“Jumbo Prwans were a treat!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Jumbo Prwans were a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Of all the places in Lorne to eat out - this is by far my favorite. We travelled here on our honeymoon and had the Jumbo prawns which were absolutely divine... I can't speak highly enough of them! The service was great too - Highly recommended!

Visited March 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Pricey but Nicey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Really nice seafood and view of the ocean and pier worth the price.

King prawns and sticky date pudding were a great combo!

Ocean Grove, Australia
“Over-priced, ordinary food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

The restaurant has a prime location adjacent to the pier in the popular town of Lorne. We were greeted by a waiter who seemed to know his job (just) but was somewhat lacking in social skills. Tables are basic and, for me, the chairs were uncomfortable. As a seafood restaurant the emphasis obviously is on fish and other delights from the sea, although some meat dishes are available on the relatively large menu. The wine list is small and unexciting. I had a fish from the daily specials. It was very fresh, but that's about all that can be said in favor of the meal; the fish was adequately cooked, but the sauce was a 'nothing' addition and the sad fries and small portion of salad accompanying the meal made for a disappointing, overpriced meal.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Good meal, great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This was a lovely lunch with a lovely view out to sea and over the pier. There is plenty of seating inside and out. My meal of barramundi was delicious and generous. The service was friendly and my mum and my aunt also enjoyed their meals - rockling. We will be back.
We sat inside and my only criticism were the little flies that were buzzing around. I know it is difficult when the door is open to the outdoor eating area and you can't very well be spraying fly spray when diners are eating. But it wasn't a good look.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne
“Great sunset”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Did not start well with a very abrupt, and I thought unfriendly, man on the phone taking the booking. We met him later and he was a great host - don't be fooled by his phone manner!! We requested a table outside to enjoy the sunset and the location was great. My wife gave me a heart attack wanting to order a half lobster at $75 - when I recovered we ordered the Crab Bisque (excellent), Stuffed Mushrooms (great) and Rockling with african spices (very good). Overall a great dining experience thanks to the location, sunset, good food and very friendly service (and of course the company!).

Visited March 2014