“Must try” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
maroochydore
“Must try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was a special occasion for our family. This restaurant was highly rated so we tried. There was nothing to fault at all. We were put in a room with just a few tables, private enough but not claustrophobic. The service, food & choice of wine were top-notch especially impressed with the food presentation. The degustation meal took us a while to finish but we all enjoyed immensely the whole time we were there. This is not the restaurant you would go often but once a year visit would be perfect.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing food & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We had celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary here and I'm so glad we chose this restaurant. It was faultless. We had the degustation menu with matching wines (which you can see on the website). Nine courses ranging from seafood, lamb, wagyu beef and delicious desserts. The wines chosen to match suited each dish perfectly. The service was friendly yet professional. And the restaurant itself is set in a beautiful house in Prahran.

This would have to be the best restaurant I've ever been to.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
sydney
“Very good but did not meet our expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We booked a Friday lunch for five of us which included our 2 year old and had four courses. The ambience here was a little stiff and felt a little apprehensive as soon as we walked in with our 2 year old boy. However we came here for the food experience. We found the yellow tuna to be delicious. The bean shoots tasty but it I wasnt wowed and its was a very small portion even for fine dining. The angus beef was nice but a little under seasoned. The venison was cooked perfectly and was flavoursome. And the plum dessert was the highlight......beautiful. The staff were very poliite and knowledgeable but not very engaging....maybe because they were in shock that we had brought our 2 year old with us.......Overall a pleasant experience but wouldnt go back with children.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Nice experience but food didn't impress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I chose Jacques Reymond for my Melb restaurant experience this visit. When the taxi pulled up in front at lunch time, I thought I may be at someone's house and perhaps this once was a beautiful home. Walking up the drive way there was a front door on a landing but I wasn't sure it was the entrance until another customer pointed me in there.
Being greeted in the hallway by well dressed and professional staff made me relax. They took my carry on and sent me to my table where my companion waited. The room, overlooking a garden and fountain would have been the lounge room. It had a fire place and large gold framed mirror, French style but with a modern twist.
Warm bread rolls were delivered and the wines by the glass, while not extensive certainly satisfied my love of wine. Beginning with a glass of champagne Ruinart blanc de blancs and moving to a chablis with the food.
We had the 3 courses for $60 and the waiter told us they were each smaller than entree size, well he was right about that ( mental note: Do not bring my husband here). Starting with the yellow fin tuna with salmon mousse, a small finger sized piece of raw tuna topped with a tablespoon of mousse and covered by a wafer of what tasted like toffee. It was nice but the sweetness of the toffee thing ruined it for me. Next up a tiny piece of zucchini flower in a sweet soy type broth with bean shoots and squares of swede that were a jelly like texture, again nice but too sweet. Lastly a mushroom tart which was a small stack consisting of a flat mushroom, sweet, textured tomato and another mushroom. The use of all that sweet sugar in each of the meals was not pleasing to my palate but it would certainly appeal to others.
The pluses were the great ambiance, excellent service and on leaving I walked past the kitchen to see the man himself dressed in whites, unfortunately I got tongue tied and probably said something stupid but Mr Reymond was charming.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“The best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We have been here several times, the restaurant is beautiful and the food and presentation are incredible. Its an experience not to be missed. Its a must to go to if you are truly passionate about good food. Will return again when next in Melbourne.

Visited March 2013