“Never again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Armadale Serviced Apartments

Save Saved
You added Armadale Serviced Apartments to your Saves list
Armadale Serviced Apartments
2.0 of 5 Condominium   |   6 Williams Road, Prahran, Stonnington, Victoria 3181, Australia   |
Sydney, Australia
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Why didn't I read these comments before? I thought I had a great deal, one of those last minute ones, having checked the pictures on their website and all. It turned out to be a very different story! The worst was the noise, which is no wonder as the road next door is a 10 laneways!!! Plus the garbage truck collecting the bins at 2 in the morning and sitting their for what seemed an eternity (lots of bins obviously!)
The only quite positive point was the apparent cleanliness... but everything else was not good. The kitchen was lacking even in basics (no wine glass, lack of crockery and cooking utensils), and the oven was not even working. The bathroom sink had trouble evacuating and so did the toilets.... the second bedroom door could shut as one of the two beds was too long and in the way. And what about the "separate living area" furnished only with pre war sofas and a television, actually the only modern piece in the flat! Very disapointing indeed!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Queenstown, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

I wish I'd read the reviews on here before staying at the Armadale Apartments. They are spot on...
I'd have to say the worst thing about this place was one staff member. A woman who works in the reception who was so incredibly rude, she left me speechless. I've never been spoken to in such an aggressive way by someone in the hospitality industry. She was actually yelling at me, all I asked for was a hair dryer as they don't have them in the rooms!
I was quite upset about the whole incident and as she was the only person there, I couldn't complain about it to any senior management.
Funnily enough, I think it's the same person someone has already written about on here.

Wont be going back. Ever.

Room Tip: Dont go here...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011 via mobile

These apartments are simply awful. From the moment I checked in it was a nightmare. Incredibly rude staff were threatening and inhospitable; cockroaches and dust throughout apartment; freezing at night with no heater in rooms and very noisy; venetian blinds wouldn't close so you could see in from the street; stained sheets. And to top it off someone sideswiped my car in the narrow driveway that doubles as a car park.
Seriously awful accommodation and I won't be coming here again.

• Stayed May 2011
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

Was a bit wary after reading other reviews, but found the apartment to be spacious, clean and great value for money. Fantastic location and close to public transport. Obviously not 5 star, but for the the price I found it to be one of the better cheap places I have stayed. Great No Frills accommodation.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

We booked in for 4 nights, left after 2 nights. Door took 5 mins to open, the musty smell hit you upon entering, shaby worn furniture circa 1960, sat on the lounge and the seat almost hit the floor, no curtains-screens-blinds broken, kitchen antiquated,tv remote didnt work,clock radio didnt work, toilet dirty, shower/bath dangerous,2 towels 2 handtowels with holes, this was a so called serviced apartment....but only after 7 days! if you wanted a fresh towel or toilet paper you had to ask for it...Gee why didnt you tell us, the manager said..Gee why didnt you tell us this was below economy standard in the first place!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Gurgaon, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

Hi
This is regarding the treatment we got at the hands of one of the apartment's employee i.e. the manager of the aparments. She treated us rather filthiily and I don't know why she was angry with us since the beginning i.e. since the 4th of sep.2010.Initially we were in room no. 15 and then shifted to room no. 23. We left the apartment on 1st October 2010.
Whenever we went to her for any of the enquiries she went so furious as we have done some crime or we were staying there free of charges .We left the apartment primarily because of her behaviour otherwise we would have stayed there for another month or so. She treated us like a doormat. We have travelled extensively throughout the world but we have never got such ill treatment, till now, we were always treated like honoured guests whether in U.S.A or Canada. My husband who is working as Programme Director in one of the reputed companies of Australia was so disappointed with the Manager's behaviour that he has told all the employees working under him not to stay in Armadale apartments ever if they want to keep their integrity and dignity intact. I am writing this just to tell you,so that no other customer undergoes such treatment at her hands.
Whenever I called her at the reception she reprimanded me angrily that there is a camera inside, so there is no need for me to call her or rather I should dare not call her.Please ensure that she doesn't treat any other person in such way and humiliate them at your hotel.We were new to the area otherwise we would have shifted the apartment on the second day itself. Thanks to her bad behaviour that we decided to return to our country .

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
ArmadaleApartments, Owner at Armadale Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, October 13, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments as your feedback is valuable to us. I appreciate you bringing this up to our attention so we can resolve and clarify any concerns or issues that may have occurred during your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the service provided to you, we normally pride ourselves on the professionalism of our staff. I will certainly look into the matter and address this with the staff member concerned.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind regards

Mark Lane
Director
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

I booked the room for my family (2 parents and 3 children) before reading these reviews and was really apprehensive of what I'd find. I was pleasantly surprised. It is not that bad. It is great value for money and we stayed for a week and saved quite a lot comparatively. Everything was clean and orderly and in working condition except for the oven, that was okay though as we didn't really need to use it. The beds were comfortable and some areas were newly carpeted. The lounge however was a bit old but still comfortable.
It's a great cheap apartment if you're not planning to stay in it too much and was really close to public transport.
The admin staff were also really helpful when we asked them for use of a street map and they provided us this without any extra cost.
It is definitely a budget stay however it provides you with everything you need for your stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Armadale Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!