everything from such a different angle was just beautiful. This is a great choice for families with children especially :)

The adventure park is perfect for relaxing after the flight, and a wonderful way to spend a day away. There are so many activities to do (mini-golf, paddle boats, flying fox, a maze and more!) you could easily spend 2-3 hours there, or more if you jump on a flight!
There are also plenty of nice picnic areas around the park if you want to spend the day.

TEN OUT OF TEN!
I will definitely be back with the next sunny weather - maybe in the TigerCat this time!

Visited April 2014
Thank you so much for your fabulous review. We look forward to your return and providing you with another unforgettable flight experience. It was a pleasure to fly you again.
4 attraction reviews
“To-do experience of a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This joy flight had been something I'd been wanting to do for a long time. My only regret was that I hadn't done it sooner.

James piloted the Super Tiger Biplane to
Fairhaven on my 35 minute joy flight, which I thought I was going to have to cancel due to bad weather.

There was some initial confusion with my booking, but Tiger Moth World were most accommodating. James was both friendly & professional. The perfect guide.

I went for the scenic flight option, as opposed to acrobatic. I have only been on one flight in a Tiger Moth (so far) but I can say that the lighthouse at Aireys Inlet is a must-see.

SW_Torquay, Manager at Tiger Moth World, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive review. The Aireys Inlet flight is one of our most popular as you wing your way along the cliff tops to the Aireys Inlet lighthouse. We hope it will be an unforgettable experience for you. Thank you for flying with us.