A boutique experience generally involves personalized home style service and hospitality touches.
At Oscars, the physical product and location is pleasant, however, there is a distinct lack of personal attention and boutique touches that you would expect at such high prices.
Boutique touches such as a personalized welcome note or a simple in room gift (even a sample of the delicious local chocolate)
Breakfast was pleasant - cooked to order hot items - but no selection of muesli or milks. No fresh fruits. No espresso coffee (even a Nespresso would have been appreciated)
The house features a very nice living room which no one used - during our stay. At this price, wouldn't a complimentary pre dinner glass of wine hosted by the house be a nice touch? Giving it atmosphere that was missing.
All in all an average but expensive experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The prestigious property of Oscars Waterfront Boutique Hotel has become a well-known weekend retreat and idyllic destination for national and international tourists alike.Located in the town of Port Fairy at the end of the Great Ocean Road, close to the 12 Apostles, Grampians and Coonawarra wine region, Oscars continues to thrive under continued ownership spanning 14 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Oscars Waterfront Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Oscars Waterfront Boutique
- Oscars Waterfront Boutique Port Fairy
- Oscars Waterfront Boutique Hotel Port Fairy, Victoria