Stayed in one of the apartments overlooking the ocean. The room was clean and tidy with good amenities. As the room overlooked the beach it was very quiet at night, with only the sound of the waves rolling in. The facilities in the hotel were OK, the gym was small but functional and the pool area/sauna/steam room looked good. The breakfast buffet was a different matter. It seems that most guests arrive at the same time (9am) after which the staff are completely overwhelmed. Difficult to get a seat and you may have to clear your own table. The range of food was as expected for a buffet of this kind, however the kitchen could not keep up with the demand for the hot food leading to long queues and rapid emptying was the food arrives. Overall, quite an expensive hotel for what you get but not surprising given the lack of competition in Lorne.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only beachfront property in Lorne, Mantra Lorne is tastefully built around the oldest permanently operating guesthouse in Victoria. Located on 12 acres of lush landscaped gardens, Mantra Lorne offers a range of facilities including a family friendly Brasserie and Bar, Endota Day Spa, 18 hole putt putt course and heated indoor pool. Local attractions surrounding and within easy reach of the resort include Erskine Falls, the Twelve Apostles, Split Point Lighthouse and the Angahook State Forest. Positioned at the gateway of the iconic Great Ocean Road, Mantra Lorne is less than an hours drive from Avalon Airport and under two hours drive from Melbourne. There is a range of accommodation options including resort rooms, one and two bedroom apartments as well as Heritage Hotel rooms. The one and two bedroom apartments are fully self contained and feature kitchen and share laundry facilities, reverse cycle air conditioning, private balcony and VCR or DVD players. One bedroom apartments can be conjoined with resort rooms to create a twin key two bedroom family environment. Resort rooms and hotel rooms feature a range of outlooks including filtered ocean views or garden views and some offer spa baths. Apartments are serviced every third day of stay (i.E. 4Th and 8th day) unless stipulated otherwise at the time booking. *Note - As bedding configurations vary please request your requirements at time of booking, but please note this request cannot be guaranteed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your Mantra Lorne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Erskine Beach Hotel Lorne
- Mantra Erskine Beach Lorne
- Lorne Erskine Resort
- Mantra Lorne South Pacific