This was my second stay at an Art Series Hotel, and like my first stay at The Blackman it did not disappoint.
We were able to check in a bit before 2pm which was great as we arrived on a Sunday which I'm sure is a huge day for people checking out from their weekend stays. We stayed in a Studio Suite, on level 2 overlooking the park.
The Rooms at The Cullen are superbly appointed with modern fittings and fixtures,and the rooms are properly clean (no dust bunnies hiding in this hotel).Even the lower end room have bathrobes and slippers and the huge Art Series Signature beds which are the most comfortable beds ever! The sheets are also a lovey high thread count and I think the pillows and doona might even be feather too. The curtains and really thick and heavy and do a great job of blocking out the morning sun so you can sleep in or have an afternoon nap.
The Studio Suite has a great little kitchenette with a few pots and pans hot plate and convection oven if you want to do a bit of cooking, but who really would with Chapel Street just a few meters up the road and the markets across the road?
The housekeeping staff at The Cullen were amazingly helpful, they re-stocked all the used toiletries every day (even the shower cap!) and were more than happy to bring up any additional items we needed, I got a bit addicted to one of the T2 teas (yes thats right no crappy catering blend at this hotel) and the housekeeping staff bought me up some extra tea, there were also numerous other lovely touches throughout the stay like making up our room when they noticed we had just popped out for lunch.
I can't wait for my next trip to Melbourne, I think I will have to try the Olsen next time. I can't see myself ever staying at any other hotels in Melbourne, this hotels are just the business!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Prahran, Melbourne, The Cullen is inspired by Adam Cullen. Daring and unique, The Cullen features lashings of original artwork and prints by Australia’s most exciting contemporary artist, Adam Cullen.Sleep soundly in your Art Series Signature bed, then block out the morning or wake up to natural light and vibrant energy of Cullen works. Prepare breakfast using in room kitchenette facilities, spectacular views of Melbourne CBD, underground parking, state of the art gymnasium and two exciting restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Splendia, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL and Tingo so you can book your Art Series - The Cullen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Art Series - The Cullen Hotel Melbourne
- Art Series - The Cullen Greater Melbourne/Prahran