“Veneto Blu = Veneto Brilliant!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Seymour
“Veneto Blu = Veneto Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Once again Veneto have performed to very high standards! As a cafe frequenter in both Melbourne and the regional areas of Victoria, I still have to say that Veneto is up there with the best.
Staff are always friendly and approachable.
As always-don't leave Veneto without trying the salted caramel brownies, they're delish!

Visited March 2014

Gold Coast
“Big city dining in a little country town...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Wow, what an absolute gem of a place this is. It was only sheer luck that had us stop right outside the door of Veneto Blu on a Melbourne to Brisbane road trip. Well thought out menu - great service - 100% 5 stars all the way. We have yet to find somewhere as good on the Gold Coast!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Probably more enjoyable if you're a regular local”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Ive been to VB several times now and each time I wonder why I keep going back.

They have the most modern cafe in Seymour, which was the only drawcard for me - its hard to come by out here - miss the amazing city offerings). The food is mostly yummy (aside from far too much salt they put on the brekkie mushrooms unless you remember to ask for no salt) but the service is _terrible_.

The very first time I went they completely forgot I was there and took forever to serve me. They seemed apologetic but service got worse from there.

It seems to be an effort to smile at all, apparently unless they know you (I did spot them smiling and asking how other customers were going) and one woman especially who appears to be the owner/manager makes me feel like its an inconvenience to serve/deal with you. There is NO warmth from staff whatsoever in that place that makes you want to come back.

Anyways, I will be cafe'ing elsewhere in future.

Seymour, Australia
“Great food ... especially the cakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

A lovely place to meet friends for coffee or lunch. The homemade cakes are delicious. Friendly service and a good menu from light to full meals.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We stopped for lunch and could not believe the high quality of the food we were served. It was equal to some of the best restaurants in Sydney. I had one of the best Risotto's I have ever had. My companion enjoyed a Goats cheese tart which she declared one of the best she has had. The owner has eyes in the back of her head and noticed we had dropped a fork. Another replaced it in seconds. My wife enjoys a cooler than normal coffee and was quietly stirring it to cool - it and was noticed and offered more milk. This was one of the most enjoyable cafe meals I have had and service better than most restaurants. The comment about price is ridiculous. Nowhere I have been serves meals of this quality at cafe prices. You would not get near the place if it were where we live and we have some good restaurants.

Visited March 2014