“Excellent place to stop” 4 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN New Crossing Place Motel
4.0 of 5 Motel   |   53 Emily Street, Seymour, Victoria 3660, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Seymour
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent place to stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

We stayed just for one night while visiting the area, including a stop at Pucka. The place is excellent... Very comfy beds... Has fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle... Plenty of tea bags... All in all, has everything we needed to rest for the night. The only improvement may be a heater or heat lamp in the bathroom to warm it up with the chilly mornings :)

Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Canberra, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We had the misfortune to stay here in March. We had been travelling for several hours and thought we'd stop for the night in Seymour. We cruised past all the motels and decided on this one only because the first motel of choice was booked out and we thought this would be OK as it was supposedly 4 star. We had room 14, which had 2 bedrooms ( which looks nothing like their photos on their webpage). It was old and rundown, chips out of the walls and skirting boards, dust and cobwebs on the obselete gas heater, the carpet was dirty, the toilet cistern had a big crack in it and it wouldn't stop flushing unless you jiggled with it. However the linen on the beds was white, crisp and clean and we thought we could tolerate the room as it was only for one night. I think 2 stars would have been generous for this room!
My husband and daughter went to bed early and I stayed up to read and watch TV. I was disturbed by shouting and obscene language coming from 2 rooms across the car park. This went on for some time then died down. As soon as it was quiet I started hearing scratching sounds coming from the ceiling. I thought great we've got mice. I followed the scratching sound to the kitchenette and heard it coming from the vent. Then to my horror a large black furry arm or something (larger than a mouse!) stuck out from the vent. I screamed and the arm disappeared, only to return some ten minutes later. I thumped the ceiling and it disappeared again. I had visions of furry rodents running all over me while I slept so went to bed and lay there petrified....my husband snoring away next to me! The screaming match from the rooms started again and moved to the car park where our brand new car was parked. Now I wasn't only worried about being nibbled at during the night, but now thought that our car was going to get damaged by the drunken loud and abusive people across the way. I dared look out to see what was going on as I feared for our safety. Needless to say I didn't get any sleep that night. To top things off we had ordered breakfast the night before and when I opened the museli I had ordered found that it was out of date! So NO sleep and NO breakfast and was required to pay full price. I argued and got a whopping $3.00 off the bill. The motel manager said the furry arm could have been a possum but wasn't sure...I never want to find out!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ncpmotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN New Crossing Place Motel, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Thank you for your comments. Firstly I would like to apologise for your experience and believe me as the General Manager I would not have been happy either.
One of the problems we face as operators is noisy guests. Our property has a strict no noise no party policy that is sign posted in every room. The manager on duty was woken by the same noise as the in house guests; a warning was issued at which time the noise ceased. The manager was woken again later in the night by the same troublesome guests and as per our policy the Police were called and the guest was evicted from the property. This occasion is the first and only time that a guest has been evicted in our 20 years in the business.
The particular room you occupied is scheduled for a complete renovation in April this year, and is not a 4 star room. All staff are instructed to notify all guests that the room is a 3 star suite. I must apologies for this not being made abundantly clear at the time. Our plans for the particular room are grand with removal of bathroom walls to make a spacious modern area, a new full functioning self contained kitchen area along with 100% wool carpet throughout. Once again my apologies for your experience and all I can say is that this type of experience is very out of character for our 20 year family owned and operated business, please do not be put off by a once off experience.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Based on reviews, we were expecting something far nicer. Staff was great. It's pretty bare bones, poorly decorated and in disrepair (with a flat screen tv?), but there's a fridge and freezer, a microwave, playground and pool. Nothing really wrong with it, but **definitely** not 4 stars!

• Stayed December 2011
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

On the Hume close to Melbourne this was a great motel beds and room perfect and all very clean. Everything you could ask for if its an overnight or short stay. Would stay again and recommend to friends and family. Nice little gem of a motel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed in Seymour for a party and it was a real treat to find such a great motel in a small country town. The bed and pillows were amazing... Better than mine at home. Great service and the motel met all my expectation. We will return. Thanks

• Stayed August 2011
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

We stayed just one night to be fresh for our trip into Melbourne. A friendly reception, a warm soft bed and a clean room made for a pleasant stay. I recommend this motel and will be staying again. Folks in town told me it is Seymour's best.

Room Tip: Best Western are the best. I tried the rest and some are awful.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Rooms were very clean and fitted out in a modern style. Flat screen tv was a bonus as well. The whole check in experience was smooth and the staff made me feel very welcome. Really easy to find and get to as well which was great. Best bacon and eggs for breakfast, would be hard pressed to find better anywhere. look forward to staying again next time i'm in the area

Room Tip: enjoy a beer by the pool bar
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seymour
Comfort Inn Coach & Bushmans
#1 of 1 in Broadford
4.5 of 5 stars 15 reviews
Nagambie Motor Inn & Conference Centre
Centretown Motel Nagambie

Been to BEST WESTERN New Crossing Place Motel? Share your experiences!