Port Campbell is a lovely little town with a beautiful small beach with cliff bluffs on either side. Despite the chill of the southern ocean water, the beach was packed when we arrived after the long drive from Melbourne and viewing the 12 Apostles.
We, three couples, stayed for one night in a 3bdrm villa. The villa was clean and had a nice relaxing vibe to it. The small courtyard was private and the doors opened to allow the lovely coastal breeze through the villa.
Our first thoughts were to hire a portable bbq for dinner, but we arrived late in Port Campbell and the allocation of portable bbq's had all been taken by the time we arrived - it was peak holiday season. We popped into the small, and somewhat expensive, grocery store in town and found that all the utensils that we needed to cook a nice two-course dinner were provided in the kitchen.
I would have like the villa to have had a bath-tub, it would have been nice to have a soak after a long day of travelling and hiking, but overall Southern Ocean Villas are very nice and good value for money.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Ocean Villas Hotel Port Campbell
- Southern Ocean Villas Hotel
- Southern Ocean Villas Port Campbell/Great Ocean Road, Australia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern Ocean Villas set a new standard of contemporary accommodation in Port Campbell. Ideally located in a tranquil, landscaped environment on the edge of the picturesque Port Campbell National Park, famous for its rugged beauty, Shipwreck Coast and spectacular scenery, Southern Ocean Villas are within a short stroll of the Port Campbell town centre and beach. The perfect base for day trips and scenic adventures, the villas offer a variety of different accommodation options. Capable of comfortably accommodating from 2 up to 6 people, each villa has an open-plan kitchen and lounge/dining with two and three bedrooms and a scenic outdoor deck. Southern Ocean Villas are fully self contained including microwave, dishwasher, and full sized refrigerator, TV/DVD/CD; reverse cycle air conditioning, separate laundry with washer & dryer. We also provide quality linen & crockery, comfortable suede couches, outdoor deck area and BBQ facilities. We also offer complimentary Wi-Fi. Whether you are looking to stay overnight or for an extended period, this is a great place to kick back and relax along the Great Ocean Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Southern Ocean Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.