“A restaurant with a difference” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 109 Restaurants in Prahran
Australia
“A restaurant with a difference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Earlier this month we had dinner at Hobba in Prahran. This restaurant is an upmarket eatery and bar. The food was magnificent although some people may find the menu somewhat limiting however it suited us just fine. We were happy with the choices and the difference with this restaurant is that the main meals are for 2 people and we shared. We also shared a dessert, we could not manage one each because we had ample to eat. We ordered wine by the glass and it was so good. The restaurant is a little pricey, but this was a special occasion for us. I can't wait to go back. If I had to give it a score, I would give it 11/10.

• Visited February 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Fabulous cafe and great coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have visited this cafe on five occasions and each time have been impressed by the food, ambience and service. I have had the Reuben monsieur, Crispy chicken sandwich and the grilled ham and cheese. Each absolutely delicious. The coffee is excellent as far as flavour and crema goes but a little too lukewarm on occasion.
The atmosphere is fantastic. Set in a warehouse but still cosy.
The service is excellent. Sarah is especially attentive and friendly.
I have yet to try breakfast or dinner but it is on my list of places to try.

• Visited February 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Yum...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Due to jet lag we pretty much helped them open up. Ordered coffees straight away and they were there quickly. Next uses really as we were the ly ones there. Breakfast tough itself took a while... Apparently they weren't expecting anyone to order the bubble and squeak so early so it took a while. Guess it's a good sign and shows they cook stuff from scratch. But really? They didn't charge us for the second coffee to compensate. The room itself is lovely but I suspect that in winter it is freeeezing. As I said I had the bubble and squeak, hollandaise, bacon, egg and toast. Was lovely. Husband had poached eggs and bacon. Similarly impressed. The eggs look Under done but they aren't... It's just the way they cook them. I did find it quite expensive for what you get but it's worth a visit. Go early though as if you go at 930you will have to wait..

“didn't meet expectations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Was looking forward to trying this cafe out as it has had good recommendations. Very disappointed. Coffee was burnt and bitter and way too hot; service was indifferent to anyone over 30. took long time to take order and then deliver coffee; took long time too to take my money. Overpriced

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Sous Vide Eggs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Housed in an old garage, this is airy and spacious. As I eat breakfast late, I didn't have to wait at all, but by the time I left, lunchtime diners were perched in the queue. The coffee is really good, and just the right temperature. The service is friendly and efficient, a little bit of a wait for the first coffee. I had sous vide poached eggs. I loved them, but you have to be ready for the fact they are quite runny. Maybe a little underdone, but sooo creamy. They aren't precious about their toast...so many are waving the toast at the grill these days I always ask for well toasted toast, and they happily accommodated. I added fresh sliced avocado and corn croquette. Goodness that croquette was maybe the best breakfast food I have had for years...I bet people come in and just order a plate of them and tuck in. My friend was on the bubble and squeak. He said "not like he has ever had it before", but really yummy. A little pattie of B&S on toast with avodaco etc - he ditched the standard hollandaise. On the small side, but then the dishes are not expensive so it is still good value for money. Enjoy!

• Visited January 2013