“Very disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
“Very disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We always treat ourselves to fish and chips when we're driving through Port Fairy, I worked in a fish and chips shop for 7 years and have always been picky eating fish and chips, but today was a disappointment. It took a good 10 mins to be serve, I didn't feel like I was acknowledged standing there waiting, I would've been happy if they told me "I'll be there in a minute". Our chips and potato cakes were soggy, obviously hasn't let the oil get to the right temperature. My flat heads were a small serve where in the past I would've gotten 2 serves of what I got today. The quality and the service wasn't the same anymore. No lemons available even though they still had an hour of service left.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“good fish and chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We had fish and scollops and they were lovely, expecially the scollops. I did order a potatoe cake but were we opened up our meal at our accom the was no potato cake..bit disappointed although i was so full at end of meal i probably would not have eaten it anyway. I loved my meal.

Visited October 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Potato Cakes... WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Only came here for a snack so we ordered some potato cakes. Boy oh boy they were nice. Very big slices of potato and a great batter. Delicious! One of the best potato cakes I have had. Worth the price you pay.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Australia
“Nice spot for a Fish and Chip feed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Right on the wharf, pretty casual but suited us for a nice little lunch. All cooked well, nice to watch the boats go in and out and when "Alf" (?owner) wandered out with an icy pole for the 2 grandkids won us all over - nice touch - thanks !

Visited September 2013
Glen Waverley, Melbourne
“Try the flathead tails”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We loved the flathead and the scallops. Sometimes they didn't have much to choose from, however. They do need to wipe down the tables a bit more. Eating outside in the sunshine was good. The seagulls were pesky, but that's to be expected. We did have far too many chips. Maybe they could offer,say, a $2.50 serve. We pay a visit to Wisharts, whenever we're in Port Fairy.

Visited June 2013