In summary: 1. 2mins drive away from 12apostles (Great Ocean Road) 2. Spacious & clean rooms 3. Hospitable & warm couple as your staff
If you are driving to 12 apostles, I strongly suggest you stay a night. Its a 3hours drive from Melbourne (through the countryside) & 5hours if you take the scenic Great Ocean Road (GOR), which is recommended. I figured stay close to the 12 apostles (which was our destination but this is one of those where the journey itself is great as well) so Port Campbell it was at Princetown. Your drive to the motel from the GOR is on unpaved road so that made us wonder where is this motel. But once we checked into the room, no regrets. Its huge, spacious & we had a pleasant stay. Its literally 2mins drive to 12 apostles & 10mins drive to the city centre in Port Campbell. No food at this motel so you gotta eat out or like us cook yourselves instant noodles. There's a mini kitchen so its convenient for that. Need to have a car to move about (we rented the car for 2days). Dusty & sandy outside but clean rooms inside. Def great countryside retreat while still being close to major attractions & downtown of the town. You have this elderly couple as your staff & hosts. And its aptly named...a retreat so its tranquil surroundings was a pleasure.
Def recommend if you looking for a countryside feel in the vicinity (in case you want something different from the usual city htels).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on 8 acres, 3 kilometres directly inland from the famous Twelve Apostles. Come and enjoy our country retreat with truly Australian hospitality in peaceful relaxing surroundings. We have motel units, 2 bedroom family units and self contained cottages available with country and valley views. All units have en-suite bathrooms, air conditioning/heating, microwave, toaster, tea/coffee making facilities, fridge, hairdryer, iron and ironing board. We have an indoor pool, BBQ facilities and children's playground. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Twelve Apostles Motel & Country Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Twelve Apostles Motel And Country Retreat
- Twelve Apostles Motel & Country Retreat Hotel Port Campbell
- 12 Apostles Motel & Country Retreat
- Twelve Apostles Motel & Country Retreat Port Campbell/Great Ocean Road, Australia